Citroen C5

P9993us

Neutral Newbie

Hi Everyone,

I'm a C5 1.8L (auto) owner. Would like to invite other Citroen C5 owners to share their encounter so far with Advance Automobile and the performance of their car.

C5 is relatively new in Singapore. I believe it hit the road around Aug 2001 (correct me if I'm wrong).

Any views or opinions welcome !

Thank you. [;)]

↡ Advertisement

How do you find the car in terms of comfort and performance so far? Any comparisons with other makes prior to your C5 purchase?

I went to see the C5 with a friend but didn't get to test drive, find the interior very spacious but lack upmarket trims.

Neutral Newbie

Yes, I test drove Seat Toledo, both 1.6A and 1.8A, Skoda Octavia 1.6A and 1.8T, Mazda 626, Mit Galant, Cefiro before the C5.

I placed deposit for 626 and Toledo 1.8 but got my money back when I refused to top up after 3 bids each.

Very comfortable and quiet on highway.

Fuel consumption between 10 - 12 km/L. I do 70% highway 30% city. Real surprise to me. I expected it to be around 8-9km.

Pickup from standstill is so so....better if use tiptronic though.

Very spacious interior and I love the look of the car.

Engine wise, I feel that Jap made are more refine especially auto gear transmission.

Since my car mileage is only 2800Km I hope it can improve after further run-in.

Like what you said, trim is so so as well.

You're getting pretty good mileage for a car that is in the midst of running in.

U must be real proud of your purchase, what were U driving before if U don't mind me asking? [angelic]

Neutral Newbie

I drove a Sunny 1.5A before this.

Some wacko "tatooed" a UOB bank logo on my car already....when my C5 was not even 3 weeks old. So sick !!

As far as owning C5 is concern, I'm happy that my family enjoy the car as much as I do. The reliability of C5 and Advance Autos ability to repair it, is yet to be proven but I hope it won't die on me too soon. I can only guess the $$$ I will spend after the 3 free servicing is over. Judging from the feedbacks from ex-Cit owners, its going to burn a big hole in my wallet.

In the meantime, I'll just enjoy the car while it last ... [:)]

Welcome to the club! I drive a Xsara at the moment. Quite satisfied with the car (C5 is on a diff league and much better so cant compare with Xsara). Anyway, my feedback so far is

1. Not much tuning products in the market 8-( No fun lah

2. Engine is a little under powered. But the max torque arrives quite early. Thus the driveability is there (dont have to rev like mad). But can forget abt drag racing.

3. Ride and handling. Quite refined. No floating feeling even at high speeds.

4. Service at Advance Automobile. Quite ok. Sometimes need to push them a bit to get little gremlins solved. The price of service is very expensive. Cost me $76 to do annual maintenance minus the filters, enginer oil, blah... Thus after your first 3 free services, be prepared to pay ~$200 per service

Alamak! Tattoed with what? Paint or carkey? Darn bxxxxxds! [mad]

Well at least you can enjoy the C5 for 3yrs knowing that Ad Auto will tahan whatever shortcomings (if any) Citreon has...... [;)]

Neutral Newbie

I paid $98,888 + $1500 for the leather seat.....Advance die die also don't want to throw in the leather seats. But I've got the 15" sports rims when I sign up with OCBC for financing my car loan.

I believe the latest pricing is about $106,888.

Cheers !

Neutral Newbie

With car key loh.... heart still aching man.... [:(][:(] And image that sicko had the time to slowly carve the UOB logo.

Neutral Newbie

Agree, black is very chio indeed.

I wanted a black C5 but looks like its reserved for the V6 version only.

So had to settle for grey.

I love the suspension on the C5. Advance auto salesman told me that Citroen supplies their suspension systems to Merc, BMW and even Rolls Royce.

Don't know true or not.

Anybody can confirm ?

I have heard that before, and believe it is true. Merc uses it in the S class, and I expect BMW uses it in the & series. I thought that Lexus also OEMs the suspension, but not sure.

I love the suspension on the C5. Advance auto salesman told me that Citroen supplies their suspension systems to Merc, BMW and even Rolls Royce.

Don't know true or not.

Anybody can confirm ?

Agree, black is very chio indeed.

I wanted a black C5 but looks like its reserved for the V6 version only.

So had to settle for grey.

Don't know true or not.

Anybody can confirm ?

This this utterly nonsense from the salesman. Citroen uses Hydo-Peumatic system while the Merc, BMW and runs conventional oil/gas systems. On the the current S-class (W220) runs Airmatic where you can adjust the damping at the press of a button on the dashboard to make it hard or soft.

The new E-class that is coming code named (W211) will also featrure this Airmatic. They are far more reliable than Citroen's suspension system.

Neutral Newbie

C5 owners in Europe have reported problem with their C5 rear suspension. I've been hearing this squeaky sound from my C5 rear suspension when someone gets into the car. Wonder if this will eventually lead to the "knocking" sound as reported in some of the European forums.

Hi,

I had the same 'problem' with the rear suspension of my Xsara. The 'problem' went away after 1/2 a year by itself.

As you are using the hypneumatic suspension, it may be a leaking 'damper' (they have some terminology for that). Get Adv Auto to check and replace. Try writing to France an complain if they refuse to fix your problem (worked for me). Get it fix before they claim that the problem is caused by wear and tear.

My 2 cents worth.

The C5 is a brand new platform. Some of my friends do not, as a rule, buy cars that are the first of a new range. Where Citroen is concerned, this could be especially pertinent. Mind you, given the notorious unreliability of the BX series, sometimes practice does NOT make perfect! [:p]

And yes, I agree with Torquelover. Use your warranty to the max. Be absolutely fussy about the car and get problems fixed as soon as possible. Some problems may take more than just one visit to Advance Auto to fix. This I observe from a friend who used to own a ZX Volcane and a Xantia 2.0.

↡ Advertisement