Leon Cupra R Bodykit for Seat Toledo

Vipertoledo

(edited)

Hi Jhoo,

I see your immune system is getting weaker... looks like you are susceptable to full blown Mod-Virus...hiak hiak...

Okay as I don't have time to setup a webpage now, I'll let the cat out the bag what the full CAI setup is like. Here's the Green Twister, here in a rare transparent case so that you can see if the cotton mesh filter is dirty. The Fog lamp hole is 2" in diameter, fed by a 4" venturi cone scoop of the fog lamp holder. Air velocity will be very fast going into the CAI tube. The CAI tube itself is 2.5" all the way up, opening wider at 3" at the Twister. The CAI Tube is heat shielded.

From the picture, the Twister is further heat shielded from the hot air coming out of the radiator. This setup maintains the Twister temperature at about 35-40 deg C. Without the heat shield, everything in the bay will be running at a hot 60 dec C. So basic rule of thumb is keep hot air out of the whole CAI area by blocking every possible hole, leaving the CAI tube to take the cooler outside air in.

There is definite improvement in low-end torque as it is evident during city driving and with 2nd gear going up the carpark slope. Flooring the gas on 4/5th gear going at 100+kmh gives an nice induction tune that wasn't there before. I think the ram-air effect contributes to the distinct sound.

post-22-1106758038_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vipertoledo

(edited)

Today, had the final touch up on the kit with the roof spoiler put on. Total time taken is 2.5 days. The workshop where it was done at is ADSM at Kim Chuan Drive. I had a very good experience there.

Here's more pics. A BMW owner came over to admire the car. [sunny]

post-22-1106758584_thumb.jpg

post-22-1106758585_thumb.jpg

post-22-1106758586_thumb.jpg

post-22-1106758587_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vipertoledo

Neutral Newbie

Congrats on your "reborn" Tody thumbsup.gif

Very nicely done, especially in this colour inlove.gif

OK.....so when can I borrow your ride to Orchard and jio some Nippon Bunnies gorgeous.gif ??? laugh.gif

( *** Shhhhh.....later smash.gif by someone hor ... tongue.gif )

And to borrow a quote from Mr. WTF rolleyes.gif....... you will need some 18" for the "MANDOM" !!! smash.gif

laugh.giflaugh.gifPosted Image

Neutral Newbie

*** OUCH !! dizzy.gif

bigcry.gifbigcry.gifbigcry.gif

But you have to admit ........ it's time for him to take the ultimate PATH ..... THE one and only ..... Muahahahaha ... sly.gif

Nicely done man... very choo ah... what's the damage done on your pocket?

Heh...damage is about $3500. But between buying a new car and doing this mod, I would say that this mod has a unique feeling of satisfaction - its creating the one of a kind look that appeals to me especially since the number of Toledos on the road is declining.

Neutral Newbie

Woo... That's a investment... to me, it's worth it man... a new born look that will not make you feel boring everything you enter the cockpit...

(edited)

Hi Mel, the ultimate path for me? Won't it be lovely to see a 1.8T with MTM chip. Maybe the guys at West Coast Customs or Monster Garage can help....heh heh.

Heh...don't need to borrow my car to attract chio gals lah. Your car also very chio [gorgeous] We should do a photo shoot before the your ride changes.

Edited by Vipertoledo

(edited)

Jhoo and Pat,

Having driven around for 2 days, here's what I would recommend for the CAI.

Firstly, I would recommend taking the air from the front because that is where there is positive air pressure that makes a difference in the high end. Its cheaper than installing an electric air charger.

Secondly, having a venturi effect seems effective in improving the low end and I suspect it is because it increases the velocity of the air going in by reducing turbulance. I have a 2.5" Diameter pipe to 3.5" cone that was custom fabricated at Jeep Chee that can provide that venturi effect. Pat, if you're interested, drop me a PM and I can pass it to you. Its in unfinished steel, so you should paint it a cool colour of your choice.

The maximum pipe diameter that can squeeze into the Toledo's wheel well is 2.5". If you try a 3" pipe, it'll have to be shaped into oval at one particular point and that won't be good.

If I had more money and guts, I would relocate the battery into the boot and build an extra large heat shielded enclosure to put an open-pod cone fed by cold air. But constrains of reality meant a Twister is the most practical and effective.

Edited by Vipertoledo