Car alarm.... useful or useless???

Zombie

Neutral Newbie

I don't have a car alarm. I am wondering if it is useful to have one.

In SGP, it is relatively safe. The most common car crime is the breaking of windshield to steal cash card. Professional car thieves are seldom heard of.

Outside SGP, modes of stealing your car.

- tow-truck

- knifepoint rob your keys

- crash into your car, whack you up and drive off in your car

Usefulness of car alarm

- finding your car in MSCP if you have forgotten where you park

- frighten the stray loitering around your car if you are afraid to shoo them away

What do you think? Car-Alarm useful? Like to hear your views cos the above is only my personal view.

↡ Advertisement

The best solution is not car alarm. It is car alarm activated bomb. Anyone break into the car and the car senses it. BOOM! Kenna robbed at knifepoint and forced to handover keys. Hijacker drives off gleefully then BOOM! Wife threatens divorce and you give her the car keys for a spin to meet her lover, she picks him up and then BOOM! sly.gif

Neutral Newbie

I read in Onemotoring there is some technology that you can track your car, via means of GPS. I would think that is more practical if the technology is proven. Not cheap though.

Neutral Newbie

yes bro. i mentioned turbo timer becos i see more usefulness in the timer than the alarm.... hehehe...

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

3 Place this car can't go.

1. JB Ops

2. Jurong Island

3. Near Parliment

Note: Not advisable to have any visible facial hair when driving this vehicle.

Edited by Dtvox

Neutral Newbie

oh yes...mention of Ops... if your car don't go out of SGP, then with what I mentioned, there is absolutely no need for alarm liao... agree?????

Neutral Newbie

i heard of some very good alarm system where by ur car when lifted by anything above the grnd will trigger.

like if a tow truck attempts to lift ur car immediately the alarm will go off alerting ppl arnd tat area and also u tru a sms.

but i think in singapore its rather safe unless you go to JB often and drive a Benz or BMW in.

Neutral Newbie

The car alarm may go off

but if the thief bold enough, he will carry on breaking into your car as if he is the owner who lost his keys...

If he tow away your car ringing, he may just say car spoil towing to workshop....

maybe we should just buy a pitbull and keep the dog in the car [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

they are all gd excuses but in the matter of fact whn the alarm goes off ppl will notice the car and the person's face. he may be gd at acting but ppl will remember his face tats when he will eventually get caught.

if theres nothing to hinder him he will jus tow awy happily or break in happily.

Neutral Newbie

In Singapore it may be safer

and cars get stolen less often which is the good thing.

A good alarm is important

However if a skilled thief really wants your car no alarm can stop him

it can only slow him down a bit.

like you said hopefully someone notice him and bothers to tell the police.... [gossip]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Good to have if you wanna make sure your doors are locked or unlocked, since most alarms will either horn or blink both signal lights.

If you want alarm get a good one with shock sensor.

Alarm is a must if you wanna go JB, however even an alarm doesn't ensure your car won't kana stolen.

So when you are in JB, make sure you park head-in 1st and turn the steering wheel to either one side. Then it will be hard for car thieves to tow your car.

My dad's friend had his Lexus towed away in Pelangi plaza and the security guard did nutting even though he saw it being towed away.

Edited by Kax2

Neutral Newbie

Good to have your doors are locked , since most alarms will either horn or blink both signal lights. i think u better get a good one with shock sensor.....my friend n i had supper at jalan kayu, glass was broken into as she left the bag on the floor.....stupid alarm did not go off as the robber did not touch door handles............. [lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed]

TP came later n just said that this has happened before......meaning that my friend was stupid enough but..............how can tp say that......should patrol more [furious][furious][furious][furious][furious][furious][furious]

↡ Advertisement