• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
88 replies to this topic | 41 praises

Posted 09 October 2004 - 08:50 PM

Hatchet
  • Hatchet
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi,

Found my rear tyre punctured today at car park :( Went petrol station to try and pump up also cannot... sigh have to use my spare tyre...

Would like to know if there are any recommended place for repair of tyres in the north? I'm staying in woodlands area.

regards.

Edited by Hatchet, 09 October 2004 - 08:50 PM.

Posted 09 October 2004 - 09:07 PM

Apollo
  • Apollo
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

woodlands --> I believe Stamford Tyres hv a branch somewhere in Woodslands industrial park, facing mainroad to the Incincerator Plant. admiralty west.

yishun industrial park near to maxtor, 3 blocks of JTC industrial buildings (single storey) behind a hindu temple.

down south --> upper thomson road near the famous ampang yong tofu. 2 tyre shop n 1 petrol station.

sin ming autocare. at least 4 shops.
Signature is not allowed.

Posted 09 October 2004 - 09:51 PM

Mtoh
  • Mtoh
    5th Gear
    Author Image

market rate for tyre repair is $5 ~10 dollars only

Posted 09 October 2004 - 10:35 PM

Potheader
  • Potheader
    Supercharged
    Author Image

if your tyres are old and going to be worn out, why not get new ones?

pumping your tyres with nitrogen helps too.. (less N2 will leak when tyre puncture, then can drive to workshop for repair)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://thekangtang.blogspot.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted 09 October 2004 - 10:39 PM

Syshi
  • Premium member
    Syshi
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

If got the Wheels Asia card, free tyre puncture repair in one of the Shop in Autopoint (AMK)
Just had my tyre puncture repaired free last week. Think someone screw in to my tyre in my carpark... seems like that guy not happy I park in that area which they might consider as their teritory...

Posted 09 October 2004 - 10:42 PM

Poortraveller
  • Poortraveller
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

i oso found my tyre kanna poke by a screw today but dun think is deep and not much leaking ... if i send my tyre for repair, estimate how long can it last? will i face problem if i travel long distance? planning to go KL next week
$150 fine and 6 demerit points for road hogger

Poortraveller's Roadtrip

Driving to Thailand

Posted 10 October 2004 - 04:21 PM

Weetiong
  • Weetiong
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

last yr, my right rear tyre kena screw on d rd, drove 2 stamford jurong, d staff repaired foc even thou i'm not their past cust... gd.

======================
Replying to : Syshi
Post: If got the Wheels Asia card, free tyre puncture repair in one of the Shop in Autopoint (AMK)
Just had my tyre puncture repaired free last week. Think someone screw in to my tyre in my carpark... seems like that guy not happy I park in that area which they might consider as their teritory...
===============================================
Fresh thinking - better cars

http://forums.delphi...sgOpel/messages
http://groups.msn.co...gaporeOpelOwner

Posted 10 October 2004 - 04:22 PM

Weetiong
  • Weetiong
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

can la, can last, juz get it patched up, < s$10.

=========================
Replying to : Tenminste
Post: i oso found my tyre kanna poke by a screw today but dun think is deep and not much leaking ... if i send my tyre for repair, estimate how long can it last?

Posted 11 October 2004 - 01:54 PM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi,

Found my rear tyre punctured today at car park :( Went petrol station to try and pump up also cannot... sigh have to use my spare tyre...

Would like to know if there are any recommended place for repair of tyres in the north? I'm staying in woodlands area.

regards.

=======================

You can try Creative Trading at 38 Woodlands Indl Pk E1. # 02-06. Tel: 67601591/2
Speak to Jimmy.

The best way to repair is to remove the tyre from the rim & patch from inside.

If tyre is worn, change a new tyre will be better.

Cheers laugh.gif

Posted 11 October 2004 - 05:39 PM

Smiley
  • Smiley
    Supercharged
    Author Image

dun understand leh, why cannot pump? unless yours is not tubeless.

Posted 11 October 2004 - 05:40 PM

Smiley
  • Smiley
    Supercharged
    Author Image

why you got such special treatment at stamford?

Posted 11 October 2004 - 05:43 PM

Ace_t
  • Ace_t
    6th Gear
    Author Image

think what he meant was that the tyre could not be pumped as it was badly punctured.

[reply]

dun understand leh, why cannot pump? unless yours is not tubeless
[/quote]

Posted 11 October 2004 - 05:48 PM

Weetiong
  • Weetiong
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

maybe d staff easy-going, maybe 2 him it was an easy job patching my tyre...

=========================
Replying to : Smiley

Posted 11 October 2004 - 06:01 PM

Smiley
  • Smiley
    Supercharged
    Author Image

that means very bad and needs replacement?

Posted 11 October 2004 - 06:02 PM

Smiley
  • Smiley
    Supercharged
    Author Image

yeap, very easy job and easy money as well.

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

Icedbs
  • Icedbs
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

guys...wanna ask something.

For those shop that does plugging of the tyre from outside, do they normally remove the tyre from the car, or do they do the plugging with the tyre still on the car?

Just worried if they do the plugging with the tyre still on the car, all the bull strength required to plug the tyre may stress the brake, axel, etc...

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

Versatile
  • Premium member
    Versatile
    5th Gear
    Author Image

guys...wanna ask something.

For those shop that does plugging of the tyre from outside, do they normally remove the tyre from the car, or do they do the plugging with the tyre still on the car?

Just worried if they do the plugging with the tyre still on the car, all the bull strength required to plug the tyre may stress the brake, axel, etc...

they will need to remove your tyre. so no worries.
Hyundai Avante 1.6MT - Jan 2010 / Sept 2011
Suzuki Swift Sports 1.6MT - Sept 2011 - Present

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

Xefera
  • Premium member
    Xefera
    Supercharged
    Author Image

all that stress will not amount to anything close to > 1,000kg of car weight stressing those joints.

Most workshops can complete the job in 5-10mins without removing the tyre.

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

Ericongy
  • Premium member
    Ericongy
    5th Gear
    Author Image

simi si plugging the tyre?
I am Banned but I am not banned

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

Icedbs
  • Icedbs
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

all that stress will not amount to anything close to > 1,000kg of car weight stressing those joints.

Most workshops can complete the job in 5-10mins without removing the tyre.

You are right. I didn't think about the weight of the car which is way more than a human bull strength.

Thanks

Back to Tyres and Rims  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Also tagged with these keywords: Punctured , tyre , repair

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users