Engine Mounting

Sucker

bro, i also changed my engine mountings (mazda 2sp) for $460 last OCt 08...

changed 3 of them...

after changing, ride was smooth with minimal vibration...

Anyway, mountings are wear and tear item...

my driver's side mounting leaks, there is a crack at the rubber joint, which causes the oil to leak onto my engine bay...a very messy affair...

For my case, my rear mount was gone and crackline on one of the sides....That explains why my car vibrate every time I engaged my car in reverse gear.

Thanks for sharing. We learn something new everyday. [wave]

↡ Advertisement

Kimkichin, mine is a 2005 model - SWIFT 1.5 AT. Basically, the problem started recently when I accelerate too suddenly, there will be a slight "thump" sound coming out from the engine area but no other issue when driving it. The workshop told me it's that problem with the engine mounting rubber & quoted me that price. What's the normal rate?

Hi Oogmsn, my cousin got it changed on his Swift for around S$300. Parts & Installation included. All 3 pieces of engine mount changed. Suzuki original parts. ^_^

Regards

Neutral Newbie

Hi Kimkichin, can pm me the workshop he go to? thanks!

Hi Oogmsn, my cousin got it changed on his Swift for around S$300. Parts & Installation included. All 3 pieces of engine mount changed. Suzuki original parts. ^_^

Regards

Sounds more like shift shock to me..... and that is not due to worn/cracked engine mounts.

If you have a tie rod supporting your transmission, maybe the rubber seal around its "eye" is worn out.

When your engine is warmed up, do you still have the "thump" upon sudden acceleration/deceleration?

Anyway, can check first to see if the engine/transmission mounts are still alright. If no problem, why change?

Edited by Dwoon

it will depends on how often you drive

mountings got rubber parts and its located inside the engine compartment

extreme high temp (when engine running and travelling) and cool temp (when the car is unused) will make the rubber parts of the mounting becomes harder

targeted duration (depends on alot of factors such as how often,how far u drive...etc) : about 1 year / 100,000km...

it really depends

once u feel ur ride vibrates during idling...

most likely ur mount is gone

i discover one pool of dried oil stains beneath the mounting on driver side, that is why i know my mounting is gone

plus when mechanic took out the old mounting, can see one 1 cm crack on the underside of the rubber, which explains why the oil leak

Neutral Newbie

Kimkichin, mine is a 2005 model - SWIFT 1.5 AT. Basically, the problem started recently when I accelerate too suddenly, there will be a slight "thump" sound coming out from the engine area but no other issue when driving it. The workshop told me it's that problem with the engine mounting rubber & quoted me that price. What's the normal rate?

My dad swift also got this thump sound when sudden accelerate, than the workshop change ATF and the sound is gone.

WTF so expensive!!! Even mountings for my 520i dont cost anywhere near there!!

I just change them myself. A bit of hassle but still ok.

Thats about the same price I paid for my M323 ones as well. But it was alot cheaper when I was changing for W210's mountings. Almost half price? All original equipment comparison.

Neutral Newbie

anyone knows where and how much to change toyota wish engine mounting? my car vibrate like bus now...

Hi Sniper,

I got my 4 engine mounts changed from my Wish last week. S$380 for both parts and labour. Toyota Original Made in Japan parts. Mechanic advice me take Japan parts. Said Thailand parts not as lasting.

Engine now no more vibrate. Very smooth. :)

anyone vitara drivers here can advise how much does the engine mounting cost? seems to have a bit of vibrations from engine recently.. was told by my friends who play cars mentioning its due to mounting... thanks

anyone vitara drivers here can advise how much does the engine mounting cost? seems to have a bit of vibrations from engine recently.. was told by my friends who play cars mentioning its due to mounting... thanks

Hi bro,

What year is your Vitara? My colleague driving a 07 model. Also rocking quite a bit recently. Maybe engine mount also gone. [rolleyes] He going to get it fix next week.

Sorry, I beg to differ on changing only the damaged unit. The labor is commonly about the 20 - 25% of the part costs and also the downtime to bring the vehicle in for the repairs. When only the damaged unit is changed it would invariably put pressure on the rest of the remaining older units. All of these products have a product time-line for wear-and-tear. Always use OEM parts caused engine mounting is not easy to imitate in quality & the part receives tremendous pressure every day.

A good set of mountings may last for 120k to 150k kmh, time between 3 to 5 years depending of course on the way you drive the vehicle. The mountings that I mentioned here are the non hydraulic type.

Happy motoring! [wave]

U don have to change all ur mounting.change the damage mounting only.cheaper tat way.

↡ Advertisement