AMSOIL rocks!

PowerRanger

Neutral Newbie

I'd like to find out something- I noticed on Amsoil's website that they do offer 1-gallon bottles, just wondering whether it's cheaper to get the 1-gal one instead of the 1-quart ones? And also, are there any guys here using the Amsoil Super Duty oil filter?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi Esky,

Sorry [:p] been caught up with work and exams [sweatdrop]

The 1-gallon bottles of AMSOIL are packed for convenience rather than price, so won't see substantial savings with getting the gallon bottles.

We do not have Super Duty Filters at this time.

Cheers [sunny]

Neutral Newbie

Oh.... sorry to disturb yr work and exams...

So u guys simply change with the OEM oil filter every 6-mth haa?

Neutral Newbie

The choice of filters are subjective. I used Series 2000 on my Volvo S70T5 last time and changed the OEM filter at 5000km as I ran the oil to 10k.

In my Ford I use the OEM till 6 months [;)]

There's a long list of premium filter vs regular filter in the US so using a premium filter definitely can stretch the oil filter interval as well. If you can find K&N oil filter in SG that's the best I'd recommend.

Neutral Newbie

K&N ones are being sold at JB Speedworks at around RM60 or so... u not gonna get yr ride one of those bypass filters? Next time can bring back to S'pore for continued savings! [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

hi, I'm interested to get the Amsoil, you know who to get from? I hv filled in my particulars but no one call me.

My servicing is almost due, would like to try the Amsoil.

i am now using caltex super syn...can i change to amsoil 2000 directly during my servicing? will amsoil series 2000 have higher FC?

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guys,

Could you advise how does the Amsoil 0W-30 compares with the Mobil 1 TriSynth 0W-40?

Which is better for our Singapore climate?

0W-30 or 0W-40?

Thanks [:)]

recently i do my engine oil check...i found that the oil became more darker brown...i am currently using amsoil series 2000, when i first after servicing i remmember that it was very light golden brown when i check on the next day...any problems with my engine oil?