New Renault Scenic

DarkLord

??? Scenic = Magane II mehz? I saw both at the Renault fair at Suntec... I like the interior of the sedan sia... The gear stick machiam like civic's...

Neutral Newbie
??? Scenic = Magane II mehz? I saw both at the Renault fair at Suntec... I like the interior of the sedan sia... The gear stick machiam like civic's...

With Renault's current corporate face...all models look the same to me.

So I'd equate the Megane as the sedan brother of the Scenic.

Probably same platform too.

Wonder got sedan version or not...

Scenic is a MPV - Multi-Purpose Vehicle. No doubt it cannot carry 7 people, but the seats can be organised for other purposes other than carry people. So no sedan version is available.

The great thing about the current Megane chassis is that it allows for numerous wheelbase lengths to be incoporated for each variant. For example, the hatch, sedan, Scenic, Grand Scenic and coupe/convertible have all different wheelbases, with as much as 70mm variation between them. All of which makes for lots of flexibility when it comes to design and individuality.

Had a look at the Grand Scenic the other day at the Ubi showrrom. Pity, there wasn't a test car available, but the SE will call me as soon as that's sorted [sly] I thought the sedan had toys, but... boy! A drivers door handle that's a sunglass holder; integrated interior child mirror; individual third row seats that are a one-step cinch to fold and unfold; double tumble and removable 2nd row...

Unfortunately the 2.0 7 seater costs $108,888, which is $13,000 more than a 2 litre Stream, which has a better engine, and is immediately available (you have to wait a long long time for the new stocks of the Grand Scenic. Fow the moment I'd rather go with the Honda.

Neutral Newbie

...got.... the Renault Megane sedan ......the Scenic is a compact MPV derivative of the Megane hatch ......

Hi there,

1. A year 2001 black Focus was going at $61,800 at Car Times and I now realized that my friend's offer is really a steal. According to Car Times fellow, they have 5 Focus on display and only one left on that Sunday afternoon. They told me Focus is a very popular conti car in the resales market especially for 2-3 years old one.

2. However, I'm also pretty keen in Scenic 1.6A but they don't have one there. According to the SE, not many Singaporean know how to appreciate Scenic and the resales value is poor and is equal to that of Daewoo Vivant. So for a year 2002 Scenic, it would be 50K+.

3. What do you think of a year 2002 Scenic at 50K+? Is it worth getting since its full of gadgets and has 6 airbags?

Regards,

Well I guess it depends again on what you'll be using the car for, and how you'll drive it. Do you forsee making good use of the Scenic's flexibility? Otherwise, you might as well stick with a 'normal' sedan with the same number of seats. And frankly, your friend's Focus deal seems too good to pass up, unless it's been involved in some accidents.

Well I guess it depends again on what you'll be using the car for, and how you'll drive it. Do you forsee making good use of the Scenic's flexibility? Otherwise, you might as well stick with a 'normal' sedan with the same number of seats. And frankly, your friend's Focus deal seems too good to pass up, unless it's been involved in some accidents.

1. I was telling Acemundo on the other thread that the wife sorta prefer a more family oriented car whereas my preference is on a sedan. MPV car doesn't look good when bringing clients around too. Anyway, I'm leaving an option open to keep my wife satisfied.

2. I doubt it has been involved in an accident. We sorta of meetup every now and then and we've been friends for the last 20 years. Can trust lah. Right now I can only admire his new Audi.

Regards,

Oh, is that why he's selling the Focus? Then I'd really jump at it! And anyway the Focus is a pretty family-ish car, pretty spacious, big boot, sloooow... [laugh]

↡ Advertisement