T-IV Automatic Transmission Fluid

Papercup

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Anyone of you guys know about this grade of ATF? Is it the same as Dexron III?

↡ Advertisement

i think Type T-IV is a grade in itself...

driving a toyota? if so, you'll have to use only Toyota branded T-IV ATF... or if you can find it, Mobil ATF-3309..

Toyota Type T-IV according to Gene is equivalent to Dexron VI. Lots of friction modifiers. Slippery and smooth. Maybe that is the reason why Toyota FC so good.

Neutral Newbie

From what I read in GMTech. Aveo and Optra is suppose to use this grade of ATF. Hmmm... does it mean we can't use other type?

Actually Dexron ATF is backwards compatible. Dexron-III is the lowest the GMDAT cars can use. In other words if you have ATF that is better than Dexron-III like IV, V or VI. More advanced in formulation = better performance when it comes to ATF.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

OIC! Thanks for the info! Now time to go search for those Dexron IV and above ATF [drivingcar]

Edited by Papercup

Can transmission that require Dexron III use T-IV grade ATF?

Actually the Toyota brand T-IV cost around $26 for 4L.

Neutral Newbie

I think can. If according to what Genie47 had mention above, T-IV should be equal to Dexron IV. And Dexron is backward compatible.

Neutral Newbie

i really suggest you go with the original ATF from Toyota. I asked many shops and mechs for my brother's car. All of them told me to stick with the Toyota one.

auto tranny very expensive to repair.

Actually I saw the Toyota T-IV selling at $26 for 4L (quite cheap) ... just wondering whether I can use that to flush my Nissan Sunny AT .... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

A big well known shop is selling the same Toyota T-IV 4L for $70 [rifle][hur]

T-IV is very high grade ATF. Very high standard and very slippery. Can use. Just don't go adding racing ATF into your street car. Not good enough.

Neutral Newbie

hey bro, care to share where you saw the T-IV selling at $26?

ekekeke.... better not try on N16 leh... keekeke..though backward compatible, i dont really dare to try...kekekeke.. [laugh] i only use Dexron III Mercon.

Cheaper source of Toyota T-IV ATF at Bukit Merah area. Most shops $24-$25 for 4L.

The uncles there actually advise against machine flushing. They say waste too much oil.

They rather change 4L + ATF filter at shorter intervals than go for major flush at 40-50k.

Normal 1.6L cars use less than 4L for ATF change.

Further more, one even say that the excess

Neutral Newbie

Hi Is the uncle who gave the advice ready to back up his words if the transmission break down and pay?

Is it more likely that he does not have the machine thus discouraging flushing?

Understand transmission can last longer with regular and proper maintenance and ATF change.

Take a chance or not I rather take care to save my pocket.

If unsure call KATC at 6 4565200 they know better.

Good luck

↡ Advertisement