Toyota Owners please come in!

DarkLord

For Toyota wish 15-16 model. This original radio head unit from borneo motor, come with USB & SD slot..... but can't play any movie after u plug in either thumb drive or SD card....keep showing wrong format. Is really useless....

Just to check any Wish owner having same problem or any ways to modify this?

Try to convert your files to MP4

Hi bros,

I just got my corolla altis elegance. Just to check when reversing, my CD/radio stops and comes back on when not in reverse. Is this a norm? Anyway to keep listening to music while reversing?

Thks!

There should be an option to turn off your reverse camera on the HU...

↡ Advertisement

My 2.4L Camry only clocks around 6 - 7km/L. Far from the specs of 10km/L....

wah.. u driving WRX or GTR ?

Think u must clean up the throttle body n exhaust manifold...

Ur workshop will be able to advise you...

or u can look for Matthew @ 9686 2404 located at Autobay...

After the cleaning process , ur car can fly.. so much lighter when accelerating..

Downtime abt 3~4 days

Cheers..

• Praise 2

wah.. u driving WRX or GTR ?

Think u must clean up the throttle body n exhaust manifold...

Ur workshop will be able to advise you...

or u can look for Matthew @ 9686 2404 located at Autobay...

After the cleaning process , ur car can fly.. so much lighter when accelerating..

Downtime abt 3~4 days

Cheers..

Haha just an old man's ride.

If on highway it can hit 10km/L. But on urban/city thats the best I could fetch.

Thanks for the sharing. Whats the damage like?

3 to 4 days downtime is a bit of hassle for me too... needs to plan ahead.

Haha just an old man's ride.

If on highway it can hit 10km/L. But on urban/city thats the best I could fetch.

Thanks for the sharing. Whats the damage like?

3 to 4 days downtime is a bit of hassle for me too... needs to plan ahead.

Think better call n let him check.. Edited by Freeder
  • Praise 4

Been wondering for a while now: for the current make of Toyota Corolla Altis, why aren't there many (or any?) red cars on the roads?

I thought the red Altis in the show gallery looks good. Goes well with the black interior... but have not seen any new red cars around lei?

Been wondering for a while now: for the current make of Toyota Corolla Altis, why aren't there many (or any?) red cars on the roads?

I thought the red Altis in the show gallery looks good. Goes well with the black interior... but have not seen any new red cars around lei?

RED looks really good if well maintained.   If parked under the sun,  it will be hotter. 

Turbocharged

Red is not a popular color. Not particularly to altis, most cars are not even red. Unless Ferrari.

Red is not a popular color. Not particularly to altis, most cars are not even red. Unless Ferrari.

The red Mazda 3 & 6 are everywhere! They are gorgeous!

Edited by Zensushi

Yeah, Mazda have nice reds.  If parked under sun, hot or not ?   [laugh]

Imo, Mazda's red is one of the prettiest for a sedan and Ferrari's red too.

Altis also got a few red Devils around. :)

Turbocharged

UMW Toyota recalls Vios, Altis, Yaris, Alphard in M’sia for front passenger airbag inflator replacement

Following Toyota Motor Corp’s massive global recall to replace Takata airbag inflators involving millions of cars worldwide, including some of its best-selling models, local distributor UMW Toyota Motor (UMWT) has announced a “special service campaign” a.k.a. product recall for Malaysia.

This is a big one, and it involves the replacement of the inflator module in the airbag system on the front passenger side in various models. They are the Vios, Corolla Altis, Yaris and Alphard manufactured between October 2007 and December 2011. UMWT says that around 80,000 units are involved, and the figure only includes cars distributed by the official channel. This latest recall is an expansion of earlier campaigns to fix the same Takata airbag issue that has dogged almost all the major Japanese brands. It is the auto industry’s biggest ever recall.

The defect is due to propellant degradation occurring after prolonged exposure to high humidity and temperatures. The inflators contain a non-desiccated, phase stabilised ammonium nitrate propellant that may cause the rupture of the module. If it does, metal fragments will pass through the airbag as it inflates and shoot into the cabin, leading to serious injury or death.

UMWT says that its princpal TMC is currently working on obtaining the necessary parts for the recall. Once the parts are available, UMWT will notify owners, requesting them to bring their cars to an authorised Toyota service centre for a job that will take from one to three hours. All costs will be borne by UMWT.

The company says that it is aware that some customers who are not the first registered owners of the affected cars may not be contactable, and they should contact Toyota service centres or get in touch by Toyota Freephone at 1800-8-TOYOTA (869682). Toyota is also currently updating its VIN database and owners can check their car’s VIN number at this dedicated page.

The inclusion of the Alphard raises questions about the fate of the many grey imports running in Malaysia. We reached out to UMWT and a spokesman said that yes, grey imported Alphards/Vellfires manufactured in the same period (October 2007 and December 2011) will be covered, although it’s only normal for the company to take care of its own customers first. Still, that’s good news for owners of the grey big MPVs. The online VIN checker is only for UMWT cars, so you’ll have to call Toyota Freephone.

http://paultan.org/2...d-yaris-airbag/

Neutral Newbie

Hi,need bro to help up . I just renew my COE . ( toyota vios 06 ) Recently i found my engine oil level low after 10k. Workshop check my engine outer no issue . And suspect piston ring wear off. Any reasonable workshop charge better price ? The workshop charge me 1.3k to 1.8k .

Neutral Newbie

Is it true that vios is a very fuel efficient car? Keep hearing that! How efficient is it?

My manual vios 06 able to run 13L~15L per km .
↡ Advertisement