Changing the water in ur radiator tank...How often?

Boy_vin

Neutral Newbie

As the question above asks...

last time when i drive my suzuki swift...FC about 11-12km per litre...then 1 day i hand itchy want to try flush out the water inside & put new water inside...

i got buy 1 bottle of green colour coolant frm Autobacs la...then i mix it myself.

suprisingly...after i do tat...the FC for that tank of petrol & the nxt tank is around 16km per litre...

i juz flush the water out frm my civic yest...see whether can better the FC..

Ani bros out there...wat do u tink of this method....how often shd 1 flush out the tank??

↡ Advertisement

FC about 11-12km per litre...then 1 day i hand itchy want to try flush out the water inside & put new water inside...

i got buy 1 bottle of green colour coolant frm Autobacs la...then i mix it myself.

suprisingly...after i do tat...the FC for that tank of petrol & the nxt tank is around 16km per

check manual for coolant change frequency.Should be around 2 years. but your FC improvement is abit shocked.gif ........ maybe got other factors in as well ??

Neutral Newbie

owners manual is 2 yrs or every 40k. where u do regular servicing at SA they will do it as a routine. got them to service my car..fuel consumption still the same.

maybe ur old radiator is dirty and thus the engine gets v heated..thus burn more petrol...but if u flush the water liao..engine gets cooler and smoother..thus burn less...

Neutral Newbie

i see..

thanks man...

1 more thing i like to ask...

bout my civic air-con....pple advice mi to chack wiring & clean throttle body...

ani bro here noe hw much it cost in SG to do wiring & throttle body clean?

one qn,

can use normal water for radiator?

For old radiator, is there any special formula to put in to reduce the problems of rusts,etc that may compounded over the years?

For normal jap cars, Guess can use Ethyl Glycol(spelling?) the green type for the older models. Can buy at most petrol stations or spare part shops.

Try to check the mix ratio (usually 50/50) & how much water in the cooling system. Read the instructions on the bottle & owner's manual to be sure.

Newer cars have different type so u have to check your manual for details.

Conti cars use another type again.

Always make sure u put the correct type & mix ratio of water to coolant as per instructions for best results.

In SG we got no winter so no need to flush at winter time. Just check the lifespan & flush accordingly.

As the question above asks...

last time when i drive my suzuki swift...FC about 11-12km per litre...then 1 day i hand itchy want to try flush out the water inside & put new water inside...

suprisingly...after i do tat...the FC for that tank of petrol & the nxt tank is around 16km per litre...

i juz flush the water out frm my civic yest...see whether can better the FC..

Ani bros out there...wat do u tink of this method....how often shd 1 flush out the tank??

confirm ur previous coolant contains lots of rust and no longer able to "cool" [:)]