Interior Dome Light

Brock

I want to change the interior dome light of my Aveo from stock yellow to the white or blue light. Is it just as simple to get a flathead screwdriver and slowly pry open the plastic cover and then remove the bulb? Anyone can post a pic of the bulb so that I can go grab one first? Where and how much?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

These bulbs are cheap, I've got the bright white ones in my car.

You're right on the prying part - but careful, the bulbs are hot !!

Check out Sunshine Plaza ground floor if you work in the area.

Wow! Serious?! Paiseh la. Just point to me where to get them. But is it as easy as removing the cover with a flathead screwdriver, removing the bulb and inserting the new one in? How many bulbs required for my Aveo? Is the LED VERY bright? Brighter the better! [laugh]

Redline,

Thanks for the tip. Will be careful when I'm prying them out. Probably switch off the lights before I pry them out.

Roger that. The slot is rather small...will still try...maybe with a bit of Scotch tape

just make sure is the "right" side to pry. At least for my ride, one side is the catch, the other is the 'lever' end.

dunno how to put into words, hopefully you understand.

Wow! Serious?! Paiseh la. Just point to me where to get them. But is it as easy as removing the cover with a flathead screwdriver, removing the bulb and inserting the new one in? How many bulbs required for my Aveo? Is the LED VERY bright? Brighter the better! laugh.gif

I used my fingers for mine.. Yupz.. As simple as that. One is enough. I got the blue one for asthetic effect. White one is brighter. Come down to Bishan tomorrow or on Friday. Then I can show you lahz.

Wah...swee man. *drools* I think I must get white and blue. Once in a while switch, depending on mood.

Darklord,

Friday? Tough la. Whole day occupied with work plus meeting. Night time gotta fetch wife plus another meeting...

But really touched by your sincerity to help. Must be like u. [angel]

↡ Advertisement