Engine Mounting

Sucker

Just replaced my engine mount (4nos) recently, costs $450 for parts and including labour should be around $500. I unable to say the exact price because I did other stuff like replacing brake rotor and brake pad and servicing same time. Car is Lancer GLX with manual transmission, mileage slightly below 150k km.

There was not symptom of vibration, etc. I replaced it cos the workshop told me my engine mount crack few months ago. Indeed the front and rear engine mount I see there are cracks after it was removed, so its about time to replace.

↡ Advertisement

I tot taxi maintenance is by the company? Or yours is the old yellow top type? [confused]

His is those Illegal Priate taxi. [pirate]

He pick up only XMM when wife is not around.

Other times he fatch family all over SG. Plus his is Sonata so it even look like normal taxi. Only he never put the TAXI sign/light on his roof.

Mine is all white lar! [laugh]

All white is Premier Cab. Like Merc hor. [thumbsup]

FYI.

Just changed the EM for my taxi. Age: 4yrs 8 mths.

4pcs for $310 bot at Min Ghee

Labor was charged $200 at a local Spore ws.

Could have change it at a Jbee WS at 1/2 the labor cost but too lazy to go in. LOL.

FYI.

Just changed the EM for my taxi. Age: 4yrs 8 mths.

4pcs for $310 bot at Min Ghee

Labor was charged $200 at a local Spore ws.

Could have change it at a Jbee WS at 1/2 the labor cost but too lazy to go in. LOL.

200 is rather high imo....

local WS really ex nowadays. [shakehead]

ya i know.

Bcos i push the ws to take in the EM job even tho he was overloaded with cars liao......that was on a saturday 25th.

so i was prepared to be carroted. lol.

Overall 510 still ok lar.

ya i know.

Bcos i push the ws to take in the EM job even tho he was overloaded with cars liao......that was on a saturday 25th.

so i was prepared to be carroted. lol.

Overall 510 still ok lar.

Just sharing my experience.

I just changed my engine mounting (Nissan Sylphy 2006) with Jap OEM parts (3 parts) at S$ 250 nett inclusive labour with one of Ubi WS.

My mileage is 190,000km

TC told me engine mounting rubber cracked and quoted me around S$ 500.00 excluding GST for the job.

Cheers.

Older and lower cc 1.6ltr car is cheaper ?

I just changed my engine mounting (Nissan Sylphy 2006) with Jap OEM parts (3 parts) at S$ 250 nett inclusive labour with one of Ubi WS.

My mileage is 190,000km

TC told me engine mounting rubber cracked and quoted me around S$ 500.00 excluding GST for the job.

Cheers.

My mileage is 190,000km

Cheers.

$250 with parts and labour for mounting change? So cheap?!

For those hardcore diyers can just fill your old motor mount with shore 50 to 60 polyurethane fill, spend 13 bucks for polyurethane filling. I managed to found Dinitrol 500 from tonita....

PUR500-372x402.jpg

My diy engine mount, gutted out the rubber with hydraulic fluid and fill it with polyurethane. I also do fill on my transmission mount as well.

20131104_220345.jpg

For those who dont diy, get your mount from stockist and pay labour to have it installed.

• Praise 1

My mileage is 190,000km

Cheers.

Can pm me the name and address of the Ubi WS?

thanks

For those hardcore diyers can just fill your old motor mount with shore 50 to 60 polyurethane fill, spend 13 bucks for polyurethane filling. I managed to found Dinitrol 500 from tonita....

PUR500-372x402.jpg

My diy engine mount, gutted out the rubber with hydraulic fluid and fill it with polyurethane. I also do fill on my transmission mount as well.

20131104_220345.jpg

For those who dont diy, get your mount from stockist and pay labour to have it installed.

can share with us, after you DIY this engine mount did you install? how does the engine feels

How long does engine mount can last after changing?

Approx 50K +/-

With deteriorating road surfaces, expect lesser. Mine was changed out FOC within warranty period at 30K mileage point.

Hi bros,

Anyone can recommend a reliable ws to change engine mounting for Honda Jazz GD1? Probably have to change all 4. And any idea how much would it cost? Thanks.

Neutral Newbie

Hi everyone. I'm looking to replace the engine mounting of my Honda Civic Hybrid 2008. Any recommendations? 

Hi everyone. I'm looking to replace the engine mounting of my Honda Civic Hybrid 2008. Any recommendations?

Try SKM at Kai Bukit.. had good experience there but so not know the price for EM. Do google for their address and contact.
  • Praise 2

Changed engine mounts (complete set) for my FD at AutoSaver Toh Guan