Toyota Owners please come in!

DarkLord

Thinking of getting a new harrier. 

Anyone knows the agak pricing? 

And also wanna find out whats the main diff between Premium and Elegance... Not sure if it's worth quite a hefty top up!

Thanks so much bros

↡ Advertisement

I collected my new Camry 2.5 last week.  Found that the Camry was not comfortable to drive at all.  I could feel a bump whenever the car goes over a slightly uneven surface.  Sometimes, the car even jolts when the uneven surface is more pronounced.   It is not an exaggeration if I have to describe my ride as feeling a bump or a jolt on average every ten seconds or so on a road or highway, going at no more than 40 to 70km/h.  I drove on the KPE, PIE, CTE, AYE and the results are more or less the same, the bumps are always there.

I drove a old Camry (2002-2005 model) for 3 years, hence, I was able to make a comparison, and felt that a Camry that is worth its salt should not exhibit such performance. 

So after 2 days of driving after collecting my new Camry, I went to BM in Ubi for a checkup.  The service personnel checked the tire pressure and found it to be 42 psi.  The tires was re-pressurised to 33 psi.  I drove together with the service personnel as passenger for a test drive afterwards.  The bumps are still there.  I told him that my old Camry did not exhibit such bumpiness. He replied that the new Camry has a new suspension and thus a comparison between the Old Camry and New Camry cannot be made.

So I continued to drive for a few days.  However, the frequency of the bumpiness bugged me.  I decided to bring my car down to BM again, but this time to BM in Leng Kee for a 2nd opinion.  The service personnel asked me if my tires are pressurized correctly, which I replied yes.  He then brought the car for a test drive, while I became the passenger.   On the test drive journey, I pointed out to him the bumps as the car went was driven around the Leng Kee area.  He pointed that the Camry suspension had been changed to a stiffer one, since the 2012 model was introduced.  The 2002-2005 model (the one that I drove previously), and the 2006-2009 model were using the softer shock absorbers, and thus afforded a more comfortable ride.   Interestingly, he pointed out that the Lexus ES250 shared the same engine and suspension system as the Camry 2.5. 

I asked the service personnel if other Camry (2015 model) users like me had also complained about a bumpy ride, and he replied yes.  However, there was nothing BM could do about it, as this is the suspension system that Toyota has put in for the Camry 2.5. Changing to a new one will not resolve the problem.  However, he pointed out that this suspension system has its advantages, as it provides more stability for the car while doing fast cornering, which the suspension in the older Camry model does not provide. 

My opinion?  I would trade in this new suspension for the previous suspension anytime, for the sake of a smoother ride (of course, the new suspension and old suspension are not inter-changeable).  I bought the new Camry for two primary reasons: cabin quietness, and a smooth and comfortable ride.  The new Camry fulfilled the 1st reason with flying colours - it is definitely quieter than my old Camry.  However, it is nowhere as comfortable as my old Camry, and if I may add, it is just way too uncomfortable for my liking.  

I got a colleague who bought his 2015 Camry 2.0 a few months ago.  I asked whether he encountered the same problem like me.  He replied that he was satisfied with his new car and did not notice any bumps.  He too was a previous Camry user.  To get a fair opinion, I will seek a chance to sit in his car and feel for any difference, and also, for him to sit in my car, and get his feedback.

Will update you guys on this in a later post.  If there is indeed a difference after comparing my friend's car with my car, then I think there is something really wrong, and BM should do something to rectify this bumpiness problem.

Any 2015 Camry owners, care to comment?  Thank you in advance.

Any updates?

Before purchase, did the test drive car have the same issue?

Changing tyres may help. 

Hi

I'm new to this thread.....

Anyone know if we can connect the the rooftop monitor or player to the head unit of toyota wish ?

(mean showing same display on both screen)

Thanks

It is possible for the HU to be displayed on the Rooftop monitor. I wanted to question why BM didn't do that cable running. They are just lazy.

Neutral Newbie

It is possible for the HU to be displayed on the Rooftop monitor. I wanted to question why BM didn't do that cable running. They are just lazy.

Hi Bro

How and anyone workshop can do it?

Thanks

Any updates?

Before purchase, did the test drive car have the same issue?

Changing tyres may help. 

I test-drive my colleague's Camry and he did the same on my car.  Conclusion was it is acceptable to him.

I have come to terms on this. 

I test-drive my colleague's Camry and he did the same on my car.  Conclusion was it is acceptable to him.

I have come to terms on this. 

Ok.  Maybe you want to take note of the tyres of the test drive car and change to that.  It might help.

Edited by Kklee

Any upcoming meetup for Toyota Altis or/and Toyota Wish? Used to have some Toyota Forums (TCS, Altis, Wish) meetup in the past but the forums are no longer around. If we can share about our ride would be useful to all,

Has anyone driving the BM Altis, Wish or Carmy changed their original stock Toyota HU to the after market Pioneer HU? Will the steering wheel remote and reverse camera still be working on the after market HU?

hi folks,

completely noob so using this thread to post a question.

I have 2006 Altis and recently i have started noticing a burning smell coming from the engine. I opened the bonnet and realized that there were few drops of coolant splattered over the engine. I am assuming it is some kind of a coolant leak? temp gauge remains steady and i haven't noticed any over heating.

I didn't open the coolant cap and will look at the coolant quantity later as well.

In the meantime, looking forward to your suggestions and guidance.

cheers.

Edited by IPerfectStranger

Hi, im a new owner of the Axio 1.5 X ,

am wondering, what is this 2 button for? this picture i got it online but these exact 2 buttons, whats the function? Am loving the car very much!

Also, is there  any user manual in English for the axio 1.5x facelift model ?Auto transmission. been searching but cant find

How is your fc? Thinking of replacing my old car but budget issues, this axio falls within my radar but the interior space is smaller than my old toyota.

↡ Advertisement