RE :Jaguar Owners Servicing

Yann

Neutral Newbie

Hi All,

I just bought a second hand Jaguar X-type 2.5. Can I ask any fellow owners if you could be so kind to recommend me an alternative mechanic that can service Jaguars apart from Malayan Motors? cause its already over the warranty period. Thanks in advance. [wave]

Regards,

Yann

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

How old is your car? How much did you get for the car? I also intended to get a second hand X-type Jag. I think the servicing is ain't cheap. [:)]

Neutral Newbie

I got a 3.5 yr old X-type 2.5SE for under 95k with a buy back guarantee for export from the dealer (provided if they are still around!). It's not that cheap a bargain, but the car looks to be in good condition, passed ST evaluation with an 'A' rating, and more or least I know exactly what I stand to loose when i decide to change car in a couple years time. AND at least its black so that I won't look so Ah Pek in a black Jag. Only thing is that the portion under the "Wheel bearing/Tire Noise" section in the evaluation report got a 'B' rating. Hopefully its the tires, which I'm asking them to change, or else I might ask them to change the wheel bearings.

Any owner here faces a similiar problem? Or knows a good workshop where I can send it to?

Thanks in advance. Will keep you posted on the car qualities.

Regards,

Yann

Hopefully its as fun to drive as my Fabia.

Neutral Newbie

[reply]

I just bought a second hand Jaguar X-type 2.5.

Cool thumbsup.gif From a Fabia to a Jaguar, nice upgrade nod.gif

Congrat on your new ride cool.gif

Cheers sunny.gif

Neutral Newbie

Interior is nice. A bit Ah Pek looking though, but i doubt its bigger than a Camry. It's in the size range of a 3 series but slightly bigger.

(edited)

I know of this place that does Servicing for Jaguar. Seen a couple of SJ plate there.

But, I can't comment whether are they cheap or not.

Check Auto Service

Address : 158 Yio Chu Kang Rd Singapore 545612

Telephone : 6280 8861

Edited by Gadgeter

Neutral Newbie

Hi, [:)]

I don't drive a Jag but my brother used to have a XJ6 and it

was usually serviced/repaired by these ex malayan motor mechanics.

They were previously at SHELL lorong 1 toa payoh and now they are at

the SHELL station at yio chu kang. The guys' name is Benny, don't know

if his father ( Ah Tah ) is still there.

As to cost, i really can't tell you, but talk to Benny.

BTW, they were 1st at SHELL, clemenceau avenue.

Neutral Newbie

Thank you very much for the help guys. Much appreciated!

All those ex Malayan motors mechanics operating out from W svs stn- they maybe out of touch with all these highly sophicated Ford produced Jaguars that are managed by 8 sets of on-board computers and equiped with fibre optic signal cables etc etc.Without the Jaguar OEM notebook there is hardly any way you can diagnose for driveability problem. Aftermaker scanner are just a waste of money!!

Agreed.

I learnt that from a Brit Engineer, Any Jag breaks down/servicing, no mech can do any anything unless he has the right console/software to login into the car.

Thats right, I understand even their sesoned well trained mechanics find it really tough going to do catch up on the new technologies being introudce at lighting speed.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Sh|t. Didn't know it's not so easy to service and problem solve a Jaguar. Seems so complicated. But I presume those normal servcing like oil change, brake pads,..etc (non-electronic) can be done by other mechanics right?

Anyway, here's some info on the fuel consumption.

It's TERRIBLE. One day to and fro work, (about 65 km), takes out quarter tank. And all these while I'm keeping the rev as low as possible and avoiding peak-period jam-filled road hours.

But one the bright side, I just found out from an incident yesterday that the car can really accelerate and fly if it wants to. [:)]

But from my one week's experience driving it, I find that car is best enjoyed when you are cruising lazily on the road. I guess I'm becoming an 'Ah Pek' driver also. [:/]

Edited by Yann

After an oil change you may have to get the mechanics to reset the oil interval indicator.This can oly be carried out with a standalone oil interval reset tool or a scanner with the correct programme.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Civic79,

I'm very sorry bro. I didn't even get the chance to service the Jag cause the car has been declared total loss after I got into an accident about a 2 months back. [:p] The insurance company, A*G didn't want to repair it cause the gearbox which was affected in the crash was too costly (about 11k plus). Coupled with other repair cost, they've decided to declare total loss. [dizzy] I've only managed to drive it for a month only. [smallcry]

I think you'd better ask the rest of the Jag owners.

Anyways, me looking for a car now. Any recommendation?

↡ Advertisement