Search
Chirping sound from

• Search this thread
16 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 01 June 2005 - 04:55 PM

Alyc
  • Alyc
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi guys,

recently while driving i noticed a chirping soung coming from the aircon. smallcry.gif

My ride is a 1 month old optra. Anyone experience this before?

Posted 01 June 2005 - 05:02 PM

Steamboat
  • Steamboat
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

go fix an appt wif Ubi service bay then c wats wrong.most probably they will tell u ITS LIKE TAT or the other Optra before u got louder sound(tat means u r lucky tat yrs is not loud la).ahahahaha...........tats how professional the SA customer service n maintenance team r capable of...so go bang table la if they ever answer u like tat.Good luck!

Posted 01 June 2005 - 05:52 PM

Alyc
  • Alyc
    2nd Gear

Hmmm.... I gotta break their table if they give me such excuse.... whip.gif

Posted 01 June 2005 - 09:28 PM

Tploh
  • Tploh
    5th Gear

Maybe they will say it is because you park the car under the trees and bird have built nest inside your air-con duct. laugh.gif laugh.gif

That's the side effect of monopoly.

Posted 01 June 2005 - 10:30 PM

Dell_user123
  • Dell_user123
    Neutral Newbie

Hi,

got the same problem... went to ubi... they listen to it.. ask me come back so they can fix it... 3 hrs later took the car and till today no more sound...

Think if it is a geniune problem.. the mechanic will do their best lah.. they also know you will come back if they dun fix it probably rite??

cheers..

Posted 01 June 2005 - 11:10 PM

Cbx750p
  • Premium member
    Cbx750p
    5th Gear

Mine had the sound too but SA fixed it ! They said it is the blower motor that is making the noise. Get a new fan replaced or turn up the volume of the radio ! laugh.gif

CBX

CßX
Visit my VW Blog

http://jimmy-cbx.blogspot.sg/

Posted 02 June 2005 - 08:06 AM

Room430
  • Premium member
    Room430
    4th Gear

You call it chirping sound, many of us called it the cricket sound..... but all the same. It's the aircon blower, and I had to go bang tables before they did the replacement for me, every since then the sound is gone.

Insist on it.

Posted 02 June 2005 - 10:58 AM

Alyc
  • Alyc
    2nd Gear

Thanks guys! Will go back to SA to get it done. thumbsup.gif

Posted 02 June 2005 - 01:07 PM

Maded
  • Maded
    5th Gear

go fix an appt wif Ubi service bay then c wats wrong.most probably they will tell u ITS LIKE TAT or the other Optra before u got louder sound(tat means u r lucky tat yrs is not loud la).ahahahaha...........tats how professional the SA customer service n maintenance team r capable of...so go bang table la if they ever answer u like tat.Good luck!

Mabbe this time they'll actually do some real work, pull out a pair of tweezers and extract the grasshopper from inside the aircon vent....
-----------------
Feed me, Seymour!

Posted 02 June 2005 - 01:11 PM

Spango
  • Spango
    5th Gear

Or they might say "Don't worry. We are not charging anything for the bird's nest"... laugh.gif

Posted 02 June 2005 - 01:20 PM

Maded
  • Maded
    5th Gear

... and dun tell the others because they'll want one too!
-----------------
Feed me, Seymour!

Posted 04 June 2005 - 02:27 AM

Tien
  • Tien
    5th Gear

mine is an aveo.

think i probably was the first person in this forum to rise this issue... and i remember vividly someone actually (jokingly nevertheless) ask me to spray bygone to kill the cricket...

ok, the sound normally comes from the front passenger side air-con vent.

you can send it back to SA if you too free or you can bang table till they change one for you. otherwise, if you no time and good temper like me, just live with it and after some time, the sound will go away...

for my case, the cricket lived for 1-2 mth and after that... it died naturally and nv come back again

Edited by Tien, 04 June 2005 - 02:28 AM.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream;
not only plan, but also believe."

Posted 04 June 2005 - 09:00 AM

Spango
  • Spango
    5th Gear

Okay, I just read the maintenance booklet last night... It states that noise in aircon is not covered under warranty... sweatdrop.gif

Posted 06 June 2005 - 03:04 PM

Alyc
  • Alyc
    2nd Gear

Serious?!!! the cricket sound will go away by iself after some time? laugh.gif

Then i will definitely choose to live with it. Because dun like to waste time going to SA.... whip.gif

Posted 06 June 2005 - 03:07 PM

Cracker
  • Premium member
    Cracker
    4th Gear

if it is the "true" cricket sound tat all of us experience, it wont go away.

Trust me cos I had changed it TWICE !!

Posted 06 June 2005 - 05:01 PM

Tien
  • Tien
    5th Gear

wont go away? hmm... mine did go away after sometime.

when i first noticed the sound, i sent the car to SA. the mechnic said there was nothing wrong and told me probably becos the parts were new = tighter so when moving, not so smooth. he applied some grease and that solved the problem.... temporarily.

the 2nd time i went back with the same problem (probably like 5k km after the first time), he again said no problem after checking for 1 WHOLE DAY. grease again.

the thrid time i went, bang table and made everyone unhappy but they still refused to change the blower as there is nothing "technically wrong" with the component. grease again.

after the 3rd time, i gave up on them liao. decided to run the aircon until the problem completely breaks down the blower then go back and claim warranty.... but to my surprise, the problem actually disappears and till today, no more problem liao. and yes, the aircon still functions fine.

so i LL but to conclude that the mechnic was right. there is nothing technically wrong with the blower and that the sound could be caused by new parts smoothing themselves out... and like he said, the problem did go away by itself and without causing any real problem for me.

anyhow, that's my experience and may not necessarily be the same as others...
"To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream;
not only plan, but also believe."

Posted 06 June 2005 - 06:48 PM

Cracker
  • Premium member
    Cracker
    4th Gear

urs might be an extremely rare case smile.gif

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users