Hi brothers, anyone has comments on KIA Cerato

Les1971

Neutral Newbie

So you all going tomorrow huh...remember to go to the one in Leng Kee instead of Ubi huh?

You all going in the afternoon or morning? Maybe I can join you all again cos I not working tomorrow...Hee Hee laugh.gif

↡ Advertisement

Today's ST papers has published a review of the cerato.Overall seems good except the noise level is higher when compared to Jap car.Wonder if those who test drive it had noticed?

onemotoring.com.sg has a review too,check it out bros.

Neutral Newbie

For sound proofing, Cerato has not issue with that as they did focus a lot on sound proofing the car everywhere, this similiar sound proofing effort can be seen in other models like Spectra and Picanto and of course not forgetting the Cerato.

Those who find it noisy, the sound is from the engine as the Elantra engine used is much more rough compared to the one used in Spectra which is more finer and smoother. I know most of you heard the sound is like those piston pumping type of sound as I heard that too!

Whole car effort is not bad but just that because of using the Hyundai engine instead of Kia's engine which spoilt the whole show but there is pros for doing so, engine seems more responsive and powerful just like the new series of Trajet which is using the new Hyundai engine.

Neutral Newbie

so sad,brudder.....'Captain Darkie' din call me leh....i whole afternoon sitting beside my phone. think maybe he's not in s'pore...flying somewhere in this region. or maybe last min he gota accompany his Chief Stewardess(also known as GerGer...) [laugh][laugh][laugh] or Last Minute got to attend relative wedding in JB....or blah blah blah...... [:(][:p][:/][:|][rolleyes]

Checked out autozine juz now,well,seems like foreign country reviewed it as "no one piece good" [shakehead] Well by looking at the cars featured in autozine,those rated "good"one are usually way out of my budget and I somehow feel that(IMO) their standard a little on the high side. I have read abt 4 reviews (local) and felt that to what we think is still ok for usage in SG,to them(foreign) seemed "no one piece good leh".

(edited)

Idea was scrapped long ago liaoz mahz! Couldn't get the "usual" Khakis to go lehz!! tongue.gif

And please horz, no need to add fuel to the fire horz! smash.gif "Ah Ku" celebrating birthday horz!!

Edited by DarkLord

Neutral Newbie

ok. happy birthday,bro.....mmmmm, i'm going to start another thread in the Lite & off-topics. gona be interesting.....heheheeee..... [sly][laugh][laugh][:p]

Checked out autozine juz now,well,seems like foreign country reviewed it as "no one piece good" shakehead.gif Well by looking at the cars featured in autozine,those rated "good"one are usually way out of my budget and I somehow feel that(IMO) their standard a little on the high side. I have read abt 4 reviews (local) and felt that to what we think is still ok for usage in SG,to them(foreign) seemed "no one piece good leh".

Seriously... What a stupid comment! How many "pieces" of Cerato did that guy drove?? Just the steering wheel only harz?? Or he actually drove more than one Cerato to be able to make that comment? Really sia... His fame has gone to his head liaoz! shakehead.gifshakehead.gif

Neutral Newbie
Er.... Autozine is run by this guy from HK. It is an enthusiast site but also with sensibilities for the masses.

Sensibilities for the masses? Perhaps not.

AutoZine's Mark Wan has displayed a clear bias towards cars with "sporty" characteristics, and has shown a disdain towards SUVs. But the masses clearly do not share his views, if the "boring" Corolla's strong worldwide sales figures and the growing popularity of SUVs are to be used as a gauge.

Every reviewer will have his or her personal preferences. Mark Wan may not like the Cerato, but that doesn't mean the car won't appeal to other car buyers out there.

But sometimes when your car equips with ABS, you will tends to have the tendency to rely on the ABS in a situation of accident but you just don't know when will it work or whether it is servicable as you have to maintain all these safety gadgets like airbag and ABS as the time goes by.

================================================================================

=============

Huh????? [confused][confused][confused][confused]

My car is equipped with brakes and I rely on it all the time. I hope it does not fail, that's why I maintain it as time goes by.

It too has a steering wheel that I use to navigate all the time. I hope it does not fail, as I don't service it as time goes by.

It came with four wheels. As time goes by I give it a nice service by cleaning it. And I hope they don't fall off, any time.

[laugh][laugh]

I know he has this biase but I always look out for the words "budget", "run of the mill" and "Point-to-point". SUVs yes, they are an eyesore. Neither here nor there. At least Lester's got a real 4X4.

Now have another concern regarding the rear drum brake.I knew that most or almost all Jap

model use disc brake on rear wheel,as for cerato, they are using drum brake and I think this is one of the factor which brings down the car price.My question is,will rear drum brake affect the braking efficiency and thus compromising safety,especially for a heavy car?

↡ Advertisement