How to maintain the shining glow of black car?

Heynsl

I am having headaches in maintaining the glowing shine of my black car which i just bought about 4 - 5 mths ago...

can anyone advise me?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Cheap ways:

Delusional method. Repeat after me...

My car is clean and shining

Resignation method. Repeat after me...

It's cool to drive a dirty car

Expensive way:

Go have it detailed professionally.

[sweatdrop] way:

Buy the products and do yourself [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

I also got black car, and use a combination of 1st and 3rd ways [laugh][laugh][laugh] ... always kena swirl marks one... later then save money for professionals [:/]

After 6 weeks, hubby and i have thrown in the towel. [dead] We are sending the car for Glare this thursday. Maybe we'll post pics of our before and after Glare... not advertising for them or anything, but just to assure ourselves that the $488 is worth it! [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

glare will not last forever.... sweatdrop.gif

best way to keep black car shine is as mentioned previously by another member: psycho yourself!

another slightly more expensive way is to..... spray the car sliver?! laugh.gif then no worries liao! scholar.gif

Neutral Newbie

matt black? how? use sand paper to sand the whole car? kekekeke

joking joking... must be becos of the late nite! hahaha wink.gif

glare will not last forever....

[bigcry][bigcry] thats the saddest part. Thing is, our car's paintwork also doesn't look too great and we want to maintain it as well as bring out the shine for as long as we can... sometimes with all the dirt, it doesn't look like an SFQ car... [:/]

seriously, all the money that we spend on car polish and grooming and stuff.. isnt it better if we save it up and change the colour of our ride ?

new paint will definately be better.. no ? [bounce2]

Neutral Newbie

black cars look the best provided they are maintained well. Its a tradeoff. Actually with regular maintenance, its not so bad. Wash rims every 2 days, body every 3-4 days, before driving use featherduster on the car, kena birdshit remove immediately.. [sweatdrop] ..lol...its mad lar, but its also passion.

Having a black car requires lots of patience. If you're not up to the effort, get a silver one. Glare/Ultrashield/Zaino etc don't last forever...after a week your car will be dirty again.

To be reasonable, a once a week wash of 1 1/2 hours is good enough to keep it shiny. Good luck! :)

Neutral Newbie
glare will not last forever.... sweatdrop.gif

best way to keep black car shine is as mentioned previously by another member: psycho yourself!

another slightly more expensive way is to..... spray the car sliver?! laugh.gif then no worries liao! scholar.gif

No such polish last forever!

However, Glare provide 18 months warranty. Even after the 18 months is up, my car still shiny [sunny][sunny]

i know and i've done mad stuff myself too (my ride is also black).

just thinking that since i'm gona keep sending my car for glare, zaino and stuff.. why not just save up the money the do a repray... weekly maintanance is not a problem.. keeps myself "busy" and helps bond my "wife" and i together too.. [:p]

Neutral Newbie

yup, agreed...considering that glare etc cost $488 for 18 months protection, 3 years later and $976 richer, I can go for a complete respray. Or, be less lazy, stock up on some polishes/waxes and DIY. $100 worth of stuff can last you around 2-3 years.

Alternatively, why not head to malaysia to get glared.One of the guys got his done at RM488, 7 layers of glare. Don't think anyone in Sg does 7 layers for half the price.

Hi, i have also send my black ride to Glare about 1 week after my collection. Same as yours, it's an SFQ one. [:)] For maintaining the shine, i jus wash with the Glare shampoo every week and re-apply the Glare Pro-Action polish. So far so good, the shine is still there. [;)] IMHO, Glare is an easier option to chose despite its cost as compare to waxing and also you will find that foreign particles like birdshit..etc is much easlier to removed simply by using a wet tissue. [:)] I got my package at the Motorshow so it's $388.00 and the $50.00 additional for Black or White ride is being waived off. [:)] Will try to post my pic soon. [:)]

↡ Advertisement