Thinner/Petrol smell from aircon vents.

Noname

Neutral Newbie

Help guys,

I just got a 96 Civic VTI today. Problem is that there is a smell coming out from the vent if the circulation is switched to external. Smells like thinner or petrol.....What could be the fault. I will be bringing the car to my mech tomorrow just to be safe.

And are there shops that sell Honda rims which ppl trade in cos I'm looking for one.

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

Not a major problem. I suspect your car air circulation is open to outside air coming from the engine bay. Look carfully at the air-con panel, there must be a ducting/valve to allow fresh outside air to enter. Just simply turn it off !!

Neutral Newbie

Kekeke thanks.....I know but even if I open it, I still dun think it should have that smell. In any case will be bringing the car to my mech tomorrow, today very busy with schoolwork [:(]

Neutral Newbie

Thanks guys for your concern [thumbsup]. Anyway after sending the car for the tuff kote air con thingy....the smell is gone.

Help guys,

I just got a 96 Civic VTI today. Problem is that there is a smell coming out from the vent if the circulation is switched to external. Smells like thinner or petrol.....What could be the fault. I will be bringing the car to my mech tomorrow just to be safe.

And are there shops that sell Honda rims which ppl trade in cos I'm looking for one.

Thanks.

Have you done anything to your fuel line lately or install anything like Boquet etc ??

Changed your fuel filter lately etc....

Sounds like you have a minor leak somewhere. Wash your fuel filter with soap (external) and the hoses...and see if you spot any leaks.

↡ Advertisement