Disposal Of Used Engine Oil

Lrrp

Neutral Newbie

For those who DIY oil change, where do you dispose of your used engine oil? Is there an 'oil bank' where the used oil can be deposited for recycling, or would any garage accept the oil with a fee?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

don;t think so, i remember last time is they are being paid to topup the oil drum,

but now is the other way round... [:|] now is the garage to paid $$$ to dispose the oil

For every 180litre durm of used oil, the shop owner has to pay $$$$ to the oil disposal contrator who in turns sell to the recycling plant.

Wah pian.....then the oil disposal contractor earn from two sides loh...dizzy.gifwhip.gif ..........but ultimately....no money is easy money.......must work for it....

Edited by Burpmonster

In Japan you have to pay the scrapyard about $150.00 to take your car besides the towing charges and other administration fee. It will cost the tyre shops about s$7.00 to dispose of a use tyre. There is alot of money to be make in car scraping business but not many takers because of the social stigma and great shortage of labourers

If I recall correctly the disposal charges is s$25.00 per 180litre drum. Base on this rate you can compute yr damage. But only 3 litre the shop may up the price to five times or more to discourage DIY and protect thier interests

You seems to lack the intelligent and understanding of the serious consequence caused by your care-for-nothing attitude to both the enviroment and our drinking water. People like you do not deserve a place in this planet!!

Listen here, we all drink NEWater here so scrap that idea. At least put it in the old engine oil bottle, label it and leave it at the rubbish disposal for the ENV guys to think of something.

Edited by Genie47

Sorry for replying a month old post but I seriously doubt we "recycle" the basestock from the used motor oil in Singapore. It is really very expensive and the recycled basestock is more expensive than the new basestock made from virgin crude oil.

I suspect the oil just gets incinerated. shocked.gif

Genie is correct, in SG used oil probably does not get recycled so if you have to put the used oil in tightly sealed containers to dispose. NEVER pour into drain or grass area!

Here in the US the autoparts stores and quick lube shops offer free used oil recycling, EPA rules here are very strict so don't play play [sweatdrop]

I think so fair I've passed the 50 gallon mark of recycled oil liao [:p]

Back in the early 70's, there was this Robin group of companies, one the the big boss brother was involved in engine oil recycling. The recycled oil was sold mainly for machinery lubrication where the demands on the oil additives aree very much lower as compared to engines.

In the late 90's I recall reading in the Business Times, the company was awarded an ISO certificate. Just unable to recall the company's name.

MOE will never allow oil be burnt even at the incenerators

Resurrecting a very old thread. A year ago I topped up engine oil at autobacs. Now for autobacs you know it means that they have sell you the bottle of engine oil.

So what happens is i still have half a bottle of engine oil in the boot of my car. I kept it in case my engine leaks I have a backup. But now that I have a new car I was thinking of throwing it away. But throw where? How to dispose?

I read that garages might accept thinking but it's not like I can go to the nearest garage or AD and say here it is. .....

So appreciate if any bro or sis can assist. BTW it's not used engine oil. Relatively brand new. Still in the container that is half used but the oil itself is unused.

Resurrecting a very old thread. A year ago I topped up engine oil at autobacs. Now for autobacs you know it means that they have sell you the bottle of engine oil.

So what happens is i still have half a bottle of engine oil in the boot of my car. I kept it in case my engine leaks I have a backup. But now that I have a new car I was thinking of throwing it away. But throw where? How to dispose?

I read that garages might accept thinking but it's not like I can go to the nearest garage or AD and say here it is. .....

So appreciate if any bro or sis can assist. BTW it's not used engine oil. Relatively brand new. Still in the container that is half used but the oil itself is unused.

Maybe you can give it away or sell in carousel?
↡ Advertisement