Peugeot Forum

Phalanx

Just bought a peugeot 206 1.4 Auto (Tiptronic)

I been trying to get myself registered with the singapore peugeot club too ... but have not been approved yet... many days already...

I am also thinking of getting full sports body kits ($3,100) but don't know whether to get original from Auto France or do outside later... due to collect car next week... so need to give Auto France an answer by tomorrow (Friday)....

Also want to check with you guys... if it's worth to get the $800 service package... include free service with oil and parts for the 3yrs/60,000km

Thanks... hope someone can help

Vincent Ang

Edited by Vincentacy
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi Vincent

I have also checked out the package at Auto-France. I think it is quite ex and limited. And I believe there are better options outside. Just like the www.x-tune.com recommended by Biohazard.

AF = Auto France

Autovox is at Lok Yang Way (Jurong)

BTW, the pugs forum hv been quite erratic these days....pls be patient. [;)]

Hi. Tried to join the pugs forum but hasn't been approved yet.

I need some feedback from any 407 owners cause I'm seriously thinking of getting one.

It's a 10 month old 407 2.0L kitted with Momo rims @ 80K+ . Would appreciate any feedback to see whether its worth it. Thanks.

so far, feedback on 407 has been ok, based on the few 407 owners in pugsforum. Except for a couple of teething problems, like aircon control etc, mostly electronics.

dont expect performance frm this car tho'. Its a cruiser. [laugh]

hi Vincent

$3100 for wat kit? Abyess kit, MS Design or something else? A bit expensive IMO. Better to do outside, more selections.

Hi Xxer,

I am listening to all the advise i have gotten from all of you... and not going for the sports body kit as of now (when I collect car). Heard from a Peugeot owner that when you do your sports kit with AutoFrance, they keep your original kits... so... a bit not worth when they insist they cannot give more discount.

However... I am thinking of getting sports rims as the car comes with stock covered rims... now don't know whether to go with the 14" Peugeot sports rims at $400 or do outside... If Peugeot have the 15" rims at good price, should I go for it?

Last but not least... they have this warranty package at $800 which gives you free labour, PARTS (oil filters and other oil top up) and OIL for 60,000km (that will work out to be about 7 services; 1k, 10k, 20k, 30k, 40, 50k and 60k) How much does the oil and parts cost each time when you guys go in for servicing?

Thanks

Vincent Ang

However... I am thinking of getting sports rims as the car comes with stock covered rims... now don't know whether to go with the 14" Peugeot sports rims at $400 or do outside... If Peugeot have the 15" rims at good price, should I go for

==> If u can find original 206 GTi rims, best. This rim looks great and its light weight!

Last but not least... they have this warranty package at $800 which gives you free labour, PARTS (oil filters and other oil top up) and OIL for 60,000km (that will work out to be about 7 services; 1k, 10k, 20k, 30k, 40, 50k and 60k) How much does the oil and parts cost each time when you guys go in for servicing?

==> IMHO, abt the same as u do it outside. Dont AF provide 3 free servicings?

==> IMHO, abt the same as u do it outside. Dont AF provide 3 free servicings?

Yes, it's 3 free labour (I think 1k, 10k and 20k) but pay for your own oil and filters. If you say it's about the same doing it outside, I would rather do it with AutoFrance since the warranty is with them?

Anyone got better suggestions?

Vincent Ang

Peugeot sport rims? Forget it. As for servicing, it would be cheaper to bring your own oil. I bring my own oil and it will cost me $80++ per servicing

Hi bro,

What's up with the Peugeot sports rim? Care to share why you give a straight "no"?

As for servicing... if you say, bring your own oil right... then... labour already cost $80... and oil would easily cost another $60 or more (let say I buy best grade full syn oil).... work out to be about the same, isn't it? Have you worked out 3 years or 60,000km of servicing will cost how much?

Thanks

Vincent

Y would u wan to pay $$ for something that's heavy and not worth? And btw i believe the rims that u r planning to get is just some OEM with the "Peugeot Sport" label [:p]

As for servicing, our car needs abt 3.5-3.8L of oil which would not cost $60 unless u r getting Shell Helix Ultra. Im not planning to let AF service my car for 3 yrs coz of some bad experience. I would recommend Thomas & Partner. [;)]

Edited by Biohazard

Y would u wan to pay $$ for something that's heavy and not worth? And btw i believe the rims that u r planning to get is just some OEM with the "Peugeot Sport" label

As for servicing, our car needs abt 3.5-3.8L of oil which would not cost $60 unless u r getting Shell Helix Ultra. Im not planning to let AF service my car for 3 yrs coz of some bad experience. I would recommend Thomas & Partner.

I have given up the thoughts of getting the Peugeot rims today... heavy? Thanks for telling me now... cos I was quite regretful after the sales rep told me, if I want the rims now... got to pay more...

I guess I cannot back out for the $800 service package now as I have paid for it... I guess it's okay la... come to around the same... and honestly, I would rather leave my car at AutoFrance cos it's near to my house (the new service centre next to Ikea)...

What kind of bad experience so I can watch out... i am quite outspoken about service... so I want to rise it up with them before I even send car in.

Thanks again

Vincent Ang

Neutral Newbie

The servicing costs are $70 for odd 10K (inspection) and $260 for even 10K (oil change), inclusive of all materials. I think it works out to be abt the same whether you take that package or not. But it'll definitely be much cheaper if you go outside.

For "experiences", just check out the peugeot forum.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Biohazard

When you say "...that we have"....does that mean you do installations? I am keen to find out more.

By the way, just want to test my thoughts. The front bumper and side of of 206 seems ok to me. I am wondering how does it look if I am to just change the rear bumper and install a roof spoiler. Any opinion from anyone?

Also does anyone knows where can I get the exhaust changed? And does exhaust enhance the performance of the car?....please excuse my ignorance [blush]

Hi Achtung7,

if what you quote above is true, then the $800 package from AutoFrance is too good to be true! Help me understand too by going thru this with me, thanks.

I looked at the package (write out the sale rep. showed me) and double confirm with sales and service centre TWICE.

The 3yrs/60,000km service/warranty package special is for new cars ONLY. Since, I use car for work as well as leisure, clocking 25,000km to 30,000km a year is a norm, therefore I should finish all the benefits of this package if I use car for at least 2yrs.

odd 10k = 1, 3, 5 (checks and inspection; you say is $70 each)

even 10k = 2, 4, 6 (you quote around $260+/- each with oil & parts)

plus 1st 1,000km service = total of 7 services

$260 x 4 (1k, 20k, 40k & 60k) = approximately $1000

$70 x 3 (10k, 30k & 50k) = approximately $200

on top of the 7 services, there is one battery replacement, one wiper replacenent and a set of brake pads replacement at any point of time.

All these are in black & white.

One more thing, they will be moving/shifting their service centre at Ubin currently to somewhere near Ikea. They might have better facilities, wish it's like the Renault showroom/service centre.

Anyone to care to comment?

Thanks

Vincent Ang

Hi Vincent,

Biohazard would most likely NOT answer ur question on AF aftersales service here... [shakehead] In fact, i doubt any pugsforum member would.

AF will take legal actions.... [laugh] Right, Jo?

↡ Advertisement