Punctured tyre repair

Hatchet

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Found my rear tyre punctured today at car park :( Went petrol station to try and pump up also cannot... sigh have to use my spare tyre...

Would like to know if there are any recommended place for repair of tyres in the north? I'm staying in woodlands area.

regards.

Edited by Hatchet
↡ Advertisement

woodlands --> I believe Stamford Tyres hv a branch somewhere in Woodslands industrial park, facing mainroad to the Incincerator Plant. admiralty west.

yishun industrial park near to maxtor, 3 blocks of JTC industrial buildings (single storey) behind a hindu temple.

down south --> upper thomson road near the famous ampang yong tofu. 2 tyre shop n 1 petrol station.

sin ming autocare. at least 4 shops.

if your tyres are old and going to be worn out, why not get new ones?

pumping your tyres with nitrogen helps too.. (less N2 will leak when tyre puncture, then can drive to workshop for repair)

Neutral Newbie

If got the Wheels Asia card, free tyre puncture repair in one of the Shop in Autopoint (AMK)

Just had my tyre puncture repaired free last week. Think someone screw in to my tyre in my carpark... seems like that guy not happy I park in that area which they might consider as their teritory...

i oso found my tyre kanna poke by a screw today but dun think is deep and not much leaking ... if i send my tyre for repair, estimate how long can it last? will i face problem if i travel long distance? planning to go KL next week

Neutral Newbie

last yr, my right rear tyre kena screw on d rd, drove 2 stamford @ jurong, d staff repaired foc even thou i'm not their past cust... gd.

======================

Replying to : Syshi

Post: If got the Wheels Asia card, free tyre puncture repair in one of the Shop in Autopoint (AMK)

Just had my tyre puncture repaired free last week. Think someone screw in to my tyre in my carpark... seems like that guy not happy I park in that area which they might consider as their teritory...

Neutral Newbie

can la, can last, juz get it patched up, < s$10.

=========================

Replying to : Tenminste

Post: i oso found my tyre kanna poke by a screw today but dun think is deep and not much leaking ... if i send my tyre for repair, estimate how long can it last?

Hi,

Found my rear tyre punctured today at car park :( Went petrol station to try and pump up also cannot... sigh have to use my spare tyre...

Would like to know if there are any recommended place for repair of tyres in the north? I'm staying in woodlands area.

regards.

=======================

You can try Creative Trading at 38 Woodlands Indl Pk E1. # 02-06. Tel: 67601591/2

Speak to Jimmy.

The best way to repair is to remove the tyre from the rim & patch from inside.

If tyre is worn, change a new tyre will be better.

Cheers [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

think what he meant was that the tyre could not be pumped as it was badly punctured.

[reply]

dun understand leh, why cannot pump? unless yours is not tubeless

Neutral Newbie

maybe d staff easy-going, maybe 2 him it was an easy job patching my tyre...

=========================

Replying to : Smiley

Turbocharged

guys...wanna ask something.

For those shop that does plugging of the tyre from outside, do they normally remove the tyre from the car, or do they do the plugging with the tyre still on the car?

Just worried if they do the plugging with the tyre still on the car, all the bull strength required to plug the tyre may stress the brake, axel, etc...

guys...wanna ask something.

For those shop that does plugging of the tyre from outside, do they normally remove the tyre from the car, or do they do the plugging with the tyre still on the car?

Just worried if they do the plugging with the tyre still on the car, all the bull strength required to plug the tyre may stress the brake, axel, etc...

they will need to remove your tyre. so no worries.

all that stress will not amount to anything close to > 1,000kg of car weight stressing those joints.

Most workshops can complete the job in 5-10mins without removing the tyre.

↡ Advertisement