Noisy Civic...

Cyrix

Neutral Newbie

Hi all

Recently I changed to high compression cams...namely toda C....after switching....my car became very noisy....is it normal???....my mechanic say its because of the toda C tt's y its very noisy....any bros can help me out here???wan to keep the car from too noisy...and i now its not from my exhuast as its noisy even when idling.....

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi bro,

adjust your valve lash according to the toda spec...it will help a bit but basically high cam is noisy at idle...thumbsup.gif

How's the idle?

Neutral Newbie

yup...mine is a DOHC....they got produce cams for SOHC meh.....idling..wat to expect...its on the high side...roughly 1.1 to 1.2.....wan to try mah....c how is it....

Neutral Newbie

no leh....i used the toda cam gear....came with the cams....y??? is tt adjustible???....would it be beta if i use the adjustible one??? wat's the diff???

Neutral Newbie

then it should be adjustable, u can dial your cam for more hp, fill up the flat spot, better mid range...etc..thumbsup.gif

Preferbly to be done on dyno...thumbsup.gif

Neutral Newbie

bro...wat u mean by dial ur cam???....u mean controlling the air/fuel ratio????....or u mean physically altering the cam gear???

Neutral Newbie

bro...so u saying there is no way to lower down the noise lah..unless i change to normal cams lah...yes???