Wheel alignment

Fabiaman

Is Stamford the best place to do wheel balancing and alignments?

No comments on that, but I did not do any alignment job there so far.

I thought most tyre shops shld offer the same kind of service?

No true. Some are good others are the opposite

Incl JB? Ratonale being that they are all computerised and thus... shldnt make any difference until the machine used is cxxk up one?

Theory yes, but practical is different. The problems is that there is still the human elements in all this and thus the experience of the man doing the job counts.

↡ Advertisement

Whenever the front suspension is disturbed, wheel alignment check is necessary. Chances are that the reading are out and need adjustments.

Wheel balancing should be done on all four tyres for best results. If the front tyre is found worn or uneven wearing, should rotate the rear pair to the front if possible unless the rear is equally bad.

The front tyre is important because if affect steering and control of the car. Whatever it is the front tyre should be the better ones if replacement is not the solution.

After driving for sometimes, alignment will be slightly out from the original setting, if left unattended, tyre will wear unevenly and by that time is slightly too late. Tyres rotation is also important because as the front tyres wear due to hardwork of gripping, steering and stopping, it will wear in a certain pattern, rotation ensure even wear for all four tyres.

How do i know whether is my wheel alignment is out? I've never done anything like that since i started driving in 1998.... So for my car now... how do i tell that i need to do a wheel balancing?

Neutral Newbie

Wheel alignmnt is out can be detected by if you put your steering wheel straight and it goes terribly left or right.

WHeel balancing can be detected at high speed, you feel that it is quite bumpy or uncomfotable. But yours is not sport rim, cannot be fixed.. I think

[gossip]

How do i know whether is my wheel alignment is out?

Slight alignment out does not show easily. By the time you realise it, alignment would have been bad. Tyre wear is one indication. Steering wheel veering abrutly to either side another. As a guide wheel alignment recommended to be check between 16 -24 months .

I've never done anything like that since i started driving in 1998.... So for my car now... how do i tell that i need to do a wheel balancing?

If you front wheel balancing is out, steering vibration will be felt at certain speed. If you do wheel balancing recommended to do on all four wheels. Recommended to do wheel balancing annually.

Neutral Newbie

Friend.. don't any how spent money.. unless you decide to keep the car or not.

If you do decide to keep your car.. I am offering you free service to soundproof your entire car. (you need to purchase the material). I am dying to rape your car !!!

[jawdrop]

Can do partial sound proofing or not.... not full one lah.... just to keep out some noise... if can spend less than $100 to do up... then quite ok....

Neutral Newbie

You better be sure whether you want to sell away the car first or not

you can use AeroForm without accumat.

I don't know.... really depend on the market... then..... but if can spend abit of $$ to do sound proofing... good enough liao...

Neutral Newbie

my experience of computerized alignment is this:

1) set up the reflectors on the wheels

2) get the correct database for your car

3) run the programs

4) see the readings

5) adjust something of the linkages under the car

6) the end

I smell something wrong with this, they do not run the program again to verify that what they had done gets the alignment back into spec. but they always say good that u came 2 themcoz it is mis-aligned........

fishy. how can they confirm that they adjusted correctly wo confirmation of taking the readings again?

Hey bros and sis.

need advice badly. i understand that badly align wheels will "drift" to either left or right. but for my condition i drift to both side sometime left sometime right. the car can never be straight. like eat snake later people think i drink driving. Hv just changed my normal streeing settings to "euro setting" Is this got to do w alightment?

(edited)

my experience of computerized alignment is this:

1) set up the reflectors on the wheels

2) get the correct database for your car

3) run the programs

4) see the readings

* Position steering wheel straight & lock it with mechanism*

5) adjust something of the linkages under the car

6) the end

I smell something wrong with this, they do not run the program again to verify that what they had done gets the alignment back into spec. but they always say good that u came 2 themcoz it is mis-aligned........

fishy. how can they confirm that they adjusted correctly wo confirmation of taking the readings again?

Just sharing some add on (In above bold text) .

Which mostly some technician miss it..... todate, only experienced 1 good wheel technician whom dont lock steering while adjusting.

But, alignment is perfect..!

Edited by Newcar

Where did u do it? In Sg or My.

Many years ago, like many here, JB is my place to svc car.

Some of them dont have updated car model software for wheel alignment-- so they tamba any close to it model lah.

although alignment was done, but still feel something is not right.. Like being shortchanged. pay for technology but get traditional svc.

Most of them like to install adjustable camber nut at front shocks. If kena bumps alignment also KO easily.

(edited)

Mine was done in perling on last sat.

Has been there for past 1 yr through a friend recommendatin...!

But, sad to say that the tires technician had left his job there on 31th May as he need to move to PuChong, KL area...!

Emm...! Hard for me to search for another good tires technician...! :wacko:

Edited by Newcar
↡ Advertisement