Search
pressure recommended 50R17 tyres

• Search this thread
15 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 28 June 2005 - 12:39 PM

Heynsl
  • Heynsl
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I had upgraded my original rims from 16" to 17".
Kindly recommend me the correct pressure for my upgraded rims and tyres with the profile 215/50R17.

How do u calculate the correct pressure for different profile of tyres?

Thanks.

Posted 28 June 2005 - 06:15 PM

Heynsl
  • Heynsl
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

By the way, I am using Dunlop Direzza 215/50R17 tyres.
Does anyone able to advise me the correct tyre pressure for it?

Posted 28 June 2005 - 07:49 PM

Wire
  • Wire
    2nd Gear

Sorry I am not so sure.
But I also intend to change my current stock 15" to 17" rims.
May I know why you choose 215/50R17? Isn't that too big a diameter?
May I know what's your original tire/rim config?

Posted 30 June 2005 - 05:59 PM

Heynsl
  • Heynsl
    2nd Gear

original size is 16" rims... tyre not sure...

Edited by Heynsl, 30 June 2005 - 06:00 PM.

Posted 24 July 2006 - 08:17 PM

atlantis
  • atlantis
    Clutched

Bump this one as I can't find answers after googling for hours!

Posted 24 July 2006 - 08:25 PM

Furrynadz
  • Premium member
    Furrynadz
    Supercharged

for dz101 can use 32-36 psi range depending on size
u can try 34 and go up or down
lower profile might need lower to maybe 32-33 for comfort or use 34 for best handling/comfort mix

Posted 25 July 2006 - 11:24 AM

Mzrmazda3
  • Premium member
    Mzrmazda3
    2Fast2Furious

Bro, i'm on 215/45R17 and pumping 245 using SPC digital pump wink.gif

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:04 AM

Kungfu
  • Kungfu
    4th Gear

Kindly recommend me the correct pressure for my upgraded rims and tyres with the profile 215/50R17.

Thanks.

Jus chge to 205/40/17 Federal ss595, tyres state max 36 psi,so what is the correct pressure for this set of tyres. Can I pump to 30 psi???????????

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:07 AM

Beregond
  • Beregond
    5th Gear

Thanks.

instead if checking the tyres , i suggest u check your car , 215.50.17 suggest u driving a bigger then average car, should be at least 34 psi +- .

if u check your tyres, i think the max psi is 41 or 51, i forget, pls dun follow that

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:55 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious

Is there a need to up the tire pressure?? The thing is you only need to up the tire pressure when you had increased the load on your vehicle. eg if the max load is reached on your car, you will up to the max air pressure indicated on your tires. It will be a sensible and logical thing to do if you see that your car is fully loaded with passengers & stuff and the tire flattens against the load, you will have to increase the air pressure to support the extra load.

I think engineers choose the tire air pressure vs the volume of air pumped into the tire as a easier benchmark for calculation. If ppl take volume as a gauge, there will be too many calculations involved when upsizing and life will be damn miserable. If you think about it, if you keep the overall diameter the same while upsizing the rim, you actually have less air space since there's more metal and less rubber between the space.

Even with lesser air space in your tires, the air pressure is still achievable inorder to support the load of the car. So if the car manufacturer states 220kpa or 32psi can support the loads from your day to day drive & activities, you can adhere to it w/o worries....even if you upsized your rims. Unless your car is carrying more passengers & barang barang dan usual...dan you up the tire pressure to support the extra load.
Winter is Coming!

Posted 29 November 2009 - 12:15 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious

In mechanical engineering point of view, it's always a smth vs another.

When it comes to load, there's always at least two pivoting points to hold the load. In the case of the car the pivoting points are the 4 wheels that supports the entire weight of the car and its occupants. That's why you only change the tire air pressure when there's an increase or decrease in weight or load.
Winter is Coming!

Posted 30 November 2009 - 02:18 AM

Nismoblack76
  • Nismoblack76
    2nd Gear

Bro, i'm on 215/45R17 and pumping 245 using SPC digital pump wink.gif

isnt it too much for the tire ...the rite pressure for 215/45r/17 is 230..if u pump the air wt nitrogen u hv to pump higher a bit to 235... drivingcar.gif
speed thrills but it does kills ..think bout the luv ones1..cheers

Posted 01 December 2009 - 01:13 PM

Mzrmazda3
  • Premium member
    Mzrmazda3
    2Fast2Furious

isnt it too much for the tire ...the rite pressure for 215/45r/17 is 230..if u pump the air wt nitrogen u hv to pump higher a bit to 235... drivingcar.gif

It would be very bumpy nod.gif

Now, i reduce to 220-230 liao after changing my set of tyres ... laugh.gif

Posted 01 December 2009 - 01:22 PM

Aspri
  • Aspri
    4th Gear

I'm on 225/R17 F1 Asymmetric and using 34 psi (roughly 235 kPa).
-------------------------------
| Do or do not, there is no try. |
-------------------------------

Posted 01 December 2009 - 02:08 PM

Dc5r
  • Dc5r
    4th Gear

Thanks.

last time my ITR is using this profile as stock.
Factory recommendation is 220 front 200 rear.

Hope it helps.

But different car might be different as weight of car is also a consideration.

Posted 02 December 2009 - 07:22 PM

Jchuacl
  • Jchuacl
    5th Gear

It depends on the vehicle specs. Do note that the tyre pressure will increase by around 2-3psi when warm, so the pressure needs to be taken when the tyres are cold.

For tyres with soft sidewall, bumping up the pressure a little bit more will be required for better handling.

Back to Tyres and Rims  ·  Aftermarket Top
TyreQueen.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users