Tyre size changing.

Jiayong

your tire size is correct, like my ride, i upgrade from 185/60/14 to 195/50/15

if it rub, should be your offset...

they should jag up your car and do a full turn to see where is rub...

↡ Advertisement

yes..i know the figures are abit hard to imagine in todays cars.

But the figures are correct. 20+ offset with about 2 inch spacers.

Now I am using offset -9

Really old school deep dish. Very beautiful. thumbsup.gif

Ummh......since its touching when you're on -9 off-set, I'd guess its touching at the wheel well external cos it stick out too much?

i see..means too high - hit top part of wheel hub. iszit p** h*** the so call famous tyre shop...thought they are very friendly leh.

the funny thing is that it rubs on the inside leh..not the outside...outside fender is fine leh....i also blurz liao...

Hmm..

Well...in my opinion, pxx xxxg is still good.

All these was just a misunderstanding due to some threads being mis read by him. And I mistook it as he was ignoring any form of after sales service.

I have contacted Justin and he has offered tremendous help in getting my wheels to fit nicely and I would feel that his gesture is credible enough to show that he is indeed concern over his customers' after sales satisfaction.

sorry to Justin from pxx xxxg for this great misunderstanding.

Neutral Newbie

Hiya guys... Most sales shops are like that... It's all about selling their product (d same way I'm being advised now to reduce my tyre size)

would it be advised to reduce tyre size from 205/65/15 to 195/65/15 for Toyota Camry LE 1999 model?

Hiya guys... Most sales shops are like that... It's all about selling their product (d same way I'm being advised now to reduce my tyre size)

would it be advised to reduce tyre size from 205/65/15 to 195/65/15 for Toyota Camry LE 1999 model?

i guess u can save some fuel but is less stable when cornering, given camry is a big car

Sorry no offence and I got few answers it depend the situations

1st I presumed your Toyota Original tire size 205/65/15 ( I meant not BOneo spec)

If the WS only has 195/65/15 in stock, he probably tells you no problem to use 195/65/15

If the WS has both 195/65/15 and 205/65/15 in stock the answer is 205/65/15 for sure.

if you got back to Boneo ? their answer is both 195/65/15 and 205/65/15 can use ,

Business is business .

If you ask me 195/65/15 is it advisable to use? I said can , WHY ? you must know you had changed the tire size and seller will not be hold responsible for it . 

If you want 100% sure answer just follow your Original fitted (I meant factory fitted or CAr manufacturer recommended) and only go for Good and reliable brand you are SAFE.

Just MHO

Neutral Newbie

hi guys. My old tyres were 195/50/15 and i downgraded my rims to 14 inch.

What size tyres should I use?

I used the convertor and thought that 185/60/14 should be ok. But now the tyre rubs whenever i do a full lock or a sharp turn.

Can someone please help me out? Cos the famous tyre shop that I bought from was so helpful when selling me the tyre but totally f*** care me and give half hearted answers when I question him about the problem.

Somemore I wasnt even demanding a exchange, I mad eit clear I was just enquiring about the correct size so I can trade in mine and top up for the correct ones.

But he simply just doesnt believe in after sales.

I should have listened to the bros here and not got that shop.

Please suggest me advantage and disadvantage of changing Tyre size from 205/60 R16 ( company fitted Tyre ) to 215/60 R16 in my S-Cross . Tyre dealer ask me it’s beneficial in all ways ? True or not
  • Praise 1

Please suggest me advantage and disadvantage of changing Tyre size from 205/60 R16 ( company fitted Tyre ) to 215/60 R16 in my S-Cross . Tyre dealer ask me itâs beneficial in all ways ? True or not

First of all.. which is a more common size as in is 205/60r16 or 215/60r16 on market place?

I’ll stick with a size that has more different Brand’s and models of tyres on the market place.

Else 215/60 will offer slightly better traction and slightly better comfort of course... with 1cm more grip per tyres that’s 4 more contact surface area and 1.6% more Tyre cushioning.

Please suggest me advantage and disadvantage of changing Tyre size from 205/60 R16 ( company fitted Tyre ) to 215/60 R16 in my S-Cross . Tyre dealer ask me it’s beneficial in all ways ? True or not

If load index and speed rating change,  it will affect handling and road holding. 

↡ Advertisement