AMSOIL rocks!

PowerRanger

Neutral Newbie

Hi, can I check wif u guys wat is the API rating for Amsoil oil? i.e. SJ, SK or SL??

Heard tt Kah motors allow customers to bring in their own oil but not sure if usage of this Amsoil oil will void the warranty.... etc. e.g. did not met required industrial standards etc.

↡ Advertisement

Okay....I am confused [crazy]

Which amsoil / engine oil to get:

- amsoil 5w30

- amsoil 2000 5w30

- redline 5w30

- stick with shell helix ultra.... [sweatdrop]

My requirements are simple:

- cheap n good (not overpay for something I dun need)

- fuel efficient (which i reckon = 5w30)

- no harm to my ride (Jazz: normal driving with occassional sprited driving to avoid bullies on the road, non-cheongster)

Question

- Is Amsoil 5w30 good enuf? i.e., no nid amsoil 2000 or redline....

Feedback and comments on oil appreciated...cheers!!

Southpark

The Dude

[flowerface]

Of course you are confused. You are looking at brands.

Firstly, what car are you driving. I don't mean brand. I mean is it performance or normal grocery getter car? Then comes application. Daily drives with some congestion but mostly highway miles or urban with lots of idling, short trips and stop-start?

To tell you the truth, all motor oils are good enough. Its just that how much are you willing to fork out.

What I use might be uncomfortable to you. For instance, I use mineral oil, 10W30 rating covering 10k mileage and it costs me only $20 for 4qts.

*cough* [sweatdrop]

I normal grocery-getter....Honda Jazz.

Shld not pay more than I need to - but guess minimally a synethetic

Thanks in advance for the quick reply, Genie

Southpark

The Dude

That engine can go down to 5W20 but I would suggest a 10W30 for better temperature stability. Any 10W30 will do and since you wanted synthetic, look for the cheapest synthetic you can find easily. 10W30 is not easy to find locally from Big Oil. Best bet are with the private dealers like MCF selling Amsoil. There is an Amsoil 10W30 if do not know.

Gracias sir,

I know you'll scream at me but.....

*small voice* any difference in brands / brands to recommend? smash.gif

Amsoil seems popular here - i noe me newbie to all these, sweatdrop.gif when no see established brands like shell and mobil....

Southpark

The Dude

Thanks Genie,

You are a real expert when it comes to engine oil man! [thumbsup][scholar]

Will bear that in mind.....

*repeats* 10w30 10w30 10w30 10w30 10w30 10w30 [hur]

Southpark

The Dude

Hello there, hope this info helps, i just serviced jazzie for 30k, and put in Amsoil 5w30. So far covered 100k with that and feels good, engine runs quite smoothly! thumbsup.gif

(edited)

[reply]

Hello there, hope this info helps, i just serviced jazzie for 30k, and put in Amsoil 5w30. So far covered 100k with that and feels good, engine runs quite smoothly! thumbsup.gif

Thanks Jazziegirl,

Am thinking abt whether to go for AMSOIL ($17 per quart) sweatdrop.gif for my next servicing or wait for M1 5w30 lelong ($10 per quart) thumbsup.gif at Carrefour / Giant.

Of course, i am almost convinced that AMSOIL is good (checked out this motor oil bible) but am always thinking is it an overkill? confused.gif

My rationale tells me this:

- Baseline, I am on SHU (yeah - was a sucker to Honda servicing), but would argue that it is okay oil (will not spoil car lah)

- SHU costs $54 for 4L - this establishes the baseline price.

- So I nid a better oil for $54 or less. Slightly more is okay.

AMSOIL 5w30 & 10w30 is $17 per quart or $68 per servicing (4 quarts) sweatdrop.gif [anyone got lobang? idea.gif]

Am told M1 is as good as if not better than SHU - unless any experts tell me M1 CMI.... sweatdrop.gif

RP has lots of moly but dunno good for car or not; also hear it's a blend and not full syn....

So it's a toss-up. Anyway, still got lots of time b4 servicing...

Southpark

The Dude

Edited by Southpark2000

Hi hi!

Well, how about getting another 2 kakis to go for the carton buy for the 5w30, each of you take 4 bottles, just nice. cost-wise, more worth it than getting 4 quarts separately. nod.gif

if you can, try it out for yourself, then you'll know/feel thedifference too. nod.gif

can always keep the engine oil till servicing time, no worries ma.wink.gif

Boy, this Amsoil really damn good! My states friend did tell me to try this oil when we spoke abt cars as this brand is very very popular in US but unknown here.

After driving off from the servicing mech, very noticeably, the engine revs much more willingly and also very noticeably - much quieter too! I was using Mobil 1 before this and I never had this feeling before when I used the Mobil or Shell Helix.

So happy was I that I didnt mind taking wrong turns this whole week on the roads as I enjoyed driving very much. I am still monitoring fuel consumption as I strongly believe the improved throttle response will improve fuel economy.

One word to describe this lub - EXCELLENT!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wanted to say that it's been a week-ish since the servicing and I have to agree, Amsoil ROCKS!!

Engine is really revving quite good, quieter and powerful too! Makes long-distance driving such a pleasant ride! thumbsup.gif

I took Amsoil 5W30 to Pasir Gudang. Done a couple of punishing laps with it and after that, came back SG, never change oil.

So far, can feel the oil is still good.. as in engine is not noisy and pretty smooth on the high gears.

hi

i'm new here, i would like to know more about AMSOIL oil and u. May i ask:

1.) r u dealer for AMSOIL? if yes, pse state address?

2.) hv any nissan sunny owner tested AMSOIL?

3.) how much increase in km or % using AMSOIL?

4.) Any negative feedback fr ppl using AMSOIL?

as u might already guess, i'm diving FL N16 04. Going servicing soon, so hope to feed my ride something gd, instead of Fas...w.

Thank you

Regards,

TS

Neutral Newbie

Hello,

Am wondering whether you guys are bringing in AMSOIL engine flush.

Saw in their web that it is good to use them before the next oil change.

[;)]

↡ Advertisement