Dunlop Direzza DZ101

Aspri

Just want to share something with the brothers and sisters here. My new acquisition as of yesterday is the above Dunlop Direzza DZ101 195/55/R15 84V tyres. My options were: Yokohama C.Drive, Bridgestone G3, Yokohama ES100, Yokohama AVS Sports and Michelin Pilot Preceda (just in case someone here is also trying to narrow down his/her choices in the same range). In the end, I picked the new Dunlop Direzza due to an attractive tread pattern, good reviews from mechanic and competitive pricing.

I haven't been able to find anyone else who's using this model (as it's still relatively new) so if you are using it and can share some experience of this model after longer use, please share it here! I will post the review after my tyres have scrubbed in and probably after 5000km. Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

hi,

m using this dunlop too, 195/50/15, so far so good with this set of tyres however do you find the tyre noise a bit too much ? but the wet grip so far been pretty good, no exp with any other brands such as falken st115 etc as this is my 1st set of wheels

mind sharing ur comments on this dunlop ?

cheers

Tyre noise is fine. I had worse, in fact, I had a lot worse!

I haven't push it to the limit yet as it has not scrubbed in. Tell you in a while as I'm travelling up to Malacca this weekend. See how it goes!

i've been burning mah set of direzza dz101 since late may and have clocked around 12.8k km with it. its simply an all-rounder tyre xcellent in dry & wet..and 2 top it off..its pretty quiet as well. compared to the falkens...its miles bettah. [thumbsup]

btw..m using the 215/45/17.. [sunny]

Having driven both tyres now, I can confidently say DZ101 is way quieter than G3. The G3 gets worse after 10k km.

Sounds very encouraging. I think mine's now barely scrubbed in. Notice that the tyres smell a little everytime I get off the car. Maybe it's new.

Have you pushed the tyres around bends? I still don't have the confidence to push it around bends like those you meet when you drive from Xilin Ave to ECP that kind. sweatdrop.gif I was able to do it with the G3 but I'm still a little experimental with these tyres.

Glad to hear the positive review!

How much did you pay for the tyres. Do they carry the tyre size of 215/70/15 or 205/70/15 or not .

The sound compared to yokohama Aspec DB is it quieter or not. How about the wet weather performance. What about the performance compared to Bridgestone G3 and Bridgestone GR 80.

which one better?

Neutral Newbie

how does it compare to the st115 ? cause this dunlop is my 1st set of wheels so i cant make a comparison,

ever set in cars running on aspec db, pretty quiet and also bridgestone re40 (super noisy)

so far i find this dunlop is good on wet weather though

cheers

Paid 120 for one. I can't tell if they carry the size you want. I did see it being sold at Yap Bros (that's not the place I bought it at though) apart from the place I bought it from (Mobil station at Changi down from the Salvation Army).

I can't comment whether if AspecDB is quieter or not as I didn't exactly inherit a set which was in pristine condition. I would fully expect it to be. However, Direzza and AspecDB are 2 different types of tyres. The Direzza, being a sportier tyre, wouldn't exact have quietness on the top of the design list.

In my opinion, G3 (had an extended run on it) and Direzza are on par.

I drove up to Malacca in the morning and returned in the evening yesterday. I had a cloudy and generally good weather on the way up. Hit 150 or so max without any problems at all. Grip was excellent and it performed in every sense.

Coming back was a different story though. It rained throughout in Johor in various intensity ranging from extremely heavy to light drizzle. Anyhow maximum I hit in those conditions were 130 and the tyres still managed to instil confidence.

The noise generated is bearable except on some road conditions but again that is not a priority for me at all.

I wouldn't go into technical details about all except to say this is a keeper. No regrets at all purchasing it. thumbsup.gif

From what I know, this model is one level below P9000 series (heard that its no longer coming to our shores) and made in Japan (unlike most other Dunlops). These tyres are very grippy and possible better than GIII in the grip department. As it is a performance tyre, it is naturally nosier than Aspec DB or other comfort-based tyres. But generally quieter than GIII (very noisy aft 10K) and ST115 (noisy aft 15K). Not many tyre shops have this tyre as the margin is lower and not easy to get too.

Hope that helps.

hi care to share the view,what tyre size you are running on and what car you driving?

ever sat in Lexus 430SC running on stock bridgestone re040 very good grip and ok noise.

according to my customer said he had doing the tyre rotation regularly so it can help to keep the noise level low.

is yours re40?may be is different tyre?

If you read my previous post, you would know I have already purchased them. I can't see any appreciable difference in terms of performance with the G3 and it's indeed quieter than G3.

If anyone need to find the shop that sold the tyres to me, feel free to PM me.

Hi Aspri,

Thanks for the feedback. nod.gif

If you can, it would be good if you could add your review in the Official Tyres Review thread in the Resources folder here.

Cheers tongue.gif

Hi Aspri,

great reviews! im actually surprised that u found the Direzzas quiet. looking at the torque review they said that it was a hard tyre and was not that quiet. Its good that u compared the noise to the gIII though. now im wondering how the noise compares to the pirelli dragon and preceda cos these are the benchmarks for quiet performance tyres. if its similar i believe this tyre would sell like hotcakes!

anyway i found a good presentation on the direzza here:

http://www.dunloptyres.com.hk/e/tyres-pas-dz101.html

Cheers!

Neutral Newbie

am running on 195/50/R15 on a getz as this is my 1st set of wheels i cant comment with regards to the performance and noise cause no previous experience with ST 115, ES100 etc

seems there are also a group of supporters for the BFGodrich G-force sport too, price of tyre is much cheaper than the dunlop

cheers