Groaning creaking sound when releasing brake

• Search this thread
13 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 08 April 2005 - 10:16 AM

Weezersg
  • Premium member
    Weezersg
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

If I release my brake slowly and stop again esp at traffic lights, I can hear this creaking metallic sound coming from my rear, as if some hinges is not well oil. The brake is working well just the noise is annoying for a car that is quite new on the road.
There is no noise if I release brake fully, it comes only if I didnt fuly release the brake pedal like in stop start situation. Any idea or similar exp anyone?

Posted 08 April 2005 - 10:29 AM

Soya
  • Soya
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

is yrs drum brakes?

Posted 08 April 2005 - 10:36 AM

Nerd_on_wheels
  • Premium member
    Nerd_on_wheels
    4th Gear

yours auto right ? is it constantly and everytime like that ? If its anytime also like that, go back SA and smash.gif smash.gif , but if intermintently got sound, then must see wat other expert advice. I am a manual car freak dizzy.gif

Posted 08 April 2005 - 11:58 AM

Xavier
  • Premium member
    Xavier
    4th Gear

Mine is like this also. Esp when u step lightly on the brakes then release then step a bit again..the sound will come out.. I think its the sound from the drum brakes.. I presume it is normal..
This is a computer generated letter which does not requires any signature.

Posted 08 April 2005 - 01:56 PM

Splash11
  • Splash11
    1st Gear

Hello

I am having the same problem as well, Will bring it up to the techincian next week went I go for my servicing. Will keep you posted.

Posted 08 April 2005 - 02:04 PM

DarkLord
  • DarkLord
    2Fast2Furious

Think it's quite normal lahz.. Even my ride which has 4 disc brakes also give off these sounds when I releases the brakes slowly..
Greatest mod of my life part 3 coming soon!

Posted 08 April 2005 - 02:56 PM

Sotong_kia
  • Sotong_kia
    5th Gear

Yours Optra or Aveo ?

Mine is Optra, Auto. Yes, it is the sound of the brakes.
Try put to N or P and see if the same sound happens, on level ground.

I am sure the sound is because of the gears pushing the car forward, and the brakes trying to stop it.. Happens only on light braking.. or release very very slowly, will feel the groaning sound.
+-----------------------+
*--Blurr...Blurr...Sotong--*
+-----------------------+

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:26 PM

Black_knight1sg
  • Black_knight1sg
    1st Gear

I also got this sound from my aveo5 (auto)...

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:36 PM

Xavier
  • Premium member
    Xavier
    4th Gear

Looks like it is normal after all since everyone got the same problem...
This is a computer generated letter which does not requires any signature.

Posted 08 April 2005 - 04:14 PM

Godfinger
  • Premium member
    Godfinger
    5th Gear

No worries for this.
As alot of us has pointed out,
this sound produced because the
brakes are trying to hold the car
while the transmission is pushing
it forward.

Perfectly normal since the sound will
disappear after full release of Brake
pedal.

Posted 08 April 2005 - 05:18 PM

Weezersg
  • Premium member
    Weezersg
    2nd Gear

Looks like is 'normal' for aveo5 auto since evryone experience this. Is just quite annoying sometimes the sound, if can want to eliminate it otherwise just get use to it lor smile.gif
anyway splash11 do keep us posted after your servicing c if can 'solve' it or we have to live with it wink.gif

Posted 08 April 2005 - 05:29 PM

Brizzy
  • Brizzy
    1st Gear

mine oso...new car(Auto) with all disc brakes, hardly 5 days old...can really hear the groan when the brake is released by inches or not smoothly....

think it's quite the norm...have driven another auto car, also give the same feedback. but let see what others have experienced

Posted 08 April 2005 - 05:42 PM

Brock
  • Brock
    5th Gear

I agree. It's normal with all auto cars. Driven my dad's Hyundai and friend's Renault. All the same groaning sound.

Posted 28 September 2010 - 10:30 PM

Classy310
  • Classy310
    Neutral Newbie

Hi everyone,

make a search and dig out this thread.. haha.. 5 years ago de.

Mine having the same sound when releasing my brake pad as the TS desribed.. driving GE FIT auto.

But the diff is , mine only have this sound after i change my front brake pad.. still normal? B4 the new pads, no such sound.

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users