Hi brothers, anyone has comments on KIA Cerato

Les1971

Ya, Spectra is a 1.6 litre car. Mine is Manual and fuel consumption is around 11km/litre, it is normal and ok for such FC as my Spectra is very heavy in weight, about 1.3 tonnes!

isnt 11 km/l abit on the high side for a manual car?

is Korean car high fuel consumption due to poor engine tuning or is there any other factor ?

my fren who used to have a hyundai accent (yr 2000)1.5 manual could only return abt 11 to 12 km/l which is same as his current civic (2003) auto model.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

no la, my Hyundai Accent manual (Oct 2000) can achieve a FC of 13.5 km/l. Current using BP 7000 engine oil.

Edited by Les1971

Your Accent is using the SOHC engine. Fantastic low end torque for city driving. Explains why you get so good FC figures. Arah with his Kalos is using a 1.5L SOHC engine. He gets 14km/L with mousey driving.

SOHC engines are more frugal.

Neutral Newbie

I don't think it is on the high side cos the body weight is very heavy and at least I got better mileage compared to my Aunt's Nissan Sunny Ex Saloon 1500cc, she only gets 300 plus for 38 litres of petrol which is less than 10km/litre or equivalent. But must remember that her sunny not as heavy as my Spectra and her car is only 1500cc and mine is 1600cc.

test drove cerato yesterday, here's my contribution.

Nice exterior design

Spacious interior

Lack of power

Noisy ride

Handling is ok

Better quality than other KIA's model but inconsistent panel gap still can be seen

Very uncomfortable with the absent of ABS.

Neutral Newbie

good to have a test-drive review...

maybe get more reviews then can see general feel of the car...

no ABS... think we only feel it when we brake very hard???

maybe I go for test drive this weekend too....

Neutral Newbie

I don't think the car lack of power as you can feel significantly from moving off if you test the manual version, you can feel the car very light but it is not.

And of course you must not compared this to other makes like Honda or Ford Focus as the engine are differently designed!

Anyway, the new issue of Wheels magazine have the full review of the Cerato as they tested out the car in Korea instead of Singapore.thumbsup.gif

Neutral Newbie

But sometimes when your car equips with ABS, you will tends to have the tendency to rely on the ABS in a situation of accident but you just don't know when will it work or whether it is servicable as you have to maintain all these safety gadgets like airbag and ABS as the time goes by.

Neutral Newbie

for cerato, manual will have better performance compared to auto?

read about its review in one.motoring and found that it may need more rooms to overtake due to lack of power...

have you test drive the car?

Neutral Newbie

I only test drive the manual verison and not the auto version. I just read the reviews on the Wheels Magazine as they test out the car in Korea.

"Auto transmission features 'adaptive' electronic wizardry that matches the transmission's characteristics to suit various driving styles.

Although shifting is rather rough in the early learning stages while the transmission is receiving and assimilating information about the driver's throttling habits, it becomes markedly smoother once the learning has finished. Kickdown response is excellent and this is elicited on anything more than two-thirds throttle. The engine remains largely non-fussed across the rev band, with only the slight straining heard when redline is approached."

But sometimes when your car equips with ABS, you will tends to have the tendency to rely on the ABS in a situation of accident but you just don't know when will it work or whether it is servicable as you have to maintain all these safety gadgets like airbag and ABS as the time goes

I agree with you. I have heard before that ABS sensor do get faulty. And the worst part is we dunno when it will fail

Neutral Newbie

My friend's Mazda 323 which is less than 3 years, he just knock onto those plastic cone when he is travelling along expressway, there is road works/cutting of trees on the side of the expressway so his turning not so accurate, he kanna the cone and guess what?

His Mazda 323 air bag was activated...luckily it does not injured him as his driving style is relaxed type so he sat very far back but he has to spend $1000+ to put the airbag for nothing!

Do you think it is worth to spend that $1000+?

Oh yes, i had heard of that before. Seems like the sensor is too sensitive and give false alarm. If u have 2 or even 4 airbags, is'nt that worse?

Neutral Newbie

Sat might be alright after all... Confirm timing with me again bro?

eddie

↡ Advertisement