LED tail-light bulbs

Genie47

thanks i was thinking about that too. as long as the tail light covers remains original inspection should pass.

Just like original DRL ok but aftermarket is illegal lor  [dizzy]

↡ Advertisement

Guys I have a question. I tried to change my tail/brake lights to LED bulbs. I had tried quite a few ones to replace my bulbs (P21/5W), but all had different problems, although they claim to be CANBUS/error free. On some, it didn't light up, others it caused the 3rd brake light to come on during tail light mode, so far I have stopped buying to try. Can advise what I am doing wrong? I heard that using load resistor may fix this issue but I want to avoid that.

As an aside I had already changed my interior lights and reverse light to LED with no issues so far (few months).

• Praise 1

Guys I have a question. I tried to change my tail/brake lights to LED bulbs. I had tried quite a few ones to replace my bulbs (P21/5W), but all had different problems, although they claim to be CANBUS/error free. On some, it didn't light up, others it caused the 3rd brake light to come on during tail light mode, so far I have stopped buying to try. Can advise what I am doing wrong? I heard that using load resistor may fix this issue but I want to avoid that.

As an aside I had already changed my interior lights and reverse light to LED with no issues so far (few months).

This depends on the electronics of the car.

Some cars used the load current of the bulb to decide if it's blown and flagged an alarm.

Since you swap out the bulb for a LED which consume much less load current, the car computer will think the bulb is blown, and started activating alarms.

talking about this. anyone tried replace all your glass bulbs for tail lights to LED and go for inspection and pass? anyone can share experience?

If you see the way they perform inpection, they only care about headlights whhich may cause blindnest to other road users if not installed properly. I dont think they even bother if one uses LED for other lights.

If you see the way they perform inpection, they only care about headlights whhich may cause blindnest to other road users if not installed properly. I dont think they even bother if one uses LED for other lights.

actually they dont see also. for so many years inspection, this is what i observed.

actually they dont see also. for so many years inspection, this is what i observed.

They dont check the light bulbs but they do use a device trvel across the front of the car from one side to another to scan the brightness and leveling of the headlights.

Have anyone tried LED bulb for fog light and pass inspection?

my fog lights are on LED bulbs now. i dont think they will check fog lights during inspection. just turn it off during inspection can liao.

i havent inspect mine since i change sometime ago. the problem is  i dont know if LED bulbs pass inspection or not if original ones are glass type.

• Praise 1