Floor accel inside car smell slight rubber burning...

Hondacrv

I wonder if anyone has encounter this b4.. Floor accel and inside the car can smell abit of rubber burning.. [confused]

car insulation or air-con insulation no gd?

tyre burning smell?

brake-pad wearing off hence giving off smell?

[confused][confused][confused]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hondacrv, cute avatar [laugh][laugh] I had burning smell before and my accelerator let off a funny sound...soon after my car stalled ...no water [blush] car heated up...

Edited by Toybabe

it is normal lah, usually what your are smelling is clutch burning smell getting thru

Clutch burning!? Is it bad for the clutch? Meaning will need to change clutch disc soon loh like that? I got this smell when I travelled up north last week. [:(]

Neutral Newbie

dun burn it too often lah.....not good. you are burnung the clutch and in no time you gonna change it man......whats surprising is up north you burn.....super drag si boh

S2P2

I am actually quite newbie to car parts and stuffs. I went in with my friends and following his car at 140-160km/h. Then at a certain point, I will smell something funny in the car and wind down the window to smell if it was from outside. As expected, it don't seem to be from outside. I actually panic thinking that it might be the engine or such, but it went away after few minutes time. I didn't know what happened until now it was mentioned in the forum. Do you think I need to send my car to workshop for clutch plate checking?

Hope all the bros could give your comments, as I am kind of new in this area.

Neutral Newbie

my personal thoughts.....

it should be ok....can wait till you experience clutch slip then go and change....when you clutch gone, slip is the first symptoms, your clutch pedal is higher, you loses power.......if you dun feel these, still ok lor

S2P2

Thanks for your quick response.

Is it normal to have this kind of thing happen when travelling at that speed? Is there anyway to prevent this from happening? (Beside "don't go at that speed")

She's just 1 yr old, felt a bit heart pain to know that it's the clutch that was burning. [:(] How much will it cost roughly to replace clutch?

Neutral Newbie

if you are not into hard driving, the clutch can last you a long long time....frankly, i have never had cltuch burn on NSH.....

I wonder if anyone has encounter this b4.. Floor accel and inside the car can smell abit of rubber burning.. confused.gif

Actually this just happened to me over last Sunday. Wanted to push as much as possible b4 the ECU limits the speed. I mananged to hit 180 Km/h with 5 big sized adults over the scond link. Had the smell and my dad told me it's the tyres as it was like 33 Deg at 3 pm. Super hot sun. He's an ex-BMW cop (he know's a thing or two abt high speed driving) and mentioned that if the engine is not heating up (lack of engine oil or water) , the tyre exerts a lot of pressure during high speeds. My added full load also contributed to this. Have actually done this a few times before and not always with full load and not always with the smell. But i could be wrong. But when it's a cooler day, i dun get that smell.

I mananged to hit 180 Km/h with 5 big sized adults over the scond link.

im alone and my rpm only reads 4000 towards 80km/h and the smell came..

engine not heating up since the temp meter was well maintained at the normal reading..

But when it's a cooler day, i dun get that smell.

had this smell at night, hence shouldn't be due to hot weather..

thanks for sharing ur encounter.. thumbsup.gif

↡ Advertisement