Punctured tyre repair

Hatchet

(edited)

Its those cheapo external patch. My D max is an equivalent to a SUV  the svc personnel tell me say its a "truck" so must pay truck price but the patch is the same as those for cars nothing special.

Outside can easily do it for $8 to $10. 

Where gt people provide warranty for tire patch de.

Its after patching then tell me is $18, some more can smile at you say gt company account whats there to be afraid. I nvr bill to my company just pay in cash then swear nvr to go back there again.

Edited by alex976
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Its those cheapo external patch. My D max is an equivalent to a SUV the svc personnel tell me say its a "truck" so must pay truck price but the patch is the same as those for cars nothing special.

Outside can easily do it for $8 to $10.

Where gt people provide warranty for tire patch de.

Its after patching then tell me is $18, some more can smile at you say gt company account whats there to be afraid. I nvr bill to my company just pay in cash then swear nvr to go back there again.

Go big brand confirm tio Tok, last time I did internal tyre patching for 20 bucks. Cost more than most but the company removes rft tyres well so I support them

Repair normally don't come with any warranty , unless you buy warranty. LOL

is entirely free market for every shop to decide how much to charge.

Why : every establishment run business in different way of work or method at different cost too

For minor repairs, best to go to a not famous shop to prevent kena chop

Go big brand confirm tio Tok, last time I did internal tyre patching for 20 bucks. Cost more than most but the company removes rft tyres well so I support them

• Praise 1

=======================

You can try Creative Trading at 38 Woodlands Indl Pk E1. # 02-06. Tel: 67601591/2

Speak to Jimmy.

The best way to repair is to remove the tyre from the rim & patch from inside.

If tyre is worn, change a new tyre will be better.

Cheers laugh.gif

Verified and checked out Creative Trading at Woodlands Industrial Park yesterday.

Love their services and how they patch up my tire.

Best thing is - there was no upsell at all..! wow.

Highly recommended for Northerners.

just MHO

repairing tire is not consider Minor repair to me

If a injured tire is not Professionally or tire manufacturers recommended way of repair , it might have some hidden injury or worst damaged internally cant be seen from outside (when repair done externally)

ONe can imaging you are running on a Repaired but Injured / damaged tire  

So you must understand Why Internal repair is Better or actually BEST

Why Save money on repair after spending so much $$$$$ on your car [thumbsup]

tire only give problem when running on the road especially high speed

X dollars repair can save not only your tire(may be 1 to 2years) also Members riding on(Life time)

A meal cost few $X only in your body for few hours later all inside Long Kang

Edited by Roberttan
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

Hear people talking about internal patch and those worm repair, are they different ways of fixing tyre puncture?

you so heng never kenah puncture before ar ??

i sway sway kenah a few times liow ... but usually i will just do worm type ... fast and cheap.

but so far only my last patching did the internal patching which was double the price (more work also)

you so heng never kenah puncture before ar ??

i sway sway kenah a few times liow ... but usually i will just do worm type ... fast and cheap.

but so far only my last patching did the internal patching which was double the price (more work also)

Kenna once at the side, workshop told me fix liao won't last, so I changed all 4 tyres since it was about time liao.

Twincharged

Kenna once at the side, workshop told me fix liao won't last, so I changed all 4 tyres since it was about time liao.

anyway the worm is for smaller holes. they just put some glue and then push the worm into the hole to seal it up. I would say a 99.9% fix. less than 10mins, about $7. this can even DIY if you are on a long ride and might not come across any shops, just get a pump and a set of the tools.

but the internal patch is whereby they open up the tire and then paste the rubber patch onto the hole from the inside of the tire. this is a 100% seal as the air pressure will push the patch against the hole from the inside making it airtight ! about 20 mins, around $15.

anyway the worm is for smaller holes. they just put some glue and then push the worm into the hole to seal it up. I would say a 99.9% fix. less than 10mins, about $7. this can even DIY if you are on a long ride and might not come across any shops, just get a pump and a set of the tools.

but the internal patch is whereby they open up the tire and then paste the rubber patch onto the hole from the inside of the tire. this is a 100% seal as the air pressure will push the patch against the hole from the inside making it airtight ! about 20 mins, around $15.

Can share where you did internal patching for $15?

Twincharged

Can share where you did internal patching for $15?

simpang bedok, beside the tow huay shop.

Edited by Ysc3
  • Praise 1

Hear people talking about internal patch and those worm repair, are they different ways of fixing tyre puncture?

let me share my Personal View about Internal repair , there are material use first Patch(plaster like) & Plug+Patch (PRP).

as from Research , all tires manufacturer accept or recommend Internal repair only. 

And as a Professional Tire workshop should perform only Industrial approve method for the Benefit or Safety of Driver and PAssengers.

the Main reason for internal method is We need to have our Tire inspect internally for any internal damaged or Injuries which can not be seen from outside without removing tire from wheel. 

Punctured repair is not just get the HOle fixed/stop the Leak , it is Is the repaired Tire SAFE to continue USE for the Rest of its Life ?

I cant COntrol a Sudden lost of tire pressure due to any tire blow out especially traveling at High speed which my tires is working very very HArd.( this tire blow out could due previously internal damaged or injured when I got a flat )

Internally repair method is to ensure 99.99 % my tire SAFE to continue    use  after the Punctured Repaired.

To me SAFETY is above every thing.

was told , tires only give you problem when she is working very very  HARD = High speed= Heavy Load.

Friend of mine who live in Australia / New Zealand said, it is against their LAW to have punctured tire repair from Outside [thumbsup]

I patched my own tyres using the worm quite many times.

They all last until the tyre is changed out.

However, this kind of patch is considered temporary.

You're supposed to get it fixed permanently at a tyre workshop, although I wondered how, esp, when most of them just use the same worm patched.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1