Infinity - Cars

Cool_jazz

Neutral Newbie

Thanks... my friend finally decided to skip the Infiniti and has booked the Harrier. wink.gif

↡ Advertisement

im looking at q30

Q30 .... not so soon lah. Your lemon can tahan till then or not ?

Anyway, The Straits Times writeoput  said that the Q30 is more expensive then the A250 in the UK.... if so, I would rather go for the A250.

I am a badge whore

Q30 .... not so soon lah. Your lemon can tahan till then or not ?

Anyway, The Straits Times writeoput  said that the Q30 is more expensive then the A250 in the UK.... if so, I would rather go for the A250.

I am a badge whore

In most countries, Infiniti is in same price range as the German brands/Lexus.

But for the time being in SG, think they would still need to be priced at a decent discount lah, to move units.

That's why for non bagde whores, it's good value.  [:p]

infinitis-production-ready-variable-comp

http://www.motor1.com/news/94076/infiniti-announces-production-ready-variable-compression-ratio-engine/

Infiniti has taken the wraps off its brand new Variable Compression-Turbocharged (VC-T) gasoline engine which has been in developed over the last two decades. The production-ready unit is rated at 268 horsepower (200 kilowatts) and 288 pound-feet (390 Newton-meters) of torque and can automatically adapt to lower or raise the height the pistons reach. It effectively means the compression ratio can vary between 8:1 and 14:1, thus offering the best of both worlds: high performance and fuel economy. Depending on the driving conditions, the engine’s control logic can apply the optimum ratio for maximum performance or efficiency.

According to Infiniti, the new engine is smaller and lighter in comparison to conventional units, and it also has lower noise and vibration levels. The four-cylinder, 2.0-liter VC-T unit is approximately 27 percent more efficient than the 3.5-liter V6 it will replace. At the same time, it is going to be cheaper to manufacture than today’s crop of comparable turbodiesel engines. Infiniti’s parent company Nissan explained at a briefing in Tokyo the engine should comply without any costly modifications with nitrogen oxide and other emissions rules in markets with more stringent laws.

Nissan senior engineer Kinichi Tanuma believes the new engine has what it takes to replace turbodiesels or at least become a viable alternative. He went on to specify performance and fuel economy can be further increased by implementing a gasoline-electric hybrid setup which is currently being considered.

In an interview with Motoring, Infiniti global boss Roland Kruger explained the technology can be adapted for V6 engines to cut down emissions and fuel consumption.

More details about the engine will be disclosed on September 29 at the Paris Motor Show, with the next-gen QX50 due in 2017 set to become the first production model to use it.

Source: Infiniti

No need turbo wor. Will you bite?

Who says no need turbo?

Variable compression - turbo

It works on the principle of dual VVTi + DOHC VTEC

Paiseh. Coz earlier the website made an error by saying no need turbo. Now the official statement is made by Infiniti. So it's still TC.

VVti and Vtec works on the opening(big gap and small gap) of the air intake valves. Need more power the valves will open more to let more air into the combustion chamber. This Infiniti works on compression ratio by changing the piston stroke.

Edited by Watwheels

Now all Infiniti needs to do is to combine two 2.0 I4 into a 4.0 V8 with 536 HP and 780 kN.

I will wait for the V8.

Years ago Saab tried to do something similar with a upper block that pivots with the crank case.  It was never launched though.

Edited by Volvobrick

Paiseh. Coz earlier the website made an error by saying no need turbo. Now the official statement is made by Infiniti. So it's still TC.

VVti and Vtec works on the opening(big gap and small gap) of the air intake valves. Need more power the valves will open more to let more air into the combustion chamber. This Infiniti works on compression ratio by changing the piston stroke.

Your understanding of VVT-i is incorrect.  Read this: http://www.autozine.org/technical_school/engine/vvt_3.htm

This engine definitely use dual VVT-i in different technical name only.

For variable compression, it varies the height of piston during compression phase.  Thus, combustion chamber will increase/decrease.  It will result in more/less air in compression chamber.

Principally, it is the same.  The method used is different only.

• Praise 1

So in layman term, vvti opens the door earlier but opening width remains the same.

VTEC on the other hand is able to open the door wider and let more people comes in.

Twincharged

Heard on radio on offers for the Infinity Q50 at 149k... management models... pretty decent value for the price if you ask me.

In nov 2015 with high COE Q50 at 149K

In 2018 with 31 K COE, and SWW - Singapore water week going at $139,800..

I think got room for adjustment/ moderation of prices

Hi to all Q50 lover,

The latest promotion of Q50 Luxe (MY18) event unit is selling @ $136,800, only several unit left.

Hehe, I have grab one unit two weeks ago.