Do Your Bit For Charity!

Zirhk

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guys

This is for those whom had not already known. Grandisan would be participating in the Annual Charity Fair by Children Charities' Association (CCA).

There are more than 80 stalls of F&B, handicrafts, souvenirs, toys and games stalls to keep your family entertained for the whole day!

Details as follows :-

What: Colours of the World Charity Fair 2004

When: 28 Nov 04, 10:00am to 6:00pm

Where: Ngee Ann City, Civic Plaza

Grandisan's Booths: H29 & H30 (near games' stalls)

Items For Sale at Grandisan's Booths:

1. Sunshades (for front windscreen)

2. Aluminum water bottles (I love this!)

3. Plastic water bottles (Your kids will love this!)

4. Lanyard / dog tags (for hanging hp, passes, etc)

5. Hotstuff magazines (latest issues)

6. STEER magazines (latest issues)

7. SPAWN toy figurines (limited edition)

Services For Sale:

1. Balloon-scruplturing (for kids!)

Products and services are generously sponsored by YHI Corp P/L, MMXPL Co and kind forum donors respectively. All proceedings would be FULLY donated to CCA.

There would also be a registration desk for new members, so if you have a shy Grandis owner wanting to join us, bring him/her down!

Hope to see you there!

Sincerely Yours,

Administrator for GRANDISAN: The Grandis People

http://www.grandisan.com

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi

Yes I guess we are 'neighbours' at R&R. Always see you guys at the other side (under your yellow banner) but did not know anyone, so didn't approach...

Neutral Newbie

Saw you guys today but very difficult to approach because we do not know anyone. We are the group near the rubbish dump (eh that doesn't sound very nice...keke). There is another group under your yellow banner - that's Arofanatic, the fish people.

Perhaps you can contact me at 94523535, so we can have a drink next time!

Or, drop by the charity fair on Sunday - all my moderators would be there... [thumbsup]

Edited by Zirhk

124 cases across Singapore.

Most of the required donation are quite small amounts.

The family asking for 6 pack of wet wipes for the baby girl really made me feel sad.

Think they could need more help than the wet wipes.

It is almost 100+ cases monthly. Around 40 to 50% are closed monthly by those generous donors. 

These poor families are visited and monitor closely by various government agencies and social workers.

But most of the time, the $400 to $700 allowance not really enough for them to survive every month. 

Some elderly asking for beds cos they are sleeping on the floor. 

Some elderly in their 70s to 80s asking for water heater, adult diapers, 

Many families and single parent can't afford milk powders for their babies. 

I visited quite a few families with the social workers and yes, I feel sad for them. 

I only able to help 4 to 5 cases every month for the past 2 years. (its only like $300 to $500 monthly, not a lot to the people here)

I believe in 取之于社会 用之于社会 

Hope more people can donate whenever they are moving house, or during spring cleaning...............Thanks

post-5639-0-62190000-1501602947_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mahjong74
  • Praise 4

It is almost 100+ cases monthly. Around 40 to 50% are closed monthly by those generous donors.

These poor families are visited and monitor closely by various government agencies and social workers.

But most of the time, the $400 to $700 allowance not really enough for them to survive every month.

Some elderly asking for beds cos they are sleeping on the floor.

Some elderly in their 70s to 80s asking for water heater, adult diapers,

Many families and single parent can't afford milk powders for their babies.

I visited quite a few families with the social workers and yes, I feel sad for them.

I only able to help 4 to 5 cases every month for the past 2 years. (its only like $300 to $500 monthly, not a lot to the people here)

I believe in åä¹äºç¤¾ä¼ ç¨ä¹äºç¤¾ä¼

Hope more people can donate whenever they are moving house, or during spring cleaning...............Thanks

Agreed.

Last Saturday I did my monthly grocery delivery to one of the recipient.

Referred by IMH, he was only a year old than me, he also suffered from degenerative disease, csn he said have difficulty finding jobs, received a $600 monthly subsidy.

Have outstanding utilities bill + outstanding conservancy charges from TC and was issued a court summon for unpaid TC bills.

He was staying in a one room rental unit. Used to have a fiancee, but she walk out last month, was told he may lose his rental unit if he doesn't get married. Because it was offered to him as a couple scheme. But now not going to happened and he now face risk of eviction.

His social worker advise to withhold the info to HDB 1st while looking for alternative.

I didn't check with HDB if the rental unit require married couple to rent.

I have been delivering his unit for close to 1.5 years before he opened up and share the issues with me. So I think his problem are genuine.

We were brief not to directly assist the recipients financially, and refer back to the VWO and VWO will refer to their social workers to follow up.

• Praise 3

Agreed.

Last Saturday I did my monthly grocery delivery to one of the recipient.

Referred by IMH, he was only a year old than me, he also suffered from degenerative disease, csn he said have difficulty finding jobs, received a $600 monthly subsidy.

Have outstanding utilities bill + outstanding conservancy charges from TC and was issued a court summon for unpaid TC bills.

He was staying in a one room rental unit. Used to have a fiancee, but she walk out last month, was told he may lose his rental unit if he doesn't get married. Because it was offered to him as a couple scheme. But now not going to happened and he now face risk of eviction.

His social worker advise to withhold the info to HDB 1st while looking for alternative.

I didn't check with HDB if the rental unit require married couple to rent.

I have been delivering his unit for close to 1.5 years before he opened up and share the issues with me. So I think his problem are genuine.

We were brief not to directly assist the recipients financially, and refer back to the VWO and VWO will refer to their social workers to follow up.

No worries.

I came across these cases before. The social workers able to secure another rental unit from HDB but the he or she got to share the rental unit with another person of similar situation. 

So far, I haven't heard of HDB or VWO leaving these people homeless and helpless. 

• Praise 1

(edited)

I am serious about donation. I often donate to charity organization. Usually it's money. To the local charities I bring food and clothes. Also I take part in charity activities and try to involve my friends into it. Helping ppl is a rewarding work.

Edited by Micassa
↡ Advertisement