Search
ACEA XXXXX engine Explanation here

• Search this thread
25 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 20 July 2004 - 01:04 PM

Genie47
  • Genie47
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

All you should be concerned about when you read the label:

Just look for A3-02 and if you are a sucker for fuel economy, A1-02.

If you are driving one of those GDI engined cars from Mitsubishi, I suggest you look for A4-xx.

A3-02 means it will stay in grade. If it is 40wt, you whack the engine, it will not shear to pieces. Also means the oil is long drain. Can extend to 16k km if you want!

A1-02 means oil very thin and lubricates fast.

A4-xx means it got lean mixture operating capability. Something GDI engines should use.

There is another magic one called A5-02. Basically somewhat like A3 and A1 combined. Cannot find an oil that is A5-02.

Edited by Genie47, 20 July 2004 - 01:08 PM.

Men are like oysters, closed to suffering.
http://www.spritmoni...ail/264162.html

Posted 20 July 2004 - 01:09 PM

King
  • King
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

kum sia
I accept the facts that a lot of drivers are
LAZY
LOUSY
and
Stupid!

Posted 20 July 2004 - 01:28 PM

Redeel
  • Redeel
    6th Gear

Don't use the engine oil until 16,000km lah... Not good for the engine's health... sweatdrop.gif sweatdrop.gif sweatdrop.gif

To ensure that the engine is well maintained, monitor the usage and go for servicing to change the engine oil whenever needed. Proper servicing schedules will be sufficient to ensure the engine is good thruout the life of the car.

eddie

Posted 20 July 2004 - 02:05 PM

Audiorook
  • Premium member
    Audiorook
    2nd Gear

how about A3-98? Is that equivalent to A3-02?? Is it just the year that the standards have been set? Or that the newer one is better?
11' Honda Oddysey 2.4

Posted 20 July 2004 - 02:15 PM

Genie47
  • Genie47
    2Fast2Furious

I would say 16k km is the max. Most syn oil is good to 12k km.

Posted 20 July 2004 - 02:16 PM

Genie47
  • Genie47
    2Fast2Furious

Of course newer one better lah! A3-02 means long drain and stays in grade.

Posted 20 July 2004 - 02:25 PM

Audiorook
  • Premium member
    Audiorook
    2nd Gear

okie.. what does A3-98 mean then?
11' Honda Oddysey 2.4

Posted 20 July 2004 - 02:28 PM

Genie47
  • Genie47
    2Fast2Furious

Dunno! Just know A3-02 as A3-98 is obsolete!

Posted 20 July 2004 - 02:38 PM

Vtim
  • Premium member
    Vtim
    2Fast2Furious

All you should be concerned about when you read the label:

Just look for A3-02 and if you are a sucker for fuel economy, A1-02.

If you are driving one of those GDI engined cars from Mitsubishi, I suggest you look for A4-xx.

A3-02 means it will stay in grade. If it is 40wt, you whack the engine, it will not shear to pieces. Also means the oil is long drain. Can extend to 16k km if you want!

A1-02 means oil very thin and lubricates fast.

A4-xx means it got lean mixture operating capability. Something GDI engines should use.

There is another magic one called A5-02. Basically somewhat like A3 and A1 combined. Cannot find an oil that is A5-02.

ah, that means the Yacco VX1000 is good for long drain

Attached Thumbnails

• Yacco VX1000 back.jpg
  • Yacco VX1000 front.jpg

宁可正而不足,不可邪而有余。
Me, Mr Alfarleyfordadai, A citizen of Sillypore, pledge myself to strike all the highest prize. Based on TOTO, 4D or BIG SWEEP. So as to achieve prizes, prosperity and progress for my 4 kids, wife and wallet. GOT BUY GOT HOPE, NO BUY NO HOPE. [/color][/b]
[/color]

Posted 20 July 2004 - 02:39 PM

Vtim
  • Premium member
    Vtim
    2Fast2Furious

Don't use the engine oil until 16,000km lah... Not good for the engine's health...

To ensure that the engine is well maintained, monitor the usage and go for servicing to change the engine oil whenever needed. Proper servicing schedules will be sufficient to ensure the engine is good thruout the life of the car.

eddie

what is 16k km, I've used Chemlube fully sync wt50 on my previous Alfa 33 16v for 20k+ km (1year & 2 mths)
宁可正而不足,不可邪而有余。
Me, Mr Alfarleyfordadai, A citizen of Sillypore, pledge myself to strike all the highest prize. Based on TOTO, 4D or BIG SWEEP. So as to achieve prizes, prosperity and progress for my 4 kids, wife and wallet. GOT BUY GOT HOPE, NO BUY NO HOPE. [/color][/b]
[/color]

Posted 20 July 2004 - 02:42 PM

Shoi
  • Shoi
    2nd Gear

den A3-02 issit more for protection? unsure.gif

Posted 20 July 2004 - 02:51 PM

Redeel
  • Redeel
    6th Gear

Aiyo... Wanna save, do it on the car cosmetics lah... Servicing and maintenance cannot save one...

eddie

Posted 20 July 2004 - 02:51 PM

Vtim
  • Premium member
    Vtim
    2Fast2Furious

I was just trying to test out the oil mah!
宁可正而不足,不可邪而有余。
[/color]

Posted 20 July 2004 - 02:52 PM

Ahliew
  • Premium member
    Ahliew
    6th Gear

and cut down the HRF sly.gif sly.gif
=======================
Quote of the day: you'll never know [sly]

Posted 20 July 2004 - 03:00 PM

Esky
  • Esky
    3rd Gear

Can give the official website on ACEA info? Thnx! thumbsup.gif
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Can't PM me? Then email me at esky369 at yahoo tok kong.

Posted 20 July 2004 - 03:10 PM

Genie47
  • Genie47
    2Fast2Furious

Yes! And longer drain interval.

Edited by Genie47, 20 July 2004 - 03:11 PM.

Posted 20 July 2004 - 03:10 PM

Genie47
  • Genie47
    2Fast2Furious

Not official but this lub company from Budapest has this lubrication encyclopedia!

http://kenoanyag.mol...ikkei/doc123828

Sheesh! Budapest! Who would have thought? lipsrsealed.gif

Edited by Genie47, 20 July 2004 - 03:11 PM.

Posted 20 July 2004 - 03:27 PM

Genie47
  • Genie47
    2Fast2Furious

Wah! Hijack my thread for marketing purposes, huh? sly.gif All is forgiven. Hehehe....

Posted 20 July 2004 - 03:36 PM

Genie47
  • Genie47
    2Fast2Furious

The holy grail of engine oil will be Delvac 1 5W40. Hard to find here but I believe it will soon be marketed as M1 Truck and SUV Engine Oil. It contains an Exxon developed ester that is superior.

Super extended drain. It is a syn oil and can go up to 25-50k km. Just change filter every 10k and top up a little but for petrol engine this is a non-issue. Can use all the way with no changes.

If you want a cheap dino oil with great cleaning and long life. Delvac MX 15W40. Confirm can last as long as syn oil. 16k km.

Delvac 1 not cheap. $90 for 5L.

Delvac MX is around $32 for 5L.

Delvac MX confirm can kill your cat converter. Lots of ZDDP in it.

Edited by Genie47, 20 July 2004 - 03:41 PM.

Posted 20 July 2004 - 03:42 PM

Vtim
  • Premium member
    Vtim
    2Fast2Furious

where got, I just mention that Yacco is long drain oil mar!
宁可正而不足,不可邪而有余。
[/color]

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd Fabulous-X Pte Ltd

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users