LED tail-light bulbs

Genie47

Just got myself a pair of LED tail-light bulbs. Will see if it look good when on.

↡ Advertisement

Just got myself a pair of LED tail-light bulbs. Will see if it look good when on.

G47- My packaged for the LED brake/tail x4, Signal x2, Reverse x2, high stop lamp x5 and cabin courtesy x1 have arrived. Gonna fix them up and see how good it is. Looks like it is gonna offload my alternator and save petrol man. Shipped it from US and it took 11 days. Yeah I am thinking to do ditribution here man. Singapore not 1 distributors except for 1 retailer which is stamford tyres but limited lahh.

Next mod will be. Lic plate, side signal, rear fog lamp, front signal lights, interior front map lights and front parking lights. Then system complete! Go green!

I save 21W+5W+25W=51W - 5W = 46W saved which is about 4 amps everytime i step on the brakes at night! Oh yah no need to worry about blown bulbs for the next few years! My target is 25% electrical cut. I

I'll let you know if my consumption hits 15km/L after all this mod man.

Supersonic

digging this old thread. anyone have changed tail light bulbs to led type? pass inspection?

nowadays many new cars using LED lights so i dont see why cannot pass inspection.

nowadays many new cars using LED lights so i dont see why cannot pass inspection.

thanks i was thinking about that too. as long as the tail light covers remains original inspection should pass.

anyway i think this is very gray. my friend just send his car for inspection today. asked the inspector uncle. he shake head and smile saying by right not supposed to. and say that i has to be as per the original spec of the car. If the car come with halogen bulbs than it has to be halogen. and inspection have to change back to halogen bulbs.

Well i think our inspection standard still living in the stone age.  quite gray here. Nowadays most new cars come with LED. Why cant older cars upgrade than? Double standard.

↡ Advertisement