Hyundai Matrix :Reliability ??

Maz75

Any idea if there will be a facrlift or new model?

My friend is interested in the Matrix but hasn't have time to check it out in the car

showroom. Any idea if the specs of the 1.6A has changes since 2004?

I also spotted quite a few new Hyundai with a single protruding rod (dia. about 10mm and 15mm long) on the right buttom of the reg number-plate. What's that for?

Thanks

My 41 months Matrix 1.6 Auto travelled 65,000 km & broke the Power steering drive belt.

Was repaired & since working smoothly. Some Road & tyre noise intrude into cabin. FC average 9.5 to 10km per litres with careful Driver like me. Travelled at 140KM per hour thru NS Hi Way at very steady & comfortable ride. So far so good & timing belt changed at 70,000km as recommended. Biggest bonus is the Extra space in Cabin that accomodate 5 fatty & the high seat position of Driver. Next maybe Disc Brake pad change due in at about 90,000KM. If U don't the FC & a Korean brand, this is good value for Size & relaibility. Hope this give sufficient insight of Matrix. Good Luck.

Newsman

I have been driving hyundai matrix for last seven years. it has not given me a single problem. I dont work for Hyundai or have any interests in it, this is just my honest experience. however, the pickup is not fantastic compared to other cars. other than that, my matrix has been faithful and reliable.

I have been driving hyundai matrix for last seven years. it has not given me a single problem. I dont work for Hyundai or have any interests in it, this is just my honest experience. however, the pickup is not fantastic compared to other cars. other than that, my matrix has been faithful and reliable.

I heard the only bad thing about matrix is the FC is very bad, other then that the car overall still ok.

the matrix is no longer in production.even if buy 2nd hand ones, also not cheap

Stop production? I think sg stop bringing them in.

They already have new facelift for it.

I heard the only bad thing about matrix is the FC is very bad, other then that the car overall still ok.

the 1.8 matrix has better FC than the 1.6.

worst car ever, bad fc and spare part as well as low quality

Matrix so bad? But during that period, Matrix is such a popular car. [:p]

Neutral Newbie

My father in law bought his matrix, 1.6L manual in 2005 and is still driving it. Till now, there has been no major issue with the car except for some wear and tear replacement. All i can say that it is a very hardy and reliable. Very easy and cheap to maintain car. Parts is cheap and readily available in Malaysia. There are still few Matrix at my neighbourhood mscp. My FIL is very happy with the car. Once, i asked him to change to new car, he told me, nowadays, new car use 3 to 4 years uplorry liao, what for.

My father in law bought his matrix, 1.6L manual in 2005 and is still driving it. Till now, there has been no major issue with the car except for some wear and tear replacement. All i can say that it is a very hardy and reliable. Very easy and cheap to maintain car. Parts is cheap and readily available in Malaysia. There are still few Matrix at my neighbourhood mscp. My FIL is very happy with the car. Once, i asked him to change to new car, he told me, nowadays, new car use 3 to 4 years uplorry liao, what for.

Which is why people here will change car before the car reached 4 years old. :D

Drove one before when i just got licence. Felt like i was seating on top of a picnic basket. [:p]

Why would you sit on top of a picnic basket? You are suppose to sit inside. :blink:

↡ Advertisement