Toyota(Borneo Motors) SE not service conscious?

Reun

Neutral Newbie

Greetings to all here at MCF!

I frequent quite a number of local car forums and not one of them lack a anti-toyota SE thread.

Just sharing my experience with them with you guys... which was surprizingly very very different from the things I hear:

The moment I step in(UBI), the SEs tries to make eye contact and trying to move in liao... I had to look away and quickly walk away to avoid being pestered... Just wanted to look at the cars 1st. In contary to what most people would complain about having problems just to get a SE's attention. It was a Sunday too.

Alas was served by a very nice gentlemen that was very courteous, polite and helpful. Very humble with his words too. Threw in nice discounts and offers too.

No checkbook or dress code prejudices.

Do not know if this improvement of service is due to public feedbacks or really I was just plain lucky to get a good SE but I hope you guys do not condem the cars just because of some snobbish SE.

In case you people are wondering... I'm below 25 and I wear tshirt and jeans.

Cheers!

↡ Advertisement

Hello there!! Welcome to MCF and hope you enjoy yourself!! thumbsup.gif

Did you book a car?? If so, what is it?? Good to hear something positive about BM SEs for once. How about telling us the name of the SE that attended to you?

Neutral Newbie

Nice to hear about better service! Hopefully he's not a freshie there who'll change his attitude in a few months' time! =)

eddie

Neutral Newbie

Wait till you sign on the dot. all the bad after sale service will baug you to death. Also wif camry made in thai, almost all BM cars in SG is thai made and no longer value or reliable as before when compare to its low OMV. Altis Fc is pathethic average 12km/l and there is a few new altis breakdown on the roads liao which need towing. VIOS may be only car worth buying from BM.

Also i believe

toyota sales have drop abit plus you may be entertained by a new sales that why of such service.

Neutral Newbie

Good sales = bad attitude!thumbsdown.giffurious.gif

Not so good sales = not so bad attitudenod.gif

Bad sales = good attitudethumbsup.gif

The sunny sunny.gif days for them are over, yup!

Either serve well or customers take their money somewhere else.

Neutral Newbie

BM SEs are known for bad attitude (of course there are some exceptions)...

Currently, new cars are doing well. Even especially for Toyotas.

Situation will change along the way. Not everyday is a Sunday.

One day, when new car price becomes stagnant and spore population is limited...that's it man!

Then, used car dealers will be back in business!

I feel for the recent 2 over years of new cars sales booming have taught those

"ah beng" used cars sales a very good lesson!

Really hope they will learn from it.

we all enccounter quite a big group of new car sales being very bad in attitude.

Their days will arrive...

Sowing to reap....

Neutral Newbie

Actually, felt that authorities should set up a official body to govern and regulate car sales, especially the service level and transparency in it.

There should be certain minimal standards that the industry should possess and maintain.

Besides service level of SEs from agent itself. I believe a lot people experience some negativity towards some PIs.

Entry level of the business should be raised to prevent "hit and run" merchant and to protect those genuine businesses striving hard to survive in the competitive market!

One area defintely worth looking into will be the after sales support as in warranty for PIs cars.

Just a thought!

(edited)

It is a well know fact that most car manufaturers are using Thailand as thier assembling hub for most of Asia Pacific marketplace. Indonesia, Philippines and Malaysia lost out in the race to be a car assembling hub.Thailand has fast learning and hard working assemble line workers ,has a good numbers of supporting industries and also a fastest growing domestic markets for vehicles.Do not be suprise if you find the electrical harness comes from Indonesia/Batam , alloy rims from Malaysia, Computerised controll modules and oweners hand books from Singapore etc.

Edited by Yeobh

Neutral Newbie

End of last year, I went to BM Leng Kee on a week day

and nobody seemed to have seen me even though my children

and I were sitting in their show cars. After 30 minutes left the place.

One month later went to Ubi and this time I was served quite promptly

by a nice lady. Quite polite but not very knowlegeable. Test drove the 1.6

Corolla. It was OK but nothing too great. Ask for trade in price and was given

a quite unattractive price so no reason for me to buy their car.

Tested another 5-6 different cars and finally settled for the Civic VTI.

The trade in car price was $3K more from KM compared to BM.

Although new cars are selling well but not every car sales person is

doing equally well. A lesson I learnt from my car salesman friend long

ago is to find one who is desperate to do your business (most likely

he has not met his sales quota for the month) and so will be more flexible

with many things. This applies to any car company not just BM.

(edited)

Good Service? Do you mean Lexus showroom [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Before I brought my Lancer, I was also looking at Toyota, SE give quite bad service and attitude, and when I trade in my existing ride, fully paid up with no loan, they wanted to charge me $500 to dispose it. i.e. paying me the scrap value minus $500.

And when I told the SE I need to consider because I drove my existing ride for less than 2 yrs and I will lose $20,000. She replied me, I suggest you can't bear with the losses, drive your existing car tilll 10 yrs lor... don't think of buying new car. damm scarcastic [rifle][rifle][rifle]

Plus BM will take your existing car 1-2 weeks before to go and scrap it to register your new car. meaning you are without a car for the 1-2 week. Not to mention the long waiting time.

In the end gotten a Lancer with much better service and don't even need to minus off the $500. Plus drive to the very last day 1-1 swap with new car. [thumbsup]

Edited by Lufu

Neutral Newbie

I too have bad experience with BM. SE dnt even bother to serve. They look as "if u r confirm to buy, then come to me" type.. never even bother .. never have heard of good service comment from them b4 [:(]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

hehe, maybe he (Reun) is himself the ubi bm sales person...u know, dual personality kind of thingy... [laugh][laugh] kidding

Edited by Kardachia

Greetings to all here at MCF!

I frequent quite a number of local car forums and not one of them lack a anti-toyota SE thread.

Just sharing my experience with them with you guys... which was surprizingly very very different from the things I hear:

The moment I step in(UBI), the SEs tries to make eye contact and trying to move in liao... I had to look away and quickly walk away to avoid being pestered... Just wanted to look at the cars 1st. In contary to what most people would complain about having problems just to get a SE's attention. It was a Sunday too.

Alas was served by a very nice gentlemen that was very courteous, polite and helpful. Very humble with his words too. Threw in nice discounts and offers too.

No checkbook or dress code prejudices.

Do not know if this improvement of service is due to public feedbacks or really I was just plain lucky to get a good SE but I hope you guys do not condem the cars just because of some snobbish SE.

In case you people are wondering... I'm below 25 and I wear tshirt and jeans.

Cheers!

er...just to let you know that the Corolla Altis isn't selling that well due to fact that it's Thai assemble, so this could be one of the reasons, same goes for the New Camry, also Thai assemble sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif

Good sales = bad attitude!thumbsdown.giffurious.gif

Not so good sales = not so bad attitudenod.gif

Bad sales = good attitudethumbsup.gif

The sunny sunny.gif days for them are over, yup!

Either serve well or customers take their money somewhere else.

I couldn't agreed with you more, back in 02 when the Corolla are price low to compete with the Sunny, it was real bad service from them unimpressed.gifunimpressed.gifunimpressed.gif

Neutral Newbie

if you see the way ALTIS sales is dropping, it is really bad cos' the fall rate is exponential !

Same as Matrix ... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

I think consumers are starting to realise what is really value for money ...

Neutral Newbie

My experience with the leng kee branch.

Went there on a Sunday with the intention to get a corolla

sometime in Jan 2003.

Had a hard time trying to get some service.

Finally manage to get the attention of an SE,

was told no more time for test drive that day.

So I said no problem, come back on a weekday then.

Stupid idiot told me that prices may increase by

1 K the next day due to demand. Got me very pissed

as though I am so cheapskate as to make a decision

on the spot because of a possible 1K increase.

A good salesman would have said that if I register

an interest, I will be entitled to the same price

if I come back another day since its not my fault

that I cannot test drive.

So instead of coming back another day as planned,

I simply went to MM and got myself a Mazda the

very same day.

Its that bad, a customer who wants to buy a car

from them got put off enough to buy from elsewhere.

I have narrowed down my choices (in order of priority)

to

1)Toyota corolla 1.6

2)Mazda 323

3)Seat toledo

If the toyota makes me feel good enough, I would have

gotten it without even trying the others.

↡ Advertisement