Aveo from Singapore to Malacca!

Genie47

Made the trip on Sat morning screaming all the way to Malacca on the E3 (NSH)

The car was whacked at 140-150kph for 2hrs at a screaming 4k RPM. Car was vibrating due to the engine really pushing it. I think this is from the use of RON92 gas. The electronics have retarded the ignition timing as much as possible and is straining. Didn't feel how its potential is with Petronas PriMax on the way back due to the rain.

The 195/50/15 tires worked well. On the return trip it was raining at the wet grip of the ST115 is good at 120-130kph.

1.4L engine being a 16V has pretty poor low-end torque. Very sluggish below 2.8k RPM. Acceleration is really slow. Then it just kicks above that.

Very impressed with what the tiny 1.4L F14D3 can do. Also impressed with the RP 5W20 oil. Lets see if this whack session sheared it bad.

↡ Advertisement

Used Petronas Primax which I believe is a RON98. Didn't push her up to 150 on the way back. Rain and heavy traffic.

maybe its the your ramming above 3krpm. Will like to try one day drive at 80kph for whole dat see if its FC good or not. but v stupit right [sweatdrop] waste full tank petrol....unless go malaysia. got the road to travel

Neutral Newbie
Bad. Used close to 1/2 tank to Malacca.

half tank quite reasonable mah. toll to toll = 200km. toll to town another 10km+/-???

(edited)

3 adults and 1 toddler. Not bad for a puny engine. I will leave it as it is now. First mods are suspensions. Next will be brakes. [sly]

Edited by Genie47

Neutral Newbie

Uh saw one Kalos debadge till botak no lable at all [thumbsup] .

Its lowered but could not find the owner.

This really going to get you ..............lower at about two fingers [laugh][laugh][laugh] .

Looks really stable [dizzy] also on sets of 15s.

Bad. Used close to 1/2 tank to Malacca.

i also went melacca recently. but went by old road instead of highway, also used up about 1/2 tank to reach there.. [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

bro, baby powder shd finish in 1 mths' time. how abt another trip next month??? can enter??? i oso wana burn some rubbers leh...

Edited by Ah_veo

I'm most likely having a trip up on 17 Jul with the Starlet guys to Mersing. Next month is possible. I will write a report on Air Papan 10km north of Mersing. Will take into consideration journey time and routes. There is a great beach so near and yet people want to go to Sentosa of all places. [shakehead]

↡ Advertisement