Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
243 replies to this topic | 21 praises

Posted 17 October 2004 - 04:15 PM

Sucker
  • Sucker
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi there,

I was told that the engine mounting for Manual Car is not suitable for an Auto Car. The Manual Car engine mounting is hard and the Auto Car will have vibrations.

Is it correct?

Thanks

Sucker!

Posted 17 October 2004 - 04:19 PM

Apollo
  • Apollo
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

nope.... dunno who tell u crappy stuff like this.

afaik, u must use back the same type of engine mounting and should at all times use back OEM ones.

there r 2 type of mounting. rubber padding (general cars) and hydraulic ones for more expensive/ continential cars.
Raymondism praised this
Signature is not allowed.

Posted 19 January 2010 - 05:26 PM

Oogmsn
  • Oogmsn
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi anyone knows if there is a way to change for engine mounting rubber cheaper? I was quoted at 380++ for the rubber, and I saw online that the rubber is less only around USD35 per pair online, but they only have it for left hand drive. Any kind soul can help to provide advise if there is cheaper alternative?
My car is a Suzuki Swift 1.5.

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:21 AM

Kimikichin
  • Kimikichin
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi anyone knows if there is a way to change for engine mounting rubber cheaper? I was quoted at 380++ for the rubber, and I saw online that the rubber is less only around USD35 per pair online, but they only have it for left hand drive. Any kind soul can help to provide advise if there is cheaper alternative?

Hmm. 380++ seems abit ex? What registration year is your Swift? Sports Edition?

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:30 AM

Nmnhnlm
  • Nmnhnlm
    4th Gear
    Author Image

You can buy the mountings and change youyself. You can use rubber mountings or those poly urethane aftermarket ones.

I don't like Hydraulic mountings cause it leaks as it ages. Used to have a 318is and 520i. Hyro mountings, sucks. And still have vibration.

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:58 AM

Stinkray
  • Premium member
    Stinkray
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

since we are in this topic....

normally how long will stock rubber engine mounting last ??? 3yrs ?? 4 yrs ??

Punctually Is The Best Policy !!!

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:34 PM

Yuan
  • Premium member
    Yuan
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

since we are in this topic....

normally how long will stock rubber engine mounting last ??? 3yrs ?? 4 yrs ??

Depends on the driver's usage and mileage of the car.
|1994|Legum Baccalaureus-Legum Magister|Financial Prudence|HDB|MedisaveApproveIntegratedPlan-Insurance|Manchester United FC|Genuine Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Specifications-Parts-Accessories|Suzuki Swift GS|Mitsubishi Lancer CS 3|Volkswagen Golf MKVI|Audi A4B9|

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:35 PM

Yuan
  • Premium member
    Yuan
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

My OEM engine mounts cost about S$460 including labour. I am not sure whether your above quote includes labour.
|1994|Legum Baccalaureus-Legum Magister|Financial Prudence|HDB|MedisaveApproveIntegratedPlan-Insurance|Manchester United FC|Genuine Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Specifications-Parts-Accessories|Suzuki Swift GS|Mitsubishi Lancer CS 3|Volkswagen Golf MKVI|Audi A4B9|

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:50 PM

Nmnhnlm
  • Nmnhnlm
    4th Gear
    Author Image

My OEM engine mounts cost about S$460 including labour. I am not sure whether your above quote includes labour.

WTF so expensive!!! Even mountings for my 520i dont cost anywhere near there!!

I just change them myself. A bit of hassle but still ok.

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:01 PM

A_korusawa
  • A_korusawa
    6th Gear
    Author Image

You can buy the mountings and change youyself. You can use rubber mountings or those poly urethane aftermarket ones.

I don't like Hydraulic mountings cause it leaks as it ages. Used to have a 318is and 520i. Hyro mountings, sucks. And still have vibration.

hi, my car is not swift . . . .

you mentioned "rubber mountings or those poly urethane aftermarket ones".

ok, I can buy the OEM rubber type from stockist.

but, what' bout the poly urethane types???

thanks

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:16 PM

Celicar
  • Celicar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Wow, that must have been quite a feat. Don't you have to take out at least some parts of the engine to do so? I think I've to change mine as well, the vibration of the car seems to be getting more pronounced and I'm not planning to change ride any time soon.

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:26 PM

Hermitage
  • Hermitage
    6th Gear
    Author Image

One word, 2 syllables...JAYBEE laugh.gif

Changed mine there for about RM550 for the whole set including transmission mounts. Mine's not a Swift though, but I've seen quite a few local units running around there, so aftermarket original/OEM parts should be quite easily available...
No matter where you come from, as long as you are Human...you are an AFRICAN.

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:48 PM

Zyrofillica
  • Premium member
    Zyrofillica
    6th Gear
    Author Image

wow i was quoted 1000 for my mitsu mountings. omg! lucky haven change. any recommendation for workshops for mitsu cars?

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:54 PM

Silver_blade
  • Premium member
    Silver_blade
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Depend on which mounting eg. sides, center, etc....Some are cheaper, while those 'hydraulic' types are more expensive.

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:54 PM

Yuan
  • Premium member
    Yuan
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Expensive meh? The pricing range is around there when I ask a few workshops and even my stockists for my Jap made car.

For my Jap made car, engine mountings cannot be changed by layperson like myself. Need a mechanic to do it. There are parts that need to be dismantled to change the mountings and only a trained person can do it.

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:55 PM

Kwanheng
  • Kwanheng
    Banned

Hi there,

I was told that the engine mounting for Manual Car is not suitable for an Auto Car. The Manual Car engine mounting is hard and the Auto Car will have vibrations.

Is it correct?

Thanks

Sucker!

really good lie lol how can this be possible?
This is what happens when you do not follow Law :signature guidelines]

chery hafei geely chevy.

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:37 PM

Oogmsn
  • Oogmsn
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hmm. 380++ seems abit ex? What registration year is your Swift? Sports Edition?

Kimkichin, mine is a 2005 model - SWIFT 1.5 AT. Basically, the problem started recently when I accelerate too suddenly, there will be a slight "thump" sound coming out from the engine area but no other issue when driving it. The workshop told me it's that problem with the engine mounting rubber & quoted me that price. What's the normal rate?

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:33 AM

Byond
  • Premium member
    Byond
    5th Gear
    Author Image

bro, i also changed my engine mountings (mazda 2sp) for $460 last OCt 08...
changed 3 of them...
after changing, ride was smooth with minimal vibration...

Anyway, mountings are wear and tear item...
my driver's side mounting leaks, there is a crack at the rubber joint, which causes the oil to leak onto my engine bay...a very messy affair...

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:05 AM

Yuan
  • Premium member
    Yuan
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

bro, i also changed my engine mountings (mazda 2sp) for $460 last OCt 08...
changed 3 of them...
after changing, ride was smooth with minimal vibration...

Anyway, mountings are wear and tear item...
my driver's side mounting leaks, there is a crack at the rubber joint, which causes the oil to leak onto my engine bay...a very messy affair...

For my case, my rear mount was gone and crackline on one of the sides....That explains why my car vibrate every time I engaged my car in reverse gear.

Thanks for sharing. We learn something new everyday. wave.gif

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:40 AM

Kimikichin
  • Kimikichin
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Kimkichin, mine is a 2005 model - SWIFT 1.5 AT. Basically, the problem started recently when I accelerate too suddenly, there will be a slight "thump" sound coming out from the engine area but no other issue when driving it. The workshop told me it's that problem with the engine mounting rubber & quoted me that price. What's the normal rate?

Hi Oogmsn, my cousin got it changed on his Swift for around S$300. Parts & Installation included. All 3 pieces of engine mount changed. Suzuki original parts. happy.gif

Regards

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Quick Reply

Tags: Engine, Mounting

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users