Peugeot Forum

Phalanx

I certainly do not mind paying for the webhosting space just to get ourselves back up online. The information and resources are the keys considering the parts/accessories are so rare... wink.gif After all, it's for the love of our rides and we are all out to have fun.

SIC! Sharing Is Caring!flowerface.gif

The new web space will be available soon, time to collect money from members, please turn up at Friday kopi to make payment. Thanks [sly]

So the new Peugeot forum will be back up soon? And in order to be part of it, we must pay to keep up with the cost of hosting it online right? And i guess the way to get this money is to go for meetup at Selegie Kopi on Fridays?

I'm being a Devil's Advocate here, so i'm just sounding out my doubts:

Hmmm.... but the Peugeot community is small, i wonder how often the administrator/moderators will have to collect money from existing members to get it going. How about recruiting the new drivers/members, won't it turn them off if they log on and know they have to "pay to play"?

I've participate in many forums before, of course, some admin gets the hosting free through some means, some supports it via funding through profit sales from Club Decals or merchandise, and others have a regular "Pay $1 per month" rule. I wonder which is the best solution in the long run.

I'm sure the regular old puggies have met and discussed this, perhaps that's the best plan? I'm not sure if i'll wanna pay to play if the free-to-join CitroenChat.com administrator is willing to make a combined forum between Pugs and Citroen cars?

Thanks for your comments. we very much thought thru all the possible solutions and problems.

If you are keen.... be part of the group...just come down to the kopi session and you will understand all..hard to explain all the details here. [nod]

"I'm sure the regular old puggies have met and discussed this, perhaps that's the best plan? I'm not sure if i'll wanna pay to play if the free-to-join CitroenChat.com administrator is willing to make a combined forum between Pugs and Citroen cars?"

From this statement, does it mean you can really get things free in this world??? Free rides??? [dizzy]

From the suggestion of payment, we just want everyone's commitment and be part of the new forum and club and there is NO "BOSS" and own a share of it!!!. If we make a few fellow pay for setting up and maintenance of the forum and website..eventually it will turn out to be like the OLD forum where the owner/mod of the forum accused everyone for not been considerate and not understand his/their situation!!! we just do not want history to repeat itself. [nod]

Anyway, i know there is alot "free" forums, but there are also alot of other exclusive and membership payable car clubs in SG. We just got to see which are the ones that will exist longer.

Thanks very much for allowing us to be part of your forum.

Much appreciated. I believe there is alot of common between Citroen and Peugeot and for even Renault for that matter.

In agreement, a few in the peugeot forum has decided with the support of the rest to initiate a start of a new forum/website.

We would still very much appreciate the support of members of other car clubs and they are very welcome to the new forum.

We will probably organise a gathering/get-together with you guys once the peugeot forum is set up. Maybe a drive up to malaysia??? [nod]

Thanks for the support once again.

Neutral Newbie

hi guys,

being one of the very early pug forum participant, and just fading off from the activities because of other commitment, its quite sad to see the state of affairs...

i think everyone has his/her side of the story and having known so many of the ppl around, i'll try not to take sides...

in an online forum, how u type a message versus how a person read a message are different. u intend to mean something doesn't mean someone else read it with the same intention.

that's why despite being one of the early active participants, i never really had much interest in running or moderating the forum.

good to see that at least the spirit of the forum survive. if u all want to dig up some of the old technical postings and stuffs, try to search it in google (check on 'archieve'), most of the search engines keep an archieve of articles and stuffs and you can retrieve them even with the original site gone. But you have to have more specific search criteria in order to dig out those informative stuffs you have written.

diff ppl have diff nature. even though i was one of the earliest member here, and i know the webmaster here quite well, my interest has never been in cars and end of the day i can only contribute what i can contribute... so better to just keep quiet.

have fun.

anyone keen to rent or buy an old 206A can give me a message as well...

i'm going o/seas soon.

Neutral Newbie

Yo Xxer,

sad to hear that PUGS is down... had been a short while in there but well hope to catch up with the rest of the French cars around :)

Neutral Newbie

Yeah! Kinda sad to drop such a good forum.

I even attended some of their kopi sessions friday nites at the Rex kopitiam. They are very united and frenly. Even join them at some of the night roundings too.

Saw some pugs at ECP carpark B1 yesterday afternoon. Looks like the forum has gone by their spirit still flying high! thumbsup.gif

[reply]

Saw some pugs at ECP carpark B1 yesterday afternoon. Looks like the forum has gone by their spirit still flying high! thumbsup.gif

Those PUGS belongs to some of the regular guys from the ex-PUGS forum. Yes, they are very united. I just joined them recently and find them a lovely and healthy bunch. The beginning was a bit hard but I felt comfortable right away after the third meetup with them. I now, enjoys being invited to their weekly makan, skating/cycling and kopi/PUB sessions. (they also have soccer session together... how great is this...)

They don't just meet up to talk about PUGS/cars, but anything under the sun... there are courting couples, married couples and singles... a good mixture of males and females...

I believe, anyone keen to know more about PUGS/cars can just join them. They are extremely friendly and will welcome all of you with open arms.

Vincent Ang

Edited by Vincentacy

Neutral Newbie

.... and my 206 ABBES bumper is still up for grabs!! $700, with free GTi foglamps and switch! :) Interested 206ers, just send me a Private Message!

Neutral Newbie

No offence to the Pugeot owners but saw this dustbin in Israel & couldn't resist taking a snap of it.Look familiar? Didn't get the chance to ask my guide what the emblem stands for though. [:)]

post-3-1133790327_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement