Aircon Compressor per-char liao

Ic3ncok3

same for me. remember when i studying in nus many years ago, had to make difficult decision abt whether i shd buy bus-stamp or concessionary student mrt card for my travels.

in e end, bought bus stamp cos i can change bus unlimited, altho mrt route faster & more direct.

talking abt cars, after wking abt 9 yrs then i got my wk horse this yr, a coe car..

but maybe i'm just a loser.. so dun model me. young pple must dare to dream & bring our nation fwd [thumbsup] .

Neutral Newbie

I Agreed with Genie47, Just visited Mark-Cool today. They open till 6pm during sat. I got Air-con leakage problems. Replaced one of the tube(real hard job from what I see. Couple of item was remove before replace) Plus replace the senser plus servie the filter Plus top up gas plus checking the coil plus gain more knowledge...well spend 100 for all...Did observe that they got many of recon parts there....

Give the junk yards a try .

I once got an alternator for $15/- and it was working fine .

So maybe a compressor would cost u less than $50/- .

Plus if you install it DIY , one afternoon if you want to take it slow and careful .

Why not ?

Good learning process.

Rgs

[scholar]

good price! [thumbsup]

yea......just dropped by at pro serv and asked the mechanic to take a look.....he said the compressor is abt to give way and quoted me $480 for a recon and $580 for a new original...

considering wat happened the last time i went to them for a repair, i decided to look ard first........

normally how long does a re-con one cost? and re-con = reconditioned?

======================================

I had my re-con compressor changed at mark-cool abt 2 yrs puls & it's still fine. Cost abt $200 incl labour. Had my alternator changed together for less than $100 incl labour.

Place is good & reasonable. Using them for more than 5 years now. No complaints.

hey that's super cheap price!!! [inlove]

same for me. remember when i studying in nus many years ago, had to make difficult decision abt whether i shd buy bus-stamp or concessionary student mrt card for my travels.

in e end, bought bus stamp cos i can change bus unlimited, altho mrt route faster & more direct.

talking abt cars, after wking abt 9 yrs then i got my wk horse this yr, a coe car..

but maybe i'm just a loser.. so dun model me. young pple must dare to dream & bring our nation fwd [thumbsup] .

aiyah..already got car after several years working consider quite good... some need work whole life, still can't afford buy car..hence u r already front of the heap liao.

Saw in other thread u had problems with Markcool???

Anyway, as mine is coe car, I had to change several things, bit by bit.

Had all done at MC as the other A/C shops I tried all seemed to be trying to rip me off.

Using MC for more than 6 yrs now without any complaints. Only u have to check after they finish & inform the foreman if there's anything u not satisfied with.

My compressor was a 2nd hand from scrapyard together with labour was about $200.

I cud get one myself from SY & ask them to install but risky if it is faulty, have to pay labour charge again to change as scrap yard has a guarantee n u can change if not working.

MC does it, I don't have to worry as they will guarantee it's working. If not they will replace on their account.

They also change my faulty alternator for less than $100 (2nd hand) as a favour when they change the compressor. That time I give him some kopi $$$ as their price cheapest among the 3 w/shops I got quote from. [thumbsup]

Try Mark Kool lah...

got my compressor changed and quite reasonable prices too. People there are friendly too (very chatty) and willing to teach u a bit or two about the air con system.

Before CNY, my compressor gave way and I went down on the 4th day of CNY (Sat) and they replaced the compressor & coil in just 2 plus hrs.

Damage (incl labour) :

1) Recon compressor (1 month warranty) : $120

2) Coil (New) : $180

3) Filter : $20

Plus they gave free gas topup, didn't calculate some switches into the cost.

[:)]

Some other shops quoted me sky high prices like $400 (recon) or close to $1000 (new)!!! [sweatdrop] RIP OFFS.

If you all go to MC, let him check your ac first.

He will advise u what is wrong & give u a quote.

If too many things to change at one go, ask him which is most important & what can delay & for about how long.

At least you can prepare for your next visit.

ic....now aircon still cold..will go back again and do all neccessary hoses changed...

thks dude for invaluable advice....now feel that repair car like go market...bargain bargain here and there [rolleyes][gossip]