Flushing of ATF during regular change

Protege

I am currently driving a Protege and I close to my 40k servicing which requires ATF fluid change. The authorised workshop recommended me to do a flushing during the change to clean the gearbox and also prolong the lifespan. However, the flushing will cost much more due to the usage of more ATF Fluid.

Is it required to flush ATF durin change esp when car is still new around 40k mileage?

↡ Advertisement

Bro, flush at 40K is highly recommended [thumbsup] as you will need to also change your ATF at the same time [;)] If drain and top up without flushing, only about 40% of the ATF is replaced if i am not wrong. [:p] Actually, i thought of doing flushing at 20K servicing for my ride [:p] Which is your authorized centre cos maybe i can pay a visit there since they can provide ATF flushing [:)]

I am visiting the Shell station near Queenstown MRT. They have a machine which can do flushing. As flushing need about 10litres of ATF compared to the usual 4 litres. Thats why it cost more.

The service at this station is very good!! [thumbsup][thumbsup]

Thanks Bro [thumbsup] I'm driving a Mazda 3 and currently doing servicing at City Auto which is also one of the authorized servicing centre but they don't have this ATF flushing machine. [:(] Will pay them a visit when i reach 20K. [;)]

pal, if i go Nissan for servicing , do they actually help me to change my ATP fluid??...My car is turning 2 yrs in a mth time and 100,000KM+.....

No prob bro!! Go visit Derrick. He is the station manager. A great and friendly guy!! You will sure like his service.

I am not very sure. I know the total package with fuel filter change, oil and oil filter change, ATF fluid flush and change plus ATF filter change and all the normal servicing stuff, its 400 plus.

Neutral Newbie

You could try Riverview Auto at AMK Autopoint.. good service, reasonable pricing..

Disclaimer: Absolutely no commercial relations to Riverview Auto. Just a satisfied customer.

Bro,

Pardon my ignorance. I tot Riverview only do wheel related stuff like alignment, etc?

Not really cheap lah.....

If you go to KATC, they charge $50 for labour to do the flush. Buying your own ATF at ~$7/- per quart for mineral ATF, 10 qrts = $70.

Total is only about $120.

The only reason I'm not too satisfied is that they did not drop the pan to clean.

No need to drop the pan if the flushing and filling is done by a deluxe ATF machine. This old school of thought is not applicable anyone more. Some european high end cars recommed not to change the AFT - the transimission is seal for life.

Dropping the pan will cost more in terms of labour charges and cost of repalcement gasket and seals.

(edited)

I believe they have a very high class Tatsuno ATF machine.

Edited by Yeobh

Thanks Bro [;)] Cos i have not really check out the prices for ATF flushing yet [:p] That's why $140.00 to maintain the lifespan of the gearbox IMHO is cheap as compared to thousands of dollars to replace it. [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement