Newbie with Jazz asking for advise

RedRay

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

I am a newbee who just got my Red Jazz, [inlove]

Can anyone advise whether it is better to change the immobaliser to car alarm?

Or would it be better to just add lights/alarm to it? [blush]

Also, mine is 12/02 Jazz, can I know for those of you with similar models, do yours come with only 2 rear speakers? Mine does, I thought there were 2 front & back?

It comes with a black Pioneer, DEH-440, single cd + radio player. Anyone else got the same type? [:/]

I wonder if it was the previous owner or the car dealer who changed it? [mad]

Anyone know where to get good & affordable side strips, replacement cd player, speakers & maybe alarm too? [gossip]

If by changing the radio & alarm, will the warranty by Kah motors be void?

For those with warranty, when you sent back your car for servicing by Kah, is it free & does it take a long time? Which service location is best? [flowerface]

Thanks guys/gals

↡ Advertisement

Hi, my Jazz is 10/02 so I hope I can advise you.

Immobilizer and keyless entry/alarm are different things. Immobilizer are the chip in your key that is needed to start the car. I tink what you have now is keyless entry so you can go ahead to install any kind of alarm. Mine was given by my SE so not sure of a good place to install. Perhaps you can try Kingways Audio at Lor 25 Geylang, the boss there also drive a very nice red Jazz.

Mine also came with 4 speakers and yes, yours have been changed b4. Kah motor installed Kenwood double din mp3 player for that batch of Jazz. I am still using the Kenwood one.

Kah will not void your warranty when you changed the headunit and installed alarm. They do not anyhow void warranty one. I have installed a Apexi cone air intake and muffler but still they changed the EGR valve and startup clutch under warranty for me. Servicing is never free at Kah and it's not cheap. But you can bring your own engine oil, oil filter, spark plugs, fuel filter, etc to reduce the cost. Servicing normally takes 1 day, normally I sent in my car at 8am and only get back at 4pm. I usually go Ubi one, no such thing as best service centre...go to the one nearest to you.

Anyway, do join the Fit and Jazz owners here:

http://forum.sg-fit-jazz.com

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, thanks for the replys.

I can safely say that the original headunit was changed to this old unit.

Too bad for me.

I also had to add 2 more front speakers. Guess who took them out?

Anybody got overheat problems, especially during mid day traffic jams during hot weather?

Will the "hot" indicator blink first before coming on?

The old Honda 88 civic GL, I use to have, had an indicator that actually went up. I guess it helps to determine when to off the air-con & when to actually stop the car.

As for car alarm, unless I am willing to spend a bomb, I will probably skip it.

Hi,

I saw tat u had changed ur startup clutch..I knew this change was needed in the previous EK3 (which I used to own) and its replacement ES8. Both cars were using CVT and the sympton was instantaneous power loss. Did the same thing happen to ur jazz too ?

Neutral Newbie

Hi Cracker,

Seriously, I don't have a clue as to what you are asking, sorry.

Can you elaborate?

sorry person, my apology...

msg was meant for FCW 75 who posted....

"....Hi, my Jazz is 10/02 so I hope I can advise you.

Immobilizer and keyless entry/alarm are different things. Immobilizer are the chip in your key that is needed to start the car. I tink what you have now is keyless entry so you can go ahead to install any kind of alarm. Mine was given by my SE so not sure of a good place to install. Perhaps you can try Kingways Audio at Lor 25 Geylang, the boss there also drive a very nice red Jazz.

Mine also came with 4 speakers and yes, yours have been changed b4. Kah motor installed Kenwood double din mp3 player for that batch of Jazz. I am still using the Kenwood one.

Kah will not void your warranty when you changed the headunit and installed alarm. They do not anyhow void warranty one. I have installed a Apexi cone air intake and muffler but still they changed the EGR valve and startup clutch under warranty for me. Servicing is never free at Kah and it's not cheap. But you can bring your own engine oil, oil filter, spark plugs, fuel filter, etc to reduce the cost. Servicing normally takes 1 day, normally I sent in my car at 8am and only get back at 4pm. I usually go Ubi one, no such thing as best service centre...go to the one nearest to you.

Anyway, do join the Fit and Jazz owners here: ..."

↡ Advertisement