• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
17 replies to this topic | 10 praises

Posted 03 May 2004 - 10:24 PM

Cybertech
  • Cybertech
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Any good products for keeping the windscreen glass clean and clear and remove those
oily layer. Used Rain-x before, result is good but cause wiper to shudder. And Autoglym
Glass cleaner, heard will left those small blue residue particules after effect. Any
good recommendation here?

Posted 03 May 2004 - 10:26 PM

Protege
  • Premium member
    Protege
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Bro, my suggestion to you is not to touch the windscreen. If not you will be in trouble when it start to judder. Anyway if you really want, just use your usual dishwashing cleaning liquid like Mama Lemon. By the way, if you are facing a juddering problem, let me know as I got lobang to solve it.

Cheers!!

Posted 03 May 2004 - 10:32 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

u can try the foamy 3M glass cleaner. v.good.

Posted 03 May 2004 - 11:39 PM

Cheekg99
  • Cheekg99
    Banned

My friend just use newspaper to wipe ... smile.gif smile.gif

Posted 04 May 2004 - 06:44 PM

Unknown_G7
  • Unknown_G7
    Banned

Me too tongue.gif

Posted 05 May 2004 - 08:26 AM

Tea3
  • Tea3
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Are you referring to the inside or outside? I use mama lemon & newspaper to clean the inside but still got an oily layer. I used Autoglym but what you said is true - small powdery residue. Flakes off from windscreen that drop onto the dashboard.
Expectation too high?

Posted 05 May 2004 - 01:19 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i combine the 3M cleaner wif newspaper. dem effective.

Posted 10 May 2004 - 02:13 PM

Leonknapp
  • Premium member
    Leonknapp
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Any good products for keeping the windscreen glass clean and clear and remove those
oily layer. Used Rain-x before, result is good but cause wiper to shudder. And Autoglym
Glass cleaner, heard will left those small blue residue particules after effect. Any
good recommendation here?

Use a claybar. no mess and its prob the most effective cleaner for the windscreen!!

Posted 10 May 2004 - 06:07 PM

Ic3ncok3
  • Ic3ncok3
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

i use the autoglym glass polish.......seems to work well, no shudder and u dun get much water makrs after rain also.......havent tried the glass cleaner yet tho so dunno how it compares........

Posted 10 May 2004 - 06:24 PM

Spaceman
  • Spaceman
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

i've got juddering problem on my ride, so what's the secret formula????
Mars here I come!!!

Posted 11 May 2004 - 09:43 PM

Michel
  • Michel
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hi there,

I am only washing my ride with shampoo and not even waxing it and the juddering is not even surfacing. That's something for you to ponder over.

Cheers.

Posted 14 May 2004 - 08:59 AM

AngelEye
  • AngelEye
    6th Gear
    Author Image

kiwi glass cleaner and newspaper..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once a Missy, Always a Missy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted 15 May 2004 - 03:52 PM

Discoburg
  • Discoburg
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Thats what i am using too and its the best.

Posted 22 May 2004 - 12:12 PM

Epson
  • Epson
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

yoz bro, i'm facing jubbering problem after using that power Rain-x..
how to stop the jubbering huh?

pls help wor~ thanks

Posted 22 May 2004 - 12:40 PM

Slayer
  • Slayer
    5th Gear
    Author Image

yoz bro, i'm facing jubbering problem after using that power Rain-x..
how to stop the jubbering huh?

pls help wor~ thanks

with rain-x , .. intermitent wipe is good enough.
u'd need to experiement with different dosage of rain-x as u apply on your windscreen.

start with small amount ..

Posted 23 December 2017 - 09:43 AM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    Supercharged
    Author Image

ok, so rain-x leaves a film on the glass after extended period of time.

so anyone used anything good so far to repel water of the glass surfaces ?

I don't mind my car body dirty ... but I just want to ensure that visibility is as good as possible during rainy weather.

Posted 26 December 2017 - 03:48 PM

able712
  • able712
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I've used Glaco ultra and it make the wiper judder too...

dcb praised this

Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:26 PM

dcb
  • Premium member
    dcb
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Ceramic coating

ok, so rain-x leaves a film on the glass after extended period of time.

so anyone used anything good so far to repel water of the glass surfaces ?

I don't mind my car body dirty ... but I just want to ensure that visibility is as good as possible during rainy weather.

Newbie26 praised this
Hyundai Accent 2003, Honda GD1 Jazz 2004, Honda GE6 FIT 2008, Volkswagen Polo 6R 2012, Mazda 2 DJ Deluxe 2015............

Back to Detailing  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users