Engine Mounting

Sucker

How long does engine mount can last after changing?

My cerato v1 changed mountings at 9 year, the rubber already start to disintegrate. I think reasonable time to 5-9 years depending on the quality of the rubber used.

Turbocharged

Super expensive..original mount $420.. labour max 200

should be around this price for bread and butter cars. paid about 500 odd for my vios

Super expensive..original mount $420.. labour max 200

Civic FD full set engine mounts $420 ? Get from where ?

How long does mounting lasts? Mine changed at 150k now 224 k mechanic say spoil already

Very much depends on the road condition and your driving pattern. In general 150K around there.

• Praise 1

Hi all, need some advice for my 9 year old 2008 Toyota Altis before deciding if I should change my engine mounting.

Went to a workshop recently to service my car and was told that my engine mounting requires a change and was quoted $600 to do so.

Did a little research and so far what I have gathered is engine mounting requires a change when telltale signs of strong vibrations of the car while idling. There are vibrations while idling but it is not that obvious.

I am in a dilemma because I would most probably scrap the car come next year's October and was thinking if I should change it or not. But at the same time I do not want to spend unnecessary money if not needed.

Would appreciate if any gurus here can advise if I should proceed to change or not. TIA!

• Praise 1

Hi all, need some advice for my 9 year old 2008 Toyota Altis before deciding if I should change my engine mounting.

Went to a workshop recently to service my car and was told that my engine mounting requires a change and was quoted $600 to do so.

Did a little research and so far what I have gathered is engine mounting requires a change when telltale signs of strong vibrations of the car while idling. There are vibrations while idling but it is not that obvious.

I am in a dilemma because I would most probably scrap the car come next year's October and was thinking if I should change it or not. But at the same time I do not want to spend unnecessary money if not needed.

Would appreciate if any gurus here can advise if I should proceed to change or not. TIA!

Why don't you seek a second option from another workshop.

• Praise 1

Why don't you seek a second option from another workshop.

Last year went to another workshop when I felt the vibration. Workshop only casually mentioned that could be due to engine mounting. But back then I asked if I should change it the guy told me not needed unless vibration becomes worse. This time round I went autobacs and was advised to change it. 

Anyway reason for me not going back to the same workshop cause the guy that I trust no longer works there and has already went back Malaysia.

• Praise 1

Hi bro, left 1 year if change all engine mounting abit  sayang if you intend to scrap the car at the end of the 10th year.

Ofcos if vibration really to much to tahan then have to change. I change Axio mounts over here : 

Eng Hup Autoparts Accessories Co

387J Woodlands Rd Yew Tee Ind Est Singapore 677954. Tel 6769 0452

Much cheaper - you try call in check price.

Hi bro, left 1 year if change all engine mounting abit sayang if you intend to scrap the car at the end of the 10th year.

Ofcos if vibration really to much to tahan then have to change. I change Axio mounts over here :

Eng Hup Autoparts Accessories Co

387J Woodlands Rd Yew Tee Ind Est Singapore 677954. Tel 6769 0452

Much cheaper - you try call in check price.

Thanks bro. Anyway any idea if I do not change will there be any safety issue?

Shldnt be. Juz that steering wheel will be like vibrator!!! Hahhahaha

Oh but but.. Car lose power cos engine vibrate.. Cannot fully transfer power to yr wheels

Edited by Digthis1

Shldnt be. Juz that steering wheel will be like vibrator!!! Hahhahaha

Oh but but.. Car lose power cos engine vibrate.. Cannot fully transfer power to yr wheels

Ok thanks thanks! Asked this cause I remembered the mechanic was mentioning about safety hazard if never change.
↡ Advertisement