Recommendation of wheel alignment workshop

Bfmstg

This video will help to you to understand why tracking/side slip can be easily solve with a simple toe gauge/side slip tester. No need to use a cow knife to kill a small chicken.

Hope this helps

solved? These are just measurement tools and no adjustment is actually done, so any problems are not solved till alignment is done?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

First I went to a wk at Woodland blk 38 and did a computerize job. They told me there are some wear on my tires and will take 2-3 months to even out. A month later I send my car to C & C but 2 services I noticed the steering wheel is slightly offset to the left. Can't go back to C & C anymore as my warranty just expired. Decided to replace my rims and tires. When back to the woodland wk. This time he tell me my front right wheel is slighty to the left and need $160 to fix it. I got the feeling this people just try to con me for a simple job. I only use the car to fetch my kids from school, easy driving.

While driving on the highway if I let go of the steering wheel the car drift to the left. I am drinv ga 3 year old B170, mileage 42k.

not sure abt 38 woodland workshop but i understand that only some workshops have the wheel configurations for merc. previously i had similiar issues with my eclass~ went ard few workshops providing wheel alignment services but unable to set for merc~ then came across forum and went down to richauto to fix it~

try not to go cheap workshops who are not experienced with mercs~ <_<

Neutral Newbie

$160 for wheel alignment???!

They must b very happy to "drink" carrot soup + a few slices of abalone thrown in, nt best grade type but better than ikan bilis.

Very ex, bro unless more than just alignment done.

Safe ride

Cheers

S$160 is not ex if they fixed the prob~

I am not sure what you are trying to said or where you are coming from. If you have hand-on exprience doing wheel alignment you will appreciate what this video is trying to show. Adjusting toe angle is nothing difficult, doing camber may need more time and doing castor will need more knowledge.

Edited by Yeobh

I am not sure what you are trying to said or where you are coming from. If you have hand-on exprience doing wheel alignment you will appreciate what this video is trying to show. Adjusting toe angle is nothing difficult, doing camber may need more time and doing castor will need more knowledge.

Agreed. More time and knowledge is needed to solve any problem found.

Agreed with bro Mit81, Detail check by ah siong b4 he hand over the car to you. Give it a try. Won't lose to kenny alignment. Cheers

How much is the service ?

BROTHER yeoBH

THUMBS UP FOR YOU [thumbsup]

i suppose there are few good expert (handson) in town, is just that they is nt many people appreciate the JOB.

many avoid them because of COST and little knowledges from internet found the not justified.

A sideslip just need probably 30mins and a Complete alignment could take up 3-5 hours.

First I went to a wk at Woodland blk 38 and did a computerize job. They told me there are some wear on my tires and will take 2-3 months to even out. A month later I send my car to C & C but 2 services I noticed the steering wheel is slightly offset to the left. Can't go back to C & C anymore as my warranty just expired. Decided to replace my rims and tires. When back to the woodland wk. This time he tell me my front right wheel is slighty to the left and need $160 to fix it. I got the feeling this people just try to con me for a simple job. I only use the car to fetch my kids from school, easy driving.

While driving on the highway if I let go of the steering wheel the car drift to the left. I am drinv ga 3 year old B170, mileage 42k.

frankly speaking . 160 sgd for alignment . i never heard b4.

even for a conti car with 4 wheel aliment and 4 wheel aljust.

at most about 120 sgd.

if they charge 160 for alignment i think soon the boss drive bm 7 series liao.

Clutched

I have sent my car to change the 4 stock shocks to koup shock and wheel alignment ( i driving forte and the koup rear shock is shorter than the stock forte shock but anyway it fit)

After the alignment is done, both the front and rear wheel camber reading went way off the normal spec.

Front left reading is -0.44 (Normal spec is between 0.00 to 1.00)

Front right reading is -0.54 (Normal spec is also between 0.00 to 1.00)

Rear left reading is -1.47 (normal is -0.02 to -1.02)

Rear right reading is -2.07 (normal is -0.02 to -1.02)

Will the difference in reading caused any future problem if not corrected?? e.g "eating" the tyre inner wall

Any expert pls advise and enlightened.

Clutched

install camber bolt and adjust.

neg camber improve corning grip.

In this case, my reading is all negative figure.. So its good or bad reading??

(edited)

for a piece of my mind ... i went kenny alignment. was told rear front all out in a bad way due to lowering (after lowered i went for alignment ) ... i guess the previous alignment i did in ubi wasnt tht fantastic ...

boss is a friendly guy ... didnt know is on cash terms ... didnt bring enuff cash... he say nvm ... u can pay me later ... =)

Edited by Bossbthk

Any recommendation for cheap and reliable alignment svc in the West other than the one at Toh Guan as per recommended? I had a galloping tyre roar after changing my struts but vehicle does not veer.

Neutral Newbie

Bro...make a little extra effort to Kenny's wheel alignment in AMK.

I was also recommended to him by fellow members. Never look back since.

Nice sincere guy who is very forward in every conversation with him. He doesn't beat abt the bushes n very honest with the work. He is not the cheapest in town but surely one of the more knowleable one.

Hope he can help you with your problem

Remember to call him for appt booking cos his workshop are usually pretty packed. :-)

Search around in the merchant section for his number n address.

Good luck!

Any recommendation for cheap and reliable alignment svc in the West other than the one at Toh Guan as per recommended? I had a galloping tyre roar after changing my struts but vehicle does not veer.

Neutral Newbie

Just done wheel aligment at

JC Wheel Dynamic Pte Ltd

48 Toh Guan Road East

Enterprise Hub

Look for ah seong, Sincere Boss and will make sure ya car is done up properly. I have visited kenny a few times. Both of them are as good. Cheers

Fixed my issue by going to change my frt bearings (time to change) and done a cheap computerised alignment at $50 near my house. Running like new again..

Fixed my issue by going to change my frt bearings (time to change) and done a cheap computerised alignment at $50 near my house. Running like new again..

Bro, wat ur mileage at time u chg bearing? Wat about rear ones?

↡ Advertisement