Chirping sound from air-con

Alyc

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys,

recently while driving i noticed a chirping soung coming from the aircon. [smallcry]

My ride is a 1 month old optra. Anyone experience this before?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

go fix an appt wif Ubi service bay then c wats wrong.most probably they will tell u ITS LIKE TAT or the other Optra before u got louder sound(tat means u r lucky tat yrs is not loud la).ahahahaha...........tats how professional the SA customer service n maintenance team r capable of...so go bang table la if they ever answer u like tat.Good luck!

Neutral Newbie

Hmmm.... I gotta break their table if they give me such excuse.... [whip]

Maybe they will say it is because you park the car under the trees and bird have built nest inside your air-con duct. [laugh][laugh]

That's the side effect of monopoly.

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

got the same problem... went to ubi... they listen to it.. ask me come back so they can fix it... 3 hrs later took the car and till today no more sound...

Think if it is a geniune problem.. the mechanic will do their best lah.. they also know you will come back if they dun fix it probably rite??

cheers..

Mine had the sound too but SA fixed it ! They said it is the blower motor that is making the noise. Get a new fan replaced or turn up the volume of the radio ! [laugh]

CBX

Neutral Newbie

You call it chirping sound, many of us called it the cricket sound..... but all the same. It's the aircon blower, and I had to go bang tables before they did the replacement for me, every since then the sound is gone.

Insist on it.

Neutral Newbie
go fix an appt wif Ubi service bay then c wats wrong.most probably they will tell u ITS LIKE TAT or the other Optra before u got louder sound(tat means u r lucky tat yrs is not loud la).ahahahaha...........tats how professional the SA customer service n maintenance team r capable of...so go bang table la if they ever answer u like tat.Good luck!

Mabbe this time they'll actually do some real work, pull out a pair of tweezers and extract the grasshopper from inside the aircon vent....

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

mine is an aveo.

think i probably was the first person in this forum to rise this issue... and i remember vividly someone actually (jokingly nevertheless) ask me to spray bygone to kill the cricket... laugh.gif

ok, the sound normally comes from the front passenger side air-con vent.

you can send it back to SA if you too free or you can bang table till they change one for you. otherwise, if you no time and good temper like me, just live with it and after some time, the sound will go away...

for my case, the cricket lived for 1-2 mth and after that... it died naturally and nv come back again wink.gif

Edited by Tien

Okay, I just read the maintenance booklet last night... It states that noise in aircon is not covered under warranty... [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

Serious?!!! the cricket sound will go away by iself after some time? [laugh]

Then i will definitely choose to live with it. Because dun like to waste time going to SA.... [whip]

if it is the "true" cricket sound tat all of us experience, it wont go away.

Trust me cos I had changed it TWICE !!

Neutral Newbie

wont go away? hmm... mine did go away after sometime.

when i first noticed the sound, i sent the car to SA. the mechnic said there was nothing wrong and told me probably becos the parts were new = tighter so when moving, not so smooth. he applied some grease and that solved the problem.... temporarily.

the 2nd time i went back with the same problem (probably like 5k km after the first time), he again said no problem after checking for 1 WHOLE DAY. grease again.

the thrid time i went, bang table and made everyone unhappy but they still refused to change the blower as there is nothing "technically wrong" with the component. grease again.

after the 3rd time, i gave up on them liao. decided to run the aircon until the problem completely breaks down the blower then go back and claim warranty.... but to my surprise, the problem actually disappears and till today, no more problem liao. and yes, the aircon still functions fine.

so i LL but to conclude that the mechnic was right. there is nothing technically wrong with the blower and that the sound could be caused by new parts smoothing themselves out... and like he said, the problem did go away by itself and without causing any real problem for me.

anyhow, that's my experience and may not necessarily be the same as others... wink.gif