Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
10 replies to this topic | 77 praises

Posted 25 November 2004 - 12:58 AM

Zirhk
  • Zirhk
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi Guys

This is for those whom had not already known. Grandisan would be participating in the Annual Charity Fair by Children Charities' Association (CCA).

There are more than 80 stalls of F&B, handicrafts, souvenirs, toys and games stalls to keep your family entertained for the whole day!

Details as follows :-
What: Colours of the World Charity Fair 2004
When: 28 Nov 04, 10:00am to 6:00pm
Where: Ngee Ann City, Civic Plaza

Grandisan's Booths: H29 & H30 (near games' stalls)

Items For Sale at Grandisan's Booths:
1. Sunshades (for front windscreen)
2. Aluminum water bottles (I love this!)
3. Plastic water bottles (Your kids will love this!)
4. Lanyard / dog tags (for hanging hp, passes, etc)
5. Hotstuff magazines (latest issues)
6. STEER magazines (latest issues)
7. SPAWN toy figurines (limited edition)

Services For Sale:
1. Balloon-scruplturing (for kids!)

Products and services are generously sponsored by YHI Corp P/L, MMXPL Co and kind forum donors respectively. All proceedings would be FULLY donated to CCA.

There would also be a registration desk for new members, so if you have a shy Grandis owner wanting to join us, bring him/her down!

Hope to see you there!

Sincerely Yours,
Administrator for GRANDISAN: The Grandis People
http://www.grandisan.com

Posted 25 November 2004 - 04:46 PM

Gadgeter
Hi there,

Welcome to MCF, we hope you enjoy your stay with us.

So, you guys are the other group of people at Bishan on Friday night..

Cheers.
What Happens on the Road, Stays on the Road.
The Gadgeter
In Loving Memory: 1930 - 2008 Feb 24.

Posted 25 November 2004 - 08:45 PM

Zirhk
  • Zirhk
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi

Yes I guess we are 'neighbours' at R&R. Always see you guys at the other side (under your yellow banner) but did not know anyone, so didn't approach...

Posted 26 November 2004 - 10:03 AM

Gadgeter
Some of us will be wearing the MCF tees...

We normally reach there around 9:30pm..
The Gadgeter

Posted 27 November 2004 - 01:32 AM

Zirhk
  • Zirhk
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Saw you guys today but very difficult to approach because we do not know anyone. We are the group near the rubbish dump (eh that doesn't sound very nice...keke). There is another group under your yellow banner - that's Arofanatic, the fish people.

Perhaps you can contact me at 94523535, so we can have a drink next time!

Or, drop by the charity fair on Sunday - all my moderators would be there... thumbsup.gif

Edited by Zirhk, 27 November 2004 - 01:35 AM.

Posted 29 November 2004 - 10:11 AM

Gadgeter
Paiseh... saw your reply a bit late... I dun normally log-in on weekends..

Recorded your number..

will give you a call this coming friday..
The Gadgeter

Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:53 PM

Freeder
  • Premium member
    Freeder
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

https://www.passiton...nt-a-wish?&pg=1

Pls take a look at this website...
Most of the cases sibei cham..😓😓😓
Mercs, Spring, Sunny, Angcheek, Uncle2, Carbon82, Atonchia and 2 other members praised this

Posted 01 August 2017 - 11:07 PM

Atonchia
  • Atonchia
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

https://www.passiton...nt-a-wish?&pg=1

Pls take a look at this website...
Most of the cases sibei cham..ððð

124 cases across Singapore.

Most of the required donation are quite small amounts.

The family asking for 6 pack of wet wipes for the baby girl really made me feel sad.

Think they could need more help than the wet wipes.
Still2016 praised this
Be not afraid of moving slowly. Be afraid only of standing still.

Posted 01 August 2017 - 11:56 PM

Mahjong74
  • Premium member
    Mahjong74
    6th Gear
    Author Image

124 cases across Singapore.

Most of the required donation are quite small amounts.

The family asking for 6 pack of wet wipes for the baby girl really made me feel sad.

Think they could need more help than the wet wipes.

It is almost 100+ cases monthly. Around 40 to 50% are closed monthly by those generous donors. 

These poor families are visited and monitor closely by various government agencies and social workers.

But most of the time, the $400 to $700 allowance not really enough for them to survive every month. 

Some elderly asking for beds cos they are sleeping on the floor. 

Some elderly in their 70s to 80s asking for water heater, adult diapers, 

Many families and single parent can't afford milk powders for their babies. 

I visited quite a few families with the social workers and yes, I feel sad for them. 

I only able to help 4 to 5 cases every month for the past 2 years. (its only like $300 to $500 monthly, not a lot to the people here)

I believe in 取之于社会 用之于社会 

Hope more people can donate whenever they are moving house, or during spring cleaning...............Thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• Helping.jpg

Edited by Mahjong74, 02 August 2017 - 12:02 AM.

RH1667, Jman888 and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:56 AM

Atonchia
  • Atonchia
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

It is almost 100+ cases monthly. Around 40 to 50% are closed monthly by those generous donors.

These poor families are visited and monitor closely by various government agencies and social workers.
But most of the time, the $400 to $700 allowance not really enough for them to survive every month.

Some elderly asking for beds cos they are sleeping on the floor.
Some elderly in their 70s to 80s asking for water heater, adult diapers,
Many families and single parent can't afford milk powders for their babies.

I visited quite a few families with the social workers and yes, I feel sad for them.

I only able to help 4 to 5 cases every month for the past 2 years. (its only like $300 to $500 monthly, not a lot to the people here)

I believe in åä¹äºç¤¾ä¼ ç¨ä¹äºç¤¾ä¼

Hope more people can donate whenever they are moving house, or during spring cleaning...............Thanks

Agreed.

Last Saturday I did my monthly grocery delivery to one of the recipient.

Referred by IMH, he was only a year old than me, he also suffered from degenerative disease, csn he said have difficulty finding jobs, received a $600 monthly subsidy.

Have outstanding utilities bill + outstanding conservancy charges from TC and was issued a court summon for unpaid TC bills.

He was staying in a one room rental unit. Used to have a fiancee, but she walk out last month, was told he may lose his rental unit if he doesn't get married. Because it was offered to him as a couple scheme. But now not going to happened and he now face risk of eviction.

His social worker advise to withhold the info to HDB 1st while looking for alternative.

I didn't check with HDB if the rental unit require married couple to rent.

I have been delivering his unit for close to 1.5 years before he opened up and share the issues with me. So I think his problem are genuine.

We were brief not to directly assist the recipients financially, and refer back to the VWO and VWO will refer to their social workers to follow up.
Mahjong74, RH1667 and 1 Anonymous member praised this
Be not afraid of moving slowly. Be afraid only of standing still.

Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:35 AM

Mahjong74
  • Premium member
    Mahjong74
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Agreed.

Last Saturday I did my monthly grocery delivery to one of the recipient.

Referred by IMH, he was only a year old than me, he also suffered from degenerative disease, csn he said have difficulty finding jobs, received a $600 monthly subsidy.

Have outstanding utilities bill + outstanding conservancy charges from TC and was issued a court summon for unpaid TC bills.

He was staying in a one room rental unit. Used to have a fiancee, but she walk out last month, was told he may lose his rental unit if he doesn't get married. Because it was offered to him as a couple scheme. But now not going to happened and he now face risk of eviction.

His social worker advise to withhold the info to HDB 1st while looking for alternative.

I didn't check with HDB if the rental unit require married couple to rent.

I have been delivering his unit for close to 1.5 years before he opened up and share the issues with me. So I think his problem are genuine.

We were brief not to directly assist the recipients financially, and refer back to the VWO and VWO will refer to their social workers to follow up.

No worries.

I came across these cases before. The social workers able to secure another rental unit from HDB but the he or she got to share the rental unit with another person of similar situation. 

So far, I haven't heard of HDB or VWO leaving these people homeless and helpless. 

Atonchia praised this

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: Your, Charity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users