Don't know what to get for Rims & Tyre

Tok_Kong

Hi Foxbat8,

Your stock rims is it the steel rims with 4 wheel cover or the alloy rim?

Cheers

T_K

Try Leong Seng at UBI. Got my 15" RM rims(Taiwan) wif Yoko Aspec DB for $700. Traded in my six mths old stock rims/tyres!! Tyres are quiet and went up to 145 km/hr wif no problem whatsoever.

cheers [cool]

Neutral Newbie

Unfortunately I got problem of washing this kind of rims, my late renault coupe used TSW 17"-Imola and really gave me hard time to wash it. Ah any comment on TSW pdt. everyone.

post-7-1014649162_thumb.jpg

TSWs are US brand and some commented that they are quite soft and bend easily. They do look damn good though! [;)]

Nearly got a set of TSW Hockkenheims for my brick..... [sly]

Wow!! 16" rim with tyres for $800!! Could u give me the shop name? Btw, alot of pple says changing to a bigger rim and tyres increases drag quite alot, is it really that bad? I'm running with the standard 14" 185/65/R14 tyres... but mine needs 5 nuts rim.

Neutral Newbie

wow lao, 16" for $850??!!! what tyres/rims are those and where is this place??!! i really need to know, going to up mine to 16" also!

I changed mine from 14 to 15 (5 nut as well coz it's standard for Corona).

No major diff in pickup nor did I suffer from higher petrol consumption. However, Pickup seems a little better but I think that's partly because the tyres have a better grip. I changed from Michelins MXV3A to S02.

The tyre shop is at Jalan Jurong Kechil next to the Shell station. Shop name is something like Lian xxxxx with Falken, Conti signboard.

His opening prices may not be cheap but definitely very bargainable but you must "on" immediately. If you go back tomorrow, another price.

I go to Tong Hin & Co at Blk 119 Bukit Merah Lane 1 for my tyres and batteries. Owner of shop in biz for more than 30 yrs and very experience and knowledgeable. Service is super fast and prices competitive. Open everyday incl Sundays and PHs. Sundays and PHs close a bit earlier at 3 pm

The tyre shop is at Jalan Jurong Kechil next to the Shell station. Shop name is something like Lian xxxxx with Falken, Conti signboard.

His opening prices may not be cheap but definitely very bargainable but you must "on" immediately. If you go back tomorrow, another price.

I am there to Buy their products and service , is not there to fight a Psychological war.

I have been going to this shop at Blk 119, Bukit Merah Lane 1 to have my rims, tyres  and batteries changed/serviced.

Their prices are reasonable and service is fast. More importantly, the owner of the business, Mr Benjamin Ng has been in this business for more than 40 years hence he can give very good advice with regard to size, model of tyres/batteries/rims that suit your car and lifestyle. He also gives me good advice how to maintain my car. Friendly and efficient.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1