I just did DIY oil change

Genie47

Yeohbh has said that the the whole shebang is blackmail. The A/C dryer hardly gives any problem. If we don't service the dryer, they will void the warranty for the A/C system. If they want to replace it every 40k as stated in the manual, either it is damn lousy or it is pure blackmail.

the dryer is optional if working need not to change cause the dryer can last quite long at least 4 to 5 years brother , is their stupid labour is damm expensive ,

so u ops for the normal 20k is 200 plus for sure .

Buy from ACDelco? sly.gif

BTW, I check with Mann oil filter distributor, they don't carry the supersize one. I got one from Song Yi. Has GM label on it but we all know they are ACDelcos.

(edited)

Nevermind. I order the Fumoto drain plug for Daewoos. Just reach under flick switch, oil flows!

See pics.

post-50-1098869867_thumb.gif

post-50-1098869867_thumb.jpg

Edited by Genie47

Neutral Newbie

Bravo thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifnod.gifnod.gifnod.gifnod.gifPosted Image

Sifu, when teach me har? mi eager to learn leh.......Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

errrrgh Sifu and also u still have not teach me the power of lighting bolt using middle finger leh...........Posted Image

I suggest go online and buy the Fumoto Valve if you intend to do this. When DIY, replace the drain plug with the Fumoto. Next time change oil, no need to remove drain plug. Just flick the switch. Save a lot of headaches.

(edited)

Update on this DIY oil change thingy. It failed on the filter removal part.

I was using those cheapo $5.00 Taiwan made crap tool. Poorly finished, the damn tool cut me. The filter has been mangled but trust me, it is not broken. Guys who do oil filter study sweat buckets before they can saw one open.

Got fed up because of poor tools. I prefer the bicycle chain type filter wrench but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Good thing I got cheap Delo 400. I filled it up with it. I can cut my loses by asking the SA mech to remove the filter and put in the remainder I have since the filter takes about 1/2 a quart.

Edited by Genie47